Thread: Hair Thread

John Freida frizz products are amaaaaazing for people who have stubborn, curly messes like me!

Quote Originally Posted by _Angela View Post
    phillipalouise, that's a gorgeous hair color, it suits you!
    Awh thank you! I really like it, it's such a nice orangey reddy mix. Super happy with henna!
    Hi, I'm Philly

Current;

L industrial | L rook | L conch | R tragus | R helix | R daith | 4 x standard lobe | 2 x 6mm lobe | L nostril | Septum |

Retired;
    L nipple | Navel |

Find me;
    Blog| Instagram

I wish my hair would grow! It seems to have grown a bit at the back, but I'm not sure if it's grown even a little bit everywhere else. It doesn't feel in the best of conditions, which could be why it hasn't grown much, so I think I'm going to try not to straighten my hair next week (apart from when I wash it - it goes almost afro then! :L). I might try different hair products later as well. Can anyone recommend me some good hair products for dry/damaged type hair?
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

I'll lend you whatever miracle grow my hair has had lately.I bleached it 3 weeks ago and when I did my roots the other day there was about 15mm of growth in some places already!But I know it's hard but it's only recently I've started to use heat styling on my hair since the shave and my hair does have afro in it but the condition is amazing now.If you know your not going out then just leave it natural. Also if it's dry/damaged have a good cut and try get rid some of the worst bits.I personally use a Toni & Guy deep condition mask which works wonders on my hair and I know a lot of the ladies will recommend the Joico K-Pak
    Bonjour I'm Kym(oomoo)

Piercings

|Lobes 14mm||Left Conch||Snakebites|Monroe||Left Eyebrow Diver|
    |Philturm
    ||Septum 1.6mm||4mm right lobe|

Ink

|14 all together||Lower right arm becoming half sleeve|

Thanks.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

K-Pak is good but pricey. Coconut oil is really cheap and makes a fantastic deep conditioner. Melt it, slather it all over your hair, wrap in a bag or shower cap, and leave as long as you can. 18 hours is ideal, then shampoo out. You can also use it before you bleach or use permanent dye to minimise damage. I also have curly hair and used to straighten it all the time. It is much more healthy since I stopped straightening it. The ends used to snap off at the same rate as it grew so it never got any longer. It has grown over 3 inches since IO gave up straightening this summer.
    Current piercings:
    Left ear: 7 x lobes, right ear: 2 x lobes, auricle, inner conch. Central labret, left nostril, right nostril x 2

Past piercings:
    Navel, right tragus, 2 x right helix

Future piercings:
    Right ear: Tragus, triple forward helix

Considering:
    VCH, tongue frenulum

Quote Originally Posted by *Stella* View Post
    K-Pak is good but pricey. Coconut oil is really cheap and makes a fantastic deep conditioner. Melt it, slather it all over your hair, wrap in a bag or shower cap, and leave as long as you can. 18 hours is ideal, then shampoo out. You can also use it before you bleach or use permanent dye to minimise damage. I also have curly hair and used to straighten it all the time. It is much more healthy since I stopped straightening it. The ends used to snap off at the same rate as it grew so it never got any longer. It has grown over 3 inches since IO gave up straightening this summer.
    Thanks, I have coconut oil so I'll try that.

None of the Joico stuff worked on my hair for some reason. Or any of the expensive things for dry hair come to think of it. I had the worst dry hair ever, had to cut some of it out it was that bad but i used the red tresemme with keratin in and now some nourishing oils Dove and it made the world of difference. Also found that the cheaper hairsprays made things worse. I use a lot of hairspray though

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
    None of the Joico stuff worked on my hair for some reason. Or any of the expensive things for dry hair come to think of it. I had the worst dry hair ever, had to cut some of it out it was that bad but i used the red tresemme with keratin in and now some nourishing oils Dove and it made the world of difference. Also found that the cheaper hairsprays made things worse. I use a lot of hairspray though
    Thanks, I'm not going to use Jocio stuff. Don't want to spend loads on hair stuff if it might not do much. Thanks for the advice. I used to use hairspray a while ago, but I'm going to try not to use it a lot now.

I took Moonface's advice and got some new hair products since I used up the rest of what I had already. I went for L'Oreal EverStrong since it said "sulfate-free" on the front. Just used it and while the price kinda sucks, it smells and feels just like salon-level shampoo and conditioner. I smell like a salon now Hope this gives me some better results.
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"
    Is it weird that I love piercing crusties...?