Thread: The Useless Piercing Posts:

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Know the feeling, I've had to shell out around 500 over the past few weeks with visits, meds, surgery, recovery and now a cat sitter (21 visits) for when we go on holiday as I needed someone who can check on her and give her eye drops as well. Good thing I earned well last month!!

Before someone mentions insurance she has had issues with the same eye since birth so wouldn't be covered.

Luckily we can afford it but we're very very lucky in our town to have an Animal Trust center! They are wonderful for people who can't afford normal vets fees or who are facing high fees.

Hope you get to reschedule your VCH soon Sam <3

I can't remember the last time I was pierced....might have to change that later this year.
    We know how you feel. Hope your cat is much better now Boo. That is good you have organised a cat sitter when you go on holiday. Our dog is too old to insure so we put money away each week etc... You are really lucky to have an Animal Trust centre. That is good they do this and realise Vets are expensive. Our dog has got high blood pressure and the medication price is giving us high blood pressure lol...

Oh, Boo - if you get your forward helix's pierced soon please let me know how you get on. I am waiting for you to have them done first.
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook, Lower Conch and Double Tragus.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing.

Retired - Right Eyebrow's x2.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Would like a Forward Helix or two or maybe three!

Quote Originally Posted by MxSherwood89 View Post
    Thanks everyone Bunny is doing much better (Mum-in-Law kept an eye on her and gave her meds for us <3) and we had the absolute best time in Manchester.

Actually can't remember my last piercings either, may have been my second nostril and nipple and that was a good few years ago! We were on a pretty tight schedule yesterday/this morning so I'm not sure I'd have actually had the time anyway. There'll be more opportunities, I'm sure
    Glad your Bunny is doing much better now MxSherwood89. Glad your Mum-in-law was keeping an eye on her. Hope you get your piercing soon.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, "Paw" print piercing on the flat of my ear, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and Eyebrow. "Shen Men" piercing.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    We know how you feel. Hope your cat is much better now Boo. That is good you have organised a cat sitter when you go on holiday. Our dog is too old to insure so we put money away each week etc... You are really lucky to have an Animal Trust centre. That is good they do this and realise Vets are expensive. Our dog has got high blood pressure and the medication price is giving us high blood pressure lol...

Oh, Boo - if you get your forward helix's pierced soon please let me know how you get on. I am waiting for you to have them done first.
    Thanks love, she's doing even better since her last check up, she has another one on Friday. Thankfully they don't charge us for these quick check ups which is awesome haha!

I'll deffo keep you informed if I get the forwards done. Might be later on in the year but I'll certainly post about them here
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Boo View Post
    Thanks love, she's doing even better since her last check up, she has another one on Friday. Thankfully they don't charge us for these quick check ups which is awesome haha!

I'll deffo keep you informed if I get the forwards done. Might be later on in the year but I'll certainly post about them here
    No problem. Glad your Cat is much better now Boo. Hope your check up goes well today. That is good you don't get charged for quick check up's. Yes, please let us know if you get your forwards done.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Gutted - I've lost one of my rook piercings. It is no longer a double.

One of the new bars fell out and as it's so tucked away I didn't notice and I'm really good at not fiddling with them. It ws lost long enough for the piercing to close completely. They've been there years too :(

I can't find the jewellery either - could be anywhere. That's goodbye to well over 100.

Still undecided about whether to have it re-pierced. I'm quite enjoying a respite from grumpy piercings and I'm not sure I can face another 12 months or so of a temperamental piercing healing.
    Caro

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsoup View Post

One of the new bars fell out and as it's so tucked away I didn't notice and I'm really good at not fiddling with them. It ws lost long enough for the piercing to close completely. They've been there years too :(

I can't find the jewellery either - could be anywhere. That's goodbye to well over 100.

Still undecided about whether to have it re-pierced. I'm quite enjoying a respite from grumpy piercings and I'm not sure I can face another 12 months or so of a temperamental piercing healing.
    Oh! Sorry to hear this Dragonsoup. I don't blame you not fiddling with them - I am the same. Sorry, to hear that you cannot find the jewellery that cost you a lot of money. I got annoyed at retiring my eyebrow and that was only around 11.00! So, I could imagine how upset you are. Perhaps you "could" have another piercing elsewhere instead if you didn't want to face 12 months or so with a temperamental piercing.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 06-28-2019 at 03:29 PM.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonsoup View Post
    Oh no!! Dragonsoup....that really is gutting! for your loss.
    Rgdz
    Rich

Piercings:
    Left Ear: 0g (8mm) & 2g (6mm) tunnels in lobe
    Right Ear: 10g (2.4mm) BCR in helix cartilage
    Left Nipple: 6g (4mm) Chunk BCR horizontal
    Right Nipple: 10g (2.4mm) barbell vertical
    Navel: 10g (2.4mm) BCR
    PA: 2g (6mm) BCR
    Lorum: 8g (3.2mm) BCR
    Hafada: 2x 8g (3.2mm) BCR

Tattoos:
    Left Arm: Tiki Island and Marine Life Sleeve
    Right Arm: Cosmic Space Sleeve
    Right Lower Leg: Aztec inspired 'Quetzalcoatl' Feathered Serpent

Went to pick my nose (!) and suddenly remembered I had my septum piercing there, had completely forgotten about it. It hasn’t seen the light of day for many weeks/months. Quite liked that!

Took the opportunity to flip it down and make sure the balls were tight. They were, that piercing isn’t going anywhere soon.
    Piercings: navel, septum, tongue web, PA
    Retired piercings: nipples

Do cartilage piercings ever not cause bother? Recently woke up with a sore ear I must have slept on my double helix and the dreaded bump came back overnight it was sore for about a week. Finally went away and I thought surely that’s it now two years old it shouldn’t be causing bother?! Nope must have caught it in my sleep again and it’s sore and the bump has reappeared overnight.
    Strange thing is the actual piercing seems healed otherwise. Just these flare ups. And it’s always the top helix the one just underneath has never been any bother.

Quote Originally Posted by FudgeTort View Post
    Do cartilage piercings ever not cause bother? Recently woke up with a sore ear I must have slept on my double helix and the dreaded bump came back overnight it was sore for about a week. Finally went away and I thought surely that’s it now two years old it shouldn’t be causing bother?! Nope must have caught it in my sleep again and it’s sore and the bump has reappeared overnight.
    Strange thing is the actual piercing seems healed otherwise. Just these flare ups. And it’s always the top helix the one just underneath has never been any bother.
    2 years is just about healed for some people. They can regularly take 12-18 months to heal. Irritation like sleeping on it or catching it can set this back.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x6, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 91 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<