Thread: The Useless Piercing Posts:

Quote Originally Posted by Scarred_pierced View Post
    Do you have any pics from when you had them?
    So i can safely assume its going to be the same as getting snakebites? No pain, by the time you feel the pinch its done? The reason i want one done at a time is so i can see if i like it/it suits me, then i dont end up spending a stupid amount of money for something i dont like, only being able to say i had cheek piercings for a week, im a student now, must be responsible with money lol. I read another thread 'dimple piercings' :|, alot of people were talking about muscle erosion, something i should be worried about? Or is that purely just meaning the dimples?

The muscle issue is the dimples yes, they can be very bad, or they might not happen at all. Most people end up with some scarring. Later on ill find a pic of when i had them, i dont have many pics tbh but ill see.

Personally if holding/gluing some balls to your face doesnt convince you that you will like them then getting one side done imo is a mistake because say the result is, you dont like it, and remove it(you wont really be able to tell until its downsized etc) you might be left with a dimple on one side. Basically I'd say either get both or get neither really. Sounds a bit patronising I know, but Im sure you would prefer to be left with symetrical dimples than one side if you didnt like them?

Quote Originally Posted by Steph>>Manchestarrr View Post
    Has anyone had a smiley piercing at Holier Than Thou?
    I havent but there are some pics in their portfolio of ones they have done.
    Pierced, Punched, Stretched and Scarified

Scarred_pierced

Im not too bothered about symmetry tbh, i dont think there would be anything wrong with a dimple on one side and not the other, alot of people naturally only have one dimple.
    I may try that, putting balls to my face, they are normally pierced at 1.6mm arent they?

Im not too bothered about symmetry tbh, i dont think there would be anything wrong with a dimple on one side and not the other, alot of people naturally only have one dimple.
    I may try that, putting balls to my face, they are normally pierced at 1.6mm arent they?
    Yeah, but you can ofc get teensy 3mm balls for 1.6mm bars if you wanted.

Natural dimples are usually a lot less shallow than the artificial dimple form cheek piercings, might want to think about that.
    Pierced, Punched, Stretched and Scarified

Quote Originally Posted by TheArctopus View Post
    Yeah, but you can ofc get teensy 3mm balls for 1.6mm bars if you wanted.

Natural dimples are usually a lot less shallow than the artificial dimple form cheek piercings, might want to think about that.
    indeed. theres a woman that works in the art department in my school who had cheek piercings. You can clearly see the scars even when she doesn't smile etc. personally i quite like it ..
    lobes 20mm
    venoms 4mm
    2nd lobe 1.6mm
    nipples 1.6mm
    tragus 1.2mm
    navel 1.6mm
    septum 8mm
    conch 5 mm ( punched)

Quote Originally Posted by Maark View Post
    Val , if your hair were edible, world hunger wouldn't be an issue anymore. How much of there if its straightened? O_O

non procedit qui dubitat

Scarred_pierced

Nah id prefer the normal sized balls, ill find some later. Yeah id expect them to deeper, obv as its something that used to be a hole! Trust me im taking this very seriously, otherwise i would have already rushed out and got them, ive been to two diff piercing shops round here, been looking through bjs for threads, then posting my own questions, i want to be completely sure. I really want them but obviously i want to make sure i can in a way commit to having them, if you get what i mean. For me, they're more extreme than just lip piercings, and seeing as carlu's arent even healed yet, they obviously take alot of caring for.

I think they were saying that natural dimples are deeper, not piercing formed ones? My friend has natural dimples and they're really deep and quite long, compared to some of the piercing ones I've seen...
    twitter/ bookfail I'm Katie.

and seeing as carlu's arent even healed yet, they obviously take alot of caring for.
    TBH I don't really do a lot to my piercings. I'm more of a LITHA person, and every now and again I'll soak my right one if it's being nasty.

It is through a thick area. I've fully downsized my cheeks and have 16mm bars, and it's in a high movement area.
    25mm Lobe x2, 10mm Helix, 8mm Septum, 8mm Conch, 4mm Conch
    4mm Tragus, 3.2mm Tragus, 2.4mm Scaffold, 2.4mm Lip x5, 2.4mm Vertical Nipple, 2mm Cheeks
    1.6mm Nostrils, Helix, Daith, Bridge, Navel, Rook, Snug

Scarred_pierced

Hmmm, im the same with my nipple that isnt healed yet, but every so often it really bothers me, or like my venoms acting up.

OOOOO i thought i lost this post!! I didnt finish it and then it disappeared!!
    Last edited by Scarred_pierced; 11-01-2009 at 07:21 PM.

Senior Member Steph>>Manchestarrr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheArctopus View Post

I havent but there are some pics in their portfolio of ones they have done.

I've had a look on their website/facebook/myspace and I can only see one and it don with a huugggeee BCR which i don't want. I know how stubborn they can be if I ask for different jewellery.

Does anyone know if kissing with a new smiley piercing is painful at first?
    Current:
    lobes, Conch
    Retired: Navel, 5mm lobes, rook
    Yes please: tongue web, surface tragus septum and nipple

well didnt see the point in starting a thread for this so.

my upper tragus piercing has healed on an angle and is constantly getting hypertrophic scars, its been 11 months since i had it done. if i removed my tragus piercing, would it heal up with out leaving a hole and if i massaged it with jojoba oil is there a chance of breaking down some of the scar tissue. as i would like the get it repierced but this would be the third tragus piercing in that section of cartilage and the 5th tragus piercing in that tragus.

and does anyone now were i can order jojoba oil from online?

thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by sambalina View Post
    "thats one fit pigeon"
    Michael
    Piercings
    Double Tragus, Septum
    Retired
    Central Labret, Surface piercing (on arm), Central Lip Ring, Double Tragus
    Want
    Lobes Stretched 8mm, Upper cartilage Piercings,MD's