Thread: The Useless Piercing Posts:

I've had the other side of my nose pierced for about 3 weeks now and have just started to have problems with it. It was oozing the other day and then I noticed there's a slight bump which is probably what is making the screw sit funny. :/
    Current
    Ears: Left forward and standard helix, left tragus, left daith. Right rook, right double inner conch. 1g and 14g lobes.
    Face: Right nostril, septum, vertical labret.
    Other: Tongue, standard and inverse navel, left and right nipple.

I went to another piercer today called "off ya tree" here in Melbourne so they could re close my captive bead ring on my Daith. I was moving it too much reapplying the paper tape & i didn't want to wait another 24 hours. The guy was great & he put in just a plain steel ball as my anatometal gemmed end one had very small groves. I hadn't noticed it before but I did compare it to my original jewellery that was replaced. Anyway I will take it back when I see my piercer on the 19th & see what they say. The piercing is feeling much better now & I do too knowing that this one should stay in. Also I have noticed that I have green staining around the edge of glass gem too. I don't know how to stop this from happening.
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8

Quote Originally Posted by Bimbielf View Post
    I went to another piercer today called "off ya tree" here in Melbourne so they could re close my captive bead ring on my Daith. I was moving it too much reapplying the paper tape & i didn't want to wait another 24 hours. The guy was great & he put in just a plain steel ball as my anatometal gemmed end one had very small groves. I hadn't noticed it before but I did compare it to my original jewellery that was replaced. Anyway I will take it back when I see my piercer on the 19th & see what they say. The piercing is feeling much better now & I do too knowing that this one should stay in. Also I have noticed that I have green staining around the edge of glass gem too. I don't know how to stop this from happening.
    I'm glad he got something in there for you in the meantime. I had my lip pierced at that place when I was passing through Melbourne a few years ago. It turned out okay but I was not impressed with the piercer. It took him forever to get the ball on and dropped it so many times. He just didn't instil me with confidence. Was the green staining on the original piece?? I've definitely got that on all economy gemmed jewellery I've worn in the past.
    Piercings: 9/16" & 6g lobes | 8g septum | some others
    Other: 1 cutting | some tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by Dungeoneer View Post
    Woop! I want venoms but its such an arse with my already stretched tongue, I'd have to buy a special bar just for the week of swelling the venoms would create. :(
    I had to do that, and it was a lot longer than a week before I could put a normal length bar in :/ I had a rotten time with my venoms. They still play up now and again and they're over a year old now.
    I came *this close* to retiring them today but I put them back in :| it's actually my central that's playing up atm more then the venoms. Adjusting to the new bigger dome top. My tongue's a wee bitty swollen as well.
    what's a few seconds of pain for a lifetime of shiny?

Both lobes 1/2", 5mm, 1.6mm
    Left rook & 5mm helix punch
    Right helix x2 & forward helix
    VCH, 5mm tongue

Quote Originally Posted by soph_17 View Post
    Aw looking forward to that for you Gina! Please do an experiences diary (whichever one/s you go for) .

if i can have internet access, money will be tight but ive saved this money for the venoms especially. hopefully they have internet already, then i wont need to sell my laptop.
    did get them done before out of respect. i know my parents dont like tongue piercings, and i respect that whilst im under their roof i wont do anything they really hate.
    exited!

3 x helix (1.6mm, 8mm), rook, snug, 2 x tragus (1.2mm, 4mm), 2 x daith, anti tragus, 2 x 16mm lobes, 6mm conch punch, 8mm helix punch

double nostrils, philtrum, double septum (2mm, 10mm)

3.2mm + 2.4mm navel, 2 x horizontal nipple, R vertical 2.4mm nipple, 2 x inner labia

want:6mm tragus

I'm starting to see how freaking annoying APP-certified piercers can be--at least, that's my theory as to why they're so finnicky about stuff they're willing to do...

