Thread: Hair Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nicole<3 View Post
    Carly what color did you use might I ask???
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    I second this! Colours lovely.
    It's directions vermillion red I'll be honest, the colour was a bit of an accident, I bleached my hair and it came out super uneven, some of it was still brown and some of it was platinum blonde! It kind of looked more like I'd highlighted it than bleached all of it, but I went and put the dye on anyway so the blonde bits went bright red and the brown bits went super dark red, so its an interesting mix. Happy with how it turned out though
    Hi, I'm Carly (:

Have:
    Lobes 5mm
    Navel
    Central labret
    L Helix
    R Conch

Keelah se'lai.

^^^Even if it was an accident it is absolutely gorgeous non the less!!!! I have never used directions colors before but I have a pot of MP's vampire red and a pot of their rock n roll red which I plan to use one or the other or maybe mix a little of both and put over my henna-ed hair. Some girls on another forum told me they use it over their henna hair and it lasts a little longer and from pics it looks awesome. Plus I can use it safely bc there are no metal compounds or anything of the sort to worry about with my hair being henna-ed!!!

Scarred_pierced

I had a full fringe cut in by my hairdresser friend. Hate it, she cut FAR too much, the fringe is massive so I have to clip half of it back to make it look decent and get it to look how I want. Luckily I don't pay her, but I won't have her cut my hair ever again now. She even cut into bits of my hair at the sides that she shouldn't have. Waiting for it to grow out so I can fix it, I think I did a better full fringe before and that's without training! At least the rest of my hair is getting long! I'm still just a dark brown with a reddish tint atm, hate it, plan on going black soon.

Ah Carly that's lovely!!!

So I went to Toni and Guy today, really nice welcome and got very well looked after. Becky the colour technician came over and she went through again what she was doing and went to mix up the bleach. This was the whole process:

Separate black from faded orange and pin orange away. Put bleach mixture on black (she had to mix up 3 or 4 lots of it lol). Cover in plastic wrap and leave. Wash off.
    Whilst at backwash she applied a light fader/bleach solution to the orange. Wait 15 mins. Wash off.
    Still at backwash apply a red/brown to the orange to calm it. Wash off.
    Back at station, 2 techs dried my hair roughly, it hadn't been conditioned at this stage. Semi perm brown was applied. Heat lamp for 20mins. Wash off. Deep deep condition treatment.
    Rough dry, blow dry, straighten.
    Done!

It took four and a half hours and wasn't cheap but tbh it looks amazing and there doesn't feel like there's any damage at all to my hair, in fact it feels amazing. The semi perm will fade and the colour under it is actually lighter but as she wanted to even it out she popped it on. She said that she wants me to wait at least 8-10 weeks to cleanse again and get it lighter just so my hair can have a rest. the stylist who dried/straightened my hair also told me that Becky is awesome when it comes to cutting long hair and I did really need it in time despite it being in good condition for the damage it goes through and it not being cut for over a year.

I had a think on it and I will let Becky cut it in 8 weeks when I go back as I hadn't actually ben booked in for a colour due to the length of time it takes to do a correction like this and she knew I was really against having it cut plus it had lifted quite well at the ends after all!

She also said that as the semi perm fades it's best for me just to ignore as best as I can but if it drives me mad I can go back and she will colour it free of charge. The downside to that is at the 8 week stage when we come to lighten it again it will not go as light so I reckon I'll just put up with it haha!

So there you go, oh and a pic. The part where I had the bleached/orange section is a little lighter as you can see in the pic but it's under the top layers of my hair so blends in ok. Also remember it is lighter under this semi perm brown, that's just to stop it looking patchy

Last edited by Boo; 06-17-2013 at 07:17 PM.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

That looks gorgeous Hazel! Such a difference, really suits you!
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by phillipalouise View Post
    That looks gorgeous Hazel! Such a difference, really suits you!

Aww thank you hun, I really like it too, a bit lighter and it will be perfect. It's surprising how different it looks haha!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

I'm wanting to bleach my hair so it can either be blue or purple or just re-do my panel and I bought this today as it looked like it has in all what I need.

http://www.beeunique.co.uk/Hair-CCbleach.html

Is this enough? I've read Kaitey's little diary so I'm going to do it in stages. But anyone feel free to spell it out for me what I need to do!
    piercings
    lobes; tragus; nape; nipple; navel; vch; nostril doubles

tattoos
    star; lipstick kiss

What you'll need to do would depend on the length of your hair, the condition of it, whether it's dyed right now, what kind of dye it is and what your natural colour is.

Like, my natural colour is blonde; if I use bleach, I leave it on for a few minutes and my hair is white. My mum has medium brown hair. She leaves bleach on for 30 minutes and gets a warm/dirty blonde to light brown colour.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

My natural colour is very dark brown (but not dyed atm) and I have a green (crazy colour emerald pine) panel running under my hair with bleach underneath that. It's about 3 inch past my shoulders and is in pretty good condition.

I think I will have to leave it on for around an hour? Maybe a little less, though the site recommends 90 minutes for dark brown!
    piercings
    lobes; tragus; nape; nipple; navel; vch; nostril doubles

tattoos
    star; lipstick kiss

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Do a strand test first and once you rinse it off pull your hair pretty hard so you can see if it's likely to snap or anything
    Also you can coconut oil before to help stop any damage ^_^
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!