Thread: Hair Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Addicted View Post
    Two things:

1) Tips on curling with ghd
    and
    2) Silver (almost lavender) colour and how to get it
    For No1 look on youtube there will be loads of tutorials I bet. As for lavender/silver nooo idea other than bleaching the heck out of with it a good bleach and using toner.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Scarred_pierced

Or using silver hair dye, I believe directions do a silver. But toning the hell out of it would def work! Purple shampoo is amazing for getting lavender lol.

Yay, thanks. I saw a girl with the exact colour when I was out last night. I should have asked her, but I am too shy. Lol!
    I'm Amelia
    My piercer

L & R 4mm lobe | L & R 2nd & 3rd lobe | L double helix | L inner conch | L rook | R helix | R forward helix | R tragus (re-pierced) | R outer conch
    L nostril | Septum | Madonna | L (Devil) & R (Angel) nipple | Nape dermal x2 (vertical) | Cleavage dermal | Navel (re-pierced #2) | VCH

Failed: Navel (rejected x2) | R tragus (migrated) | L collar bone dermal (rejected)
    Wish list: R double inner conch | Tongue

Facebook

Scarred_pierced

I'm trying to think of bright colour combos for my bloodstock dreads., also not sure what colour I should have my actual hair or if I should leave it blonde. The pink has mostly faded now. Was thinking about putting the pink in again with little green bits as I love pink and green together. Hmmmm.

Also, making wool dreads hurts!
    And nat looks even yummier with dreads! <3

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

I'm sorry Jordan
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Scarred_pierced

Lol don't be sorry, I have no idea why it is hurting me this time, they've taken a big chunk out of my hand and I've only made 12 lol I'm going to buy some washing up gloves tomorrow so hopefully that'll solve the problem.
    I really like the colour choices, they look really good together so far, I've tried to make them longer this time as well as I prefer wool dreads long.

Two things:

1) Tips on curling with ghd
    and
    2) Silver (almost lavender) colour and how to get it
    I tend to wrap my hair around as if it was a curling tongue and then have the actual straighteners clamped down but not so hard that you can pull the hair down if that makes sense? That's how I do mine.

And for silver/lavender your going to need to bleach it to pretty much white, tone it.L'Oreal Luocolour P02 is a good toner I've heard but you do need to mix it with 20%vol so I'd only do that if your hair could take it after a bleaching.I'm gonna give the luocolour a go this week because my roots are still yellowy whilst the rest of my hair is white/silver

Also I'm finding the 2.50 silver shampoo I got my from my chemist better than the one I paid a tenner for from the wholesalers!The one I use now is by Pro-Voke
    Last edited by IamMooMoo; 07-03-2011 at 11:44 PM.
    Bonjour I'm Kym(oomoo)

Piercings

|Lobes 14mm||Left Conch||Snakebites|Monroe||Left Eyebrow Diver|
    |Philturm
    ||Septum 1.6mm||4mm right lobe|

Ink

|14 all together||Lower right arm becoming half sleeve|

http://www.lariche.co.uk/directions-hair-colour/

Thoughts on La riche's silver?
    I'm Amelia
    My piercer

L & R 4mm lobe | L & R 2nd & 3rd lobe | L double helix | L inner conch | L rook | R helix | R forward helix | R tragus (re-pierced) | R outer conch
    L nostril | Septum | Madonna | L (Devil) & R (Angel) nipple | Nape dermal x2 (vertical) | Cleavage dermal | Navel (re-pierced #2) | VCH

Failed: Navel (rejected x2) | R tragus (migrated) | L collar bone dermal (rejected)
    Wish list: R double inner conch | Tongue

Facebook

I've used it a few times (somtimes mixed with a hint of lilac but that didn't really work), but it doesn't last very long. A few washes max. For me it didn't turn out very silvery, but I only kept it on for 10-15 minutes and I didn't even aim for actually silver hair, I just wanted to tone the yellowness.
    After every party I die

Piercings
    Current:
    standard lobes
    Future:
    second lobes, rook, sternum microdermals
    Considerating:
    double nostrils/septum, nipples, daith, helix...
    Tattoos
    Future:sparrows on feet with a quote in English & French and more

Two GREAT hair finds:

Amazing African hair shop in Seven Sisters selling Aphogee stuff dirt cheap. Got the 2 Minute Keratin Reconstructor Conditioner for 3.50. It's immense. My hair is fried, but after just one use, this stuff has softened it up a lot.

L'oreal Hi-Richesse: Posted here a couple of weeks back about a friend's box dye disaster. We eventually got some Hi-Richesse in Caramel and a mahoosive bottle of the developer for under 15. The developer will last for ages, and the colour tubes are only a fiver, and intermixable. Smells like apricots, can lift up to one and a half levels, and gives a lovely shine. If I go back to more natural colours, I'll definitely use this stuff.
    twitter/ bookfail I'm Katie.