First, they won't let me bring in outside jewelry (even of approved materials) because theirs is severely overpriced. Then today, they say they won't put my bioplast labret in my conch because "plastics aren't proven to be safe for implantation in piercings" and "tend to cause more problems than they help"... I beg to differ. :s I have NEVER heard of anyone being allergic to or irritated by bioplast. Of course he said I could buy a metal curved barbell from them, but given how overpriced their stuff tends to be, that's not happening. I don't really like any of the other shops around here so I guess I'll have to wait til I'm home for the weekend to have it done at a shop 3 hours away. *sigh*

I want this piercing to get back on track for healing and this is my last resort before retiring the stupid thing. I like Born This Way for (generally) being really knowledgeable and having great piercing/tattooing practices, but some of the stuff they say just makes no sense to me... like telling me I have to blow-dry my lobe piercings after every shower. I guess I'll just have to make a note to only go to them for actual piercing...
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"
    Is it weird that I love piercing crusties...?

Yeah snef, the blow drying thing sounded a bit weird to me O_o Out of curiosity is there anything stopping you from changing it yourself? A conch doesn't strike me as an overly difficult piercing to change, but then again I don't have one so can't speak from experience ^^

My piercer hates bioplast too, but he will put it in my healed piercings if I ask him too.
    He also doesn't get the hype over internally threaded jewellery,.. Which I don't actually understand ;o
    Last edited by ~Nox~; 01-28-2013 at 10:04 PM.
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

Yeah, there are a few things. First of all, I'm not comfortable getting the CBR opened--I have no idea how it works, tbh. Even if I'm able to figure it out I'm worried it will only be by tugging on and irritating the hell out of the piercing. Second, I'm really paranoid about the hole closing before I can get anything in. I mean, I can't see the back of my ear so it would take some feeling around, and with the way the hole is shaped and how it is still perpetually crusty, I worry that one or both of those things is going to make it hard or impossible for me to get the thing in. Or that as I put the bar in, it'll shove a bunch of crusties inside the hole. So I'd really feel more comfortable with someone else doing it >.<
    Have: 2g lobes (11/11/12); L 16g conch (07/27/12); 14g VCH (09/01/12) | Next: stretch ALL the things! (lobes: 1g; VCH: 12g)
    Also Want: 8g septum, outer labia, nipples; too many tattoo ideas for my own good; goal size for lobes = 1/2" - 5/8"
    Is it weird that I love piercing crusties...?

Ahh alright, I somehow forgot you had a CBR in it. I wouldn't be able to change that myself either! Such a shame to hear it's still all crusty :(
    I've been having some problems changing my nostril labret, so will be investing in an insertion pin I think. Might be worth trying that for your conch when it's settled and you wanna put bioplast in it?
    Figured I'l save the money I'd spend travelling to my piercer just after 1 use, so worth trying it ^^
    Hai, I'm Nox!!

Current; L&R Firsts @ 1.6mm, L&R Seconds @ 1.2mm L&R Low Auricles, R Tragus, R Nostril, L Rook
    Researching & Planning; R Daith, R Faux Rook, L Nostril, L Inner Conch,
    L Side Labret, L&R 5mm firsts
    Retired; Central Labret, 4 Standard Lobes, Naval, 4mm Seconds

I went into the Elizabeth st store & it was ok. They had cleaned out their piercing room so I sat in the area where they do tattoos. I think I would go back if something like this happened again & i couldn't get to my piercer. I will hear back from Piercing Urge today & it will be good to get her "take " on it. I am assuming that Anatometal CBR are just like this with the narrow groove on the gem. Certainly since I have had the change in quality of jewellery my piercings have responded well! The green staining is around the edge of the gem & its only less then 2 weeks old. My last jewel was lime green & I can't see any stain at all. This gem was expensive so I will ask about it when I go in to see them on the 19th. Maybe its juts something that happens when you use saline & it also reacts with the ph of your skin?

Quote Originally Posted by DehTripper View Post
    I'm glad he got something in there for you in the meantime. I had my lip pierced at that place when I was passing through Melbourne a few years ago. It turned out okay but I was not impressed with the piercer. It took him forever to get the ball on and dropped it so many times. He just didn't instil me with confidence. Was the green staining on the original piece?? I've definitely got that on all economy gemmed jewellery I've worn in the past.
    Jo

Will the day be bright or cloudy?
    Sweetly has its dawn begun
    But the heaven may shake with thunder
    Ere the setting of the sun
    Emily Bronte 1836

I have: First lobes, single Right nostril, left tragus, naval, left Conch and new Right 14 gauge conch
    Retired 2nd lobes, daith, rook and helix8