Thread: Hair Thread

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Violet Gothique View Post
    Hi. I'm thinking of having dreadlocks and I was wondering if anyone knew of a good hairdresser (preferably within a hour or so of Northampton, or in London) that did dreadlocks?
    I have dreads and really advocate the crochet hook method - avoid alldreaders who use wax or just back comb! I can ask my 'lockdresser' if she knows anyone in the area if you'd like?
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

I did my girlfriends dreads and would go for the crochet hook too To be fair I learnt it all off the internet and just went for it. As katie said, no wax!

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

My hair's been a bit pink for a few days

32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Hair dye is on! Way too excited lol, even though it's just a light brown semi! Already looks really dark though and it hasn't been on 5 minutes.
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Anyone here conditioner-only washing? What do you use?

I've been using Naked SLS free shampoo but not having fun with it, especially offshore. I want to simplify matters while still being SLS and silicone free.

... and I've just found two huge unopened 900ml bottles of tressemme conditioner that have -cones in :/ dammit. They can go to the charity shop if none of my relatives want them.

(edit) I want hair THIS LONG
    Last edited by kitebunny; 12-18-2012 at 04:37 PM.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

^ I often skip shampooing my hair (only because i'm lazy though :p) and I actually use the Naked shea butter and olive intensive conditioner, it works miracles for my hair.

hey, stay young, and invincible, because we know just who we are

Dying my fringe Directions Spring Green tomorrow.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Quote Originally Posted by kitebunny View Post
    Anyone here conditioner-only washing? What do you use?

I've been using Naked SLS free shampoo but not having fun with it, especially offshore. I want to simplify matters while still being SLS and silicone free.

... and I've just found two huge unopened 900ml bottles of tressemme conditioner that have -cones in :/ dammit. They can go to the charity shop if none of my relatives want them.

(edit) I want hair THIS LONG
    See if you can swap them for Tressemme Naturals, the conditioners in that range are cone free. I use both the Nourishing Moisture and the Vibrantly Smooth, and have found them surprisingly good. I don't use the shampoo though, (when I use shampoo!) as they are only lower in SLS, not SLS free.
    Current piercings:
    Left ear: 7 x lobes, right ear: 2 x lobes, auricle, inner conch. Central labret, left nostril, right nostril x 2

Past piercings:
    Navel, right tragus, 2 x right helix

Future piercings:
    Right ear: Tragus, triple forward helix

Considering:
    VCH, tongue frenulum

My fringe is Directions Spring Green now! I love it! The photo doesn't show the actual colour - it's a lot brighter and more vibrant in real life, but oh well. :L

Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Hennaed my hair with Lush's Caca Rouge on Saturday and it went like this over faded dyed ginger hair with natural dark blonde roots (it evened out all the colour).
    Bits of me that have been stabbed
    8mm lobes
    2nd lobes
    left rook
    right helix & tragus
    right conch
    paired nostrils
    philtrum
    nape MD
    nipples

Tumblr
    /Facebook/Twitter