Thread: The Useless Piercing Posts:

Yeah I had that before with my 3 and 4 mm pieces. I haven't measured them yet but there was definetly a difference in that. I have a 3 mm amethyst and tiger eye piece but the tiger eye is definetly a but bigger than the amethyst. Not a lot but a noticeable difference when I switched from amethyst to tiger eye. The 4 mm tiger eye was also slightly larger than the 4 mm taper.
    Hey I'm Patrick. Or call me Chris, both are fine.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Tattoos: Really lost the count by now..
    Want:
    Tattoos; Two half sleeves and a huge back piece and chest piece.
    Piercings; Left industrial. Eyebrow

Sorry for the double post..

I had some more money to spent this month (it's a miracle) so I went to my piercer and bought a 2,5 mm horseshoe bar for my septum. It went in without a problem although my nose is a little bit tender at the moment.
    I just hope that the other stretches will be as easy as this one was.
    Current piercings: ~ Septum 5 mm ~ Philtrum 7 mm ~ Snakebites 1,6 mm ~ Tongue 14g x 6, 2 mm x 2, 4 mm x 1
    ~ Snake eyes 14g x 2 ~ Smiley 16g ~ Frowny 16g ~ Industrial (1xL + 2xR) 14g ~ 8 mm conch punch ~ Helix R 14g

Want:

i am planning to stretch my labret to 4mm and i was wondering if you can wear double flare plugs in it?

Personally I'm wearing single flared plugs in them at the moment. I haven't heard about people wearing double flared plugs in them but I guess you could if you can get on in and your lip holds it in. I can see them falling out easily. Especially under pressure. Might need to just try it out.

Want:

ok when i get to 4mm i'll see if the double flare plug would be. The thing is i dont like the look of having an o ringn on the outside. I just want to have a nice flat circle. do you have any suggestions on different kinds of plugs? also with your single flare plug does it just sit there or is is held by an o ring on the back?

Depending on where your labret is you might be able to get away with wearing just the plug without an o ring. For my philtrum I do have to wear an o ring otherwise i risk it falling out. I also wear o rings on my snakebites just to be sure and got used to the look of them. I have the o rings on the outside. I did try it the other way around which also was okay but I can't gaurantee it will hold.
    for the plugs I have only tried simple single flared plugs so I don't have any suggestions.

Most of the time the plugs will stay in on their own though. At least mine will. However with certain things the have a tendency to move. For example while kissing xD

Want:

Not happy - it looks like I'm now sensitive to my plastic retainer! My 10 year old, very well healed and normally entirely trouble free nostril piercing has swelled so much I can't get any of my studs in - whatever shape they are. I was of course away from home and didn't have any suitable jewellery with me and it was of course the middle of the night when I decided I absolutely had to take it out. I had nothing to put in it other than a costume jewellery earring - that has kept it open but that's all I can say about it!

Now back home I've just sacrificed a sterling silver lobe stud by bending it into an extra long L shaped stud which I have finally managed to get in to my sore and throbbing nose as a temporary measure until I can get something more suitable.

I have to find an urgent alternative I guess for when I need to hide the piercing. I don't want to leave it empty for 8 hours or so just in case it starts to close over and I'm not using that retainer again!
    Caro

After much thought and debate, yesterday I finally got my daith pierced. While I was at it I had my lobes redone, I had a bad experience as a teen with them (they were pierced with the dreaded gun and went very septic and manky). So I'm now the proud owner of three piercings from none. Probably crazy, but as I finally had the courage to go in I decided to just do all three.

All are doing pretty well, they've had two SSS and no pain or soreness so far. However, when I had breakfast this morning I could hear my daith making a clicking sound as I was eating. Is that normal?

I went to get my left daith pierced yesterday but there wasn't room as it would interfere with my forward helix. So i had a tragus done instead. I'll get my daith done in my right ear when my left has healed.
    My tragus is a bit throbby but otherwise ok. I had a forward helix done last Saturday, (to make it a double) which is also fine.
    Got: A forward helix and tragus in left ear, triple lobe in both ears, daith in right ear, right nostril and septum.
    Retired: Left nostril and forward helix
    Coming soon: Outer and inner conch.

Default Nipple piercing ache this morning. .....must be winter!

My nips started to ache from the cold this morning as I walked to work......Winter has arrived and need more layers!!

Glad to be in a nice warm office now 😅
    Piercings:
    Nose, navel, both nipples horizontally, Princess Diana, septum, tongue

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder, garter tatt on left thigh