Thread: Hair Thread

Have sensibly bleached my hair four times in a period of two weeks. Been using Aussie ColorMate products to look after it; and now using a Touch of Silver to tone it down. All products working great together.

Just working on toning the slight yellowy colour from my hair in places while I wait for various different brands of bright purple/violet hair dye to arrive through my letterbox.

Yayness for online shopping!
    ------
    Current: 6xpinna (2mm L&R/2x1.2mm L 2x1.6mm R), 2xauricle (1.6/2mm R), 3rd lobes (2mm), nostril (2mm R), navel (1.6mm), inv. navel (1.6mm), tongue (1.6mm), eyebrow (1.2mm R), 1st lobes (10mm), tragus (1.2mm L), septum (3.5mm).

Future: Eyebrow (L), 1st lobes (1/2"), scaffold (L), nape, nips, nostril (L), outer conch punch (6/8mm), VCH.

Retired: Navel (1.6mm L/R) 8/1/14&2012, Misplaced 2nd lobe (1.2mm R) 10/3/13, 2nd lobes (1.6mm L&R) 11/9/13.

Tattoos: 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    would like a few answers from naturally curly haired girls or guys please!

how long does your hair need to get before it gets the natural curl? and how easy is it to straighten it?
    i only ask ebcuase i want this style
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=fra...:14,s:18,i:227

and my hair is naturally curly. i dont want to look like a poofy mess though if i cant straighten it proper
    My hair is pretty curly, but I can blow-dry it straight when it is short. If not, you could get some of those mini straighteners. Or try a chemical straightener, (Scott Cornwall do one; Str8 forward) I have never used one because my hair is long (and damaged from all the straightening!) but would be tempted if I had short hair.
    Current piercings:
    Left ear: 7 x lobes, right ear: 2 x lobes, auricle, inner conch. Central labret, left nostril, right nostril x 2

Past piercings:
    Navel, right tragus, 2 x right helix

Future piercings:
    Right ear: Tragus, triple forward helix

Considering:
    VCH, tongue frenulum

Mine is so curly it will curl as soon as it possibly can lol!
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

My hair is naturally wavy/frizzy/curly... but when my hair is short, it's very easy to straighten.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullet View Post
    would like a few answers from naturally curly haired girls or guys please!

how long does your hair need to get before it gets the natural curl? and how easy is it to straighten it?
    i only ask ebcuase i want this style
    http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?q=fra...:14,s:18,i:227

and my hair is naturally curly. i dont want to look like a poofy mess though if i cant straighten it proper
    I've had a cut like this and I had to straighten the shorter part as well (tho it's quite hard to say how long the hair in the pic is, because it's dark but it definitely has some length that allows curling). And my hair is just wavy, not super curly. The thing with naturally curly/wavy hair is that if you want to have a short cut like that, it either has to be super short that the hair won't curl or long enough for it to be straightened (or sometimes blowdrying is enough, but it can be tricky). But then if you don't straighten the short part, it'll look crap. However, straightening won't take long so that kind of hairstyle is manageable. Talk with you hairdresser, they should be able to evaluate it better and look at how it curls.
    After every party I die

Piercings
    Current:
    standard lobes
    Future:
    second lobes, rook, sternum microdermals
    Considerating:
    double nostrils/septum, nipples, daith, helix...
    Tattoos
    Future:sparrows on feet with a quote in English & French and more

I'm planning to dye my hair yellow with red ends soon. Gonna dress up as moltres in september for a club night so I have an excuse. The only thing is it means I have to bleach bath my hair before I go to dorset on tues to try and get the pale green out. Means I'll have horrid hair while working at the steam fair, but it's not like it's not pale faded green with brown green ends and brown roots at the mo anyway... hehe
    25mm Lobe x2, 10mm Helix, 8mm Septum, 8mm Conch, 4mm Conch
    4mm Tragus, 3.2mm Tragus, 2.4mm Scaffold, 2.4mm Lip x5, 2.4mm Vertical Nipple, 2mm Cheeks
    1.6mm Nostrils, Helix, Daith, Bridge, Navel, Rook, Snug

Quote Originally Posted by Carlu View Post
    I'm planning to dye my hair yellow with red ends soon. Gonna dress up as moltres in september for a club night so I have an excuse. The only thing is it means I have to bleach bath my hair before I go to dorset on tues to try and get the pale green out. Means I'll have horrid hair while working at the steam fair, but it's not like it's not pale faded green with brown green ends and brown roots at the mo anyway... hehe
    Moltres sounds like a great idea for a costume! Do you think people will know who you're supposed to be?

My roots are bad and part of my hair is going grey from going in the sea one day on holiday without my swimming cap and from it being exposed in the sun. They sell Directions dyes at a nearby shop so I'm going to bleach my roots then use a Directions red, purple or orange. Then when I get bored, I'll use Directions Ebony. I can't use really unnatural colours because of school.
    Current: 9mm lobes, 5mm left tragus, 5mm left conch, tongue web, nasallang, left rook, left anti-tragus, right tragus, right daith, right snug, right forward helix, bridge, 5mm septum, three-point left helix spiral, double left eyebrow

Planning: ​ Vertical labret re-pierced

Quote Originally Posted by ThatPsycho View Post
    My roots are bad and part of my hair is going grey from going in the sea one day on holiday without my swimming cap and from it being exposed in the sun. They sell Directions dyes at a nearby shop so I'm going to bleach my roots then use a Directions red, purple or orange. Then when I get bored, I'll use Directions Ebony. I can't use really unnatural colours because of school.
    I had purple hair (Directions Violet) when I went to Majorca for a week, a week of sun and swimming pools and it was the most disgusting yellow colour ever! Eww!

Now
    : 11mm lobes. 6mm septum.
    helix. tongue. rook. 5mm conch punches L & R.
    central labret. industrial. double nostrils.
    philtrum. tattoos.

Retired: snakebites. nostril x 2. 2nd & 3rd lobes.
    helix. outer conch. nipple.

Next: tattoos.

Tumblr. Facebook.

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Considering dying my hair my hair a semi permanent brown, but really unsure at the mo'... think I'm just too scared to try bleaching my roots!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!