Thread: Hair Thread

Senior Member Microdermal Melissa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bigredfish View Post
    It takes balls to shave your head... The amount of verbal abuse I've gotten has doubled since I went down to a grade 2. I've mostly been wearing a hat :p

It sure does ... On first glance I am a very girly girl, but I have shaved over half one side of my head.... so from face to nape from ear, almost to parting... my own little idea, I am a hairdresser so I think it suits me and my look .....

but I get some stares on the street sometimes over it ... I can only imagine what having a fully shaved head entails
    I have:
    1lobe at 5mm & 3standard lobes -- 1 Tragus--- medusa --tongue -- tongue web---
    nipple--- navel--- vch --- fourchette - vertical labret

I used to also have:
    nape surface bar, 4microdermals, 2 lobes and hand web, madison

Tattoos
    Arabic on side rib cage
    Irish script top to bottom my spine
    Irish writing both feet
    Genital Tattoo ...

I've got a haircut on Thursday. I really want something a bit diffrent but I'm not too sure what yet. I don't desperately want to lose too much length either which is making it tricky. May just get my fringe hacked off or something. Hmm.
    Sarah

Quote Originally Posted by bigredfish View Post
    I find ProfessionalOnly to be the best store for silly coloured wigs and manga-style wigs on Ebay. That's where all of mine come from

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Professional-Only
    how real looking are these wigs.. im looking for a brown one so that when i feel like looking 'normal' i dont have to keep dyeing my hair also a wig will help with a job
    i like this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PW63-Long-31-D...item5d2ae5bb9a
    also witha wig (ive never owned one) do thhy come off easy ... thanks for any help
    piercings: 21
    retired: 9
    tattoos: 3
    future: who knows =D

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Microdermal Melissa View Post
    It sure does ... On first glance I am a very girly girl, but I have shaved over half one side of my head.... so from face to nape from ear, almost to parting... my own little idea, I am a hairdresser so I think it suits me and my look .....

but I get some stares on the street sometimes over it ... I can only imagine what having a fully shaved head entails
    Do you have a picture of your hair? I'd love to see it!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhianna1 View Post
    how real looking are these wigs.. im looking for a brown one so that when i feel like looking 'normal' i dont have to keep dyeing my hair also a wig will help with a job
    i like this one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/PW63-Long-31-D...item5d2ae5bb9a
    also witha wig (ive never owned one) do thhy come off easy ... thanks for any help
    that looks good, kanekalon is what you want for a synth wig
    however, personally, i think because that one is so long, it might look a bit unnatural.

urm, im guessing you mean can they get pulled off, blown off etc with that last question.
    no, they have little combs on the inside wich hold it in place, and you can put bobby pins and whatnot to keep it on

im not an expert, so i guess bigredfish could probably help you more

Pierced
    |Bridge|Septum|Monroe|Tounge|
    |Smiley|Inverse Navel|Left Lobe|
    |Left And Right Lobes 16mm|

ok thanks i agree its too long for me uunfortunately but i want something with some kind of fringe or style ;/
    maybe thiis anyone? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-Short-BOBO...item27b4a027f4
    or http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Party-Short-St...item3f02056c70
    Last edited by Rhianna1; 09-12-2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: link
    piercings: 21
    retired: 9
    tattoos: 3
    future: who knows =D

Scarred_pierced

Quote Originally Posted by Chumley View Post
    You're head is gonna look good shaved, you won't even need a wig!!
    Jane, from a shavers perspective, tell Jordan to shave her head. Please!
    Uhh, that's not helping! I'm sure Jordan's balls are massive though!
    Quote Originally Posted by DavyBobMacca View Post
    They are! I've seen them
    LOL! I go to london for the weekend, happen to log on and see this!!!!! Well.....I'm glad everyone knows about my big balls lol.
    Oooh Jane I've been looking at those wigs, but it makes me far too tempted to get a green one, which defeats the object lol. I'll post the one I'm planning on getting when I get home in like 3 hours!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rhianna1 View Post

This is one of their wigs. If you look closely, they don't look real... but everyone seems to think it's my own hair.

I'm not sure how well it would stand up to everyday wear though. I had to wash my white one (just warm water with a tiny drop of shampoo in it, drip dry) after getting some pollen in it, and it went a little frizzy.

They don't come off very easily, unless you have an exceptionally small head. They have an elasticated band underneath which hooks together, one size fits all. You could probably shorten it slightly or pin it if you're having issues.

Scarred_pierced

Ah that's one of my fears, the wig not fitting and falling off :S not sure if my head is exceptionally small but it is small.

This is the wig I'm planning on getting:
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-beautiful-...item61ca631f6e

Although I'm not sure yet!

IMO, the longer they are the less real they look. The synthetic hair tangles really easily at that length! I wore a long wig out a few months ago, and it's only really fit for the bin now. :/