Thread: The Useless Piercing Posts:

Have you kept them well oiled? Wood is very "grabby" and a few people have issues. Most soak their wood in oil.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Magnificent Moderator Kaitey (:'s Avatar

Yeah nicely coconut oiled, same as my actual lobes :S was very odd!
    I'm Katie, one of the mods on here.
    Please read the forum rules!

how odd! It's why I've avoided wood.. some really pretty stuff out there but eh.. effort haha.
    32mm lobe (down from 50mm) : 10mm lobe : 8mm conch punch : 1.2mm Philtrum (down from 2mm) : 12mm oval labret (down from 18mm) : tongue split : scarification x2 : lots of ink :

Nostrils are 2 months old today - If the lovely bump would kindly disappear from the inside of my left nostril that would be great! Can't wait to change the screws, my bioplast labrets are screaming at me!
    I'm Sam Come & say hi!
    Twitter Facebook

Nipple Cross. Tongue. Conch. Nostrils. 10mm Lobes. Nipple.

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    how odd! It's why I've avoided wood.. some really pretty stuff out there but eh.. effort haha.
    I know! I'll try them again another day, maybe I just scratched my lobe a little or something?

Ah I know how you feel Sam, neometal labrets for my nostrils has been one of my best jewellery decisions to date!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    I popped my gorgeous wood hangies in today and one was hunky-dory and the other was hot and beginning to swell within about 5 minutes! I really hope this was a fluke because I really love them!

(Is it common for people to be sensitive to wood?)
    Can depend on the wood. I've worn Blonde Katalox, which is a perfectly fine wood to use for body jewellery, and reacted to it (redness, swelling, tender lobe for about three days after wearing it for less than 24hrs). The flares on plugs can also contribute, cos it's a 'grabby' material. If you're really concerned though might be worth resorting to wearing them through earskins? However, i'd deffo try them again, just in case it was a one-off
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

I'm not actually sure what wood they are tbh, but if it happens again I'll find out and know just to wear it through earskins in the future

I only mention it because obv some woods are toxic and shouldn't be used to make jewellery, but sadly still are. They tend to be few and far between though .
    Current: Double nostrils, philtrum, nipple. Various cartilage, 9/16'' lobes.
    Retired: Nipple, navel x4, wrist, nape, MD, tongue web x2, lower lip piercings x4, nostril, helix, lobe piercings, septum, cheek piercings.
    4 tattoos.

What is my life for and what am I going to do with it? I don't know and I'm afraid. I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by lauren1987 View Post
    Left lobe has become an arse in the past few days - slightly swollen and puffy for no reason. All i can do is sleep plugless, I sadly can't go plugless in work. Hope it gets better soon.
    Now this one is fine, but the right lobe is acting up in the same way. Wtf?

rook
    conch
    daith
    lobes

Retired snug

Tumblr

My 2 auricle piercings are still healing. My fossa had healed beautifully, my conch piercing not so much. It'll get irritated and swollen every now and then but at the moment it's good.
    Current:
    right ear- 4 lobes, auricle, fossa
    left ear- 3 lobes, conch, orbital helix
    philtrum, double high nostril, ankle surfaces x2, wrist surfacr.

Retired:
    wrist surface,
    arm surface, navel, double inverse navel, horizontal navel surface, 2 labrets, snakebites, antitragus, 2 nies, 4 ankle surface

Want:

double tragus, 10 gauge helix, r
    ook- anti tragus industrial