Thread: Hair Thread

It's just oil. I'll see what I can find for a leave in
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    I wish I had the patience to colour my hair. I gave up a couple of years ago after spending nearly 20 years dying it. Now I can see my natural hair coming through I'm not pleased as I have quite a lot of grey but trying to match my natural colour is a damn nightmare :'(
    I only really continue to dye it because it looks naff when growing it out. I mean, my roots are a good two inches long, so it's not like I keep up the colouring religiously!

Isn't red hair supposed to be notoriously difficult to colour? Or bleach, at least.
    Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    I only really continue to dye it because it looks naff when growing it out. I mean, my roots are a good two inches long, so it's not like I keep up the colouring religiously!

Isn't red hair supposed to be notoriously difficult to colour? Or bleach, at least.
    I used to let mine get like that haha!!

Some red hair yes but mine bleaches very easily and takes/holds colour well as far as I know. I just need to find a colourist I trust to get the match right, it wasn't too bad last time but it was damn expensive and they've shut anyway. I've got some box dye I think may work, who knows haha! Maybe one day I will be arsed to try it :p
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    I used to let mine get like that haha!!

Some red hair yes but mine bleaches very easily and takes/holds colour well as far as I know. I just need to find a colourist I trust to get the match right, it wasn't too bad last time but it was damn expensive and they've shut anyway. I've got some box dye I think may work, who knows haha! Maybe one day I will be arsed to try it :p
    You should take a look at Adore semi-permanent dyes. They do a really lovely selection of reds and they last longer than permanent dyes (no clue why, you'd think it'd be the opposite!). Not sure how well they stick to virgin hair so you might have to do a quick bleach bath with a low vol bleach first just to raise the hair follicle. HTH.

Quote Originally Posted by NannyOgg View Post
    You should take a look at Adore semi-permanent dyes. They do a really lovely selection of reds and they last longer than permanent dyes (no clue why, you'd think it'd be the opposite!). Not sure how well they stick to virgin hair so you might have to do a quick bleach bath with a low vol bleach first just to raise the hair follicle. HTH.
    I've used Adore sienna and it turned out BRIGHT red like insanely so and I still have some processed mids and ends so they'd possibly take differently. If they do a natural ashy ginger I'd be interested and there's no way I'm bleaching my hair. I'm 2 years into no bleaching, and no perm dyes and 1 year into no shampoo, no heat, no combing/brushing. Not undoing that for anything!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

My new hair brush is amazing!!!! My hair untangled really fast and there wasn't very much breakage even though it was still damp. Yay!!!
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life." -Winston Churchill

Current: 4x lobes, left industrial, right helix, right nostril, left conch, 2x diagonal(ish) nipples, right daith, left surface tragus

Tats: 3 hours, 2 pieces

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post

I managed to grow really dark black/red out to my natural mousy brown colour. It looked absolutely crap the whole time because of my roots but I had to stick at it if I ever wanted to start again with my hair. I didn't dye it for over a year. There was still a bit left in when I last had my hair done the other week, which is why the blonde dip dye didn't take completely, but I'm soooo glad I just stuck at it and let it grow out.
    Sarah

"Do not go gentle into the good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light."

Quote Originally Posted by catface View Post
    I managed to grow really dark black/red out to my natural mousy brown colour. It looked absolutely crap the whole time because of my roots but I had to stick at it if I ever wanted to start again with my hair. I didn't dye it for over a year. There was still a bit left in when I last had my hair done the other week, which is why the blonde dip dye didn't take completely, but I'm soooo glad I just stuck at it and let it grow out.
    When I have to return to 'natural' hair colour, I'm hoping to bleach it blonde and cut out any colour. Tried to brunette on top of bright blue once and it just went a gunky grey... =/ Ah, well. I like having unnatural coloured hair, so although it's a faff it's worth it.

Talking of, here's the latest colour. Looks a bit washed out, but that's just the light/camera (it's also pink at the front). Eh, it's nice but every time I use Crazy Colour it makes me remember why SFX is the best (they have my favourite purple colour and it just generally looks amazing).

Piercings
    3x Standard Lobe
    1x 4mm Lobe
    2x Helix
    1x Rook
    2x Navel

1x Nipple
    1x Faux Snug (1x Conch/1x Helix)
    1x Triangle
    1x Septum
    1x Daith

Tattoos
    Side Piece; 5.5 hours

Other
    1x Magnetic Implant

That looks lovely Jester, I would love to dye my hair colours like that but I love being a red head. As for red hair being difficult to colour, mine soaks it up like a sponge. I remember a couple of years ago I got my hair dyed at the hair dressers and they weren't optimistic the bright red wouldn't take as I refused to have it bleached first. The lady who washed my hair just went "... Wow. You did want it postbox coloured right?". I need to redye it soon now that I have a job that will let me.
    "Fortuna Favet Fortibus"
    Grace
    L: Conch|Rook|Lobes x2|Helix Orbital|Helix

​R: Industrial|Lobes x2|Tragus|Conch Orbital

Central Labret​|Right Nipple|HCH x2

2 tattoos & 1 subdermal implant.

Next: 3rd HCH.

I think it depends on the type of red hair. I know many redheads like me with really ginger hair and pale skin and we take colour fine. But my friend who has amazing ginger hair but who tans and has thick/strong hair her hair will NOT take colour no matter what, only bleach.