Thread: The Useless Piercing Posts:

Quote Originally Posted by wallflower View Post
    If you have your nose pierced, the septum is NOTHING!
    Ahhh I wish I could agree with you! haha just had it done about two hours ago, my normal nostril was quite painful and pinchy but bearable... septum however, was excruciating. I consider myself to have quite a high pain tolerance and I was expecting it to be bad haha but not THAT bad! Apparently I have a 'very cartilage-y nose'... SO glad it's done though, my piercer was amazing and did it very quickly, let me sit there with a the needle in my nose for a minute (my ears popped, don't know if that's normal? haha) so I could calm down for a sec, jewellery in and that was it (: Although I did bleed a lot, then again I bled loads when I got my standard lobes pierced :3

I want to keep it flipped up the whole time it's healing so I didn't want a circular barbell right away, and they didn't have any retainers/keepers (the U shaped jewellery) but they did have curved barbells in and she said that was my best bet, so I went with it and it's completely hidden, and it feels very comfortable (actually I can't feel it there at all!) so it feels like a good choice right now.
    I'm not sure what the consensus is for curved barbells used for healing, any opinions? I wasn't sure but didn't have time to log on here and ask ;p
    Last edited by timeforheroes; 05-29-2012 at 09:52 PM.

hey, stay young, and invincible, because we know just who we are

Yep, nostril = way worse than septum.

I just took my surface nape out, it was unhappy and improperly done... it was going to reject. Gonna get dermals there next time... Meh, fed up of surface piercings.

Very cartilage-y nose? Am i wrong in thinking that the sweet spot wasnt cartilage then? :s

Everyone at work keeps commenting on my nape recently. They all seem to think i have 2 screws nailed in my neck.

Have i gone mad? Im afraid so. You're entirely bonkers. But i'll tell you a secret. All the best people are.

Funny how piercing pain varies very much from person to person. Neither of my nostrils were noteworthily painful in the slightest. Not that my septum hurt either per se but I definitely had instant involuntary eye watering.
    Piercings: 9/16" & 6g lobes | 8g septum | some others
    Other: 1 cutting | some tattoos

Might lose my navel piercing due to needing abdominal x-rays soon, so I did a bad thing and changed it today even though it's not fully healed. I have a really pretty Anatometal bar with a purple gem that's just been dying to go in there, though, and I wanted to be able to wear it at least for a little while. I never even really cared about the piercing before but now that I have nice jewelry in it I like it way more! I hope it doesn't close up when I have to take it out. If it does I'll be getting it redone with a nice sparkly bar!
    I'm Lindsay.
    Piercings:
    Ears: Right conch, left conch, left double helix, 1/2" lobes.
    Other: Both nostrils, septum, VCH, navel
    RIP: Left eyebrow, right double tragus
    7 tattoos!

Thanks i will upload a photo.

Quote Originally Posted by timeforheroes View Post
    Ahhh I wish I could agree with you! haha just had it done about two hours ago, my normal nostril was quite painful and pinchy but bearable... septum however, was excruciating. I consider myself to have quite a high pain tolerance and I was expecting it to be bad haha but not THAT bad! Apparently I have a 'very cartilage-y nose'... SO glad it's done though, my piercer was amazing and did it very quickly, let me sit there with a the needle in my nose for a minute (my ears popped, don't know if that's normal? haha) so I could calm down for a sec, jewellery in and that was it (: Although I did bleed a lot, then again I bled loads when I got my standard lobes pierced :3

I want to keep it flipped up the whole time it's healing so I didn't want a circular barbell right away, and they didn't have any retainers/keepers (the U shaped jewellery) but they did have curved barbells in and she said that was my best bet, so I went with it and it's completely hidden, and it feels very comfortable (actually I can't feel it there at all!) so it feels like a good choice right now.
    I'm not sure what the consensus is for curved barbells used for healing, any opinions? I wasn't sure but didn't have time to log on here and ask ;p
    First congrats on getting your septum done, you wont regret it . However imo a curved barbell is not really suitable for this piercing whilst its healing, too much movevment & chance of catching it, you would have been better to go for the circular barbell. A circular barbell can be widened by your piercer enabling it to be easily flipped up & remain there during healing. Thats what I asked for when I first got mine pierced, it's easy to keep clean,look after & will happily sit there during the healing process.
    Current 2 x standard lobes - tragus (right ear) - horizontal nipples (barbells) - septum - right nostril- daith

Tattoos - 2 Japanese sleeves - Japanese chestpiece - full lower leg pieces Japanese - Day of the Dead Geisha on right thigh - Japanese tiger on left thigh

Quote Originally Posted by Coraz0ndeOro View Post
    Might lose my navel piercing due to needing abdominal x-rays soon, so I did a bad thing and changed it today even though it's not fully healed. I have a really pretty Anatometal bar with a purple gem that's just been dying to go in there, though, and I wanted to be able to wear it at least for a little while. I never even really cared about the piercing before but now that I have nice jewelry in it I like it way more! I hope it doesn't close up when I have to take it out. If it does I'll be getting it redone with a nice sparkly bar!
    I don't think you need to lose your naval piercing, my daughter recently went for an x-ray & they insisted that her naval piercing be removed so she got a Bioplast curved retainer & that solved the problem. You can get one from tajarts.co.uk in the keepers & retainers section.
    Last edited by undertaker; 05-31-2012 at 03:37 PM.
    Current 2 x standard lobes - tragus (right ear) - horizontal nipples (barbells) - septum - right nostril- daith

Tattoos - 2 Japanese sleeves - Japanese chestpiece - full lower leg pieces Japanese - Day of the Dead Geisha on right thigh - Japanese tiger on left thigh

My rook is so sore and swollen and painful today :( Its making my whole ear hurt. All because I couldnt leave it alone earlier and started playing with the bar in it. Whyyyyyyyy do I always do that??
    Now:
    left ear: lobes x2, tragus, helix, rook
    right ear: lobes x2, upper helix kinda thing
    left nostril, navel, septummmm!

Later:
    right forward helix or tragus, conch, maybe another lobe
    another helix on left ear
    tongue

Tattoos:

heart on my right foot <3

Quote Originally Posted by spudkissed View Post
    My rook is so sore and swollen and painful today :( Its making my whole ear hurt. All because I couldnt leave it alone earlier and started playing with the bar in it. Whyyyyyyyy do I always do that??
    Wear some mittens......lol.....