Thread: Nipple piercing advice please!

Default Nipple piercing advice please!

Hi, this is my first time here so please be gentle!

Stumbled in here looking for advice, i'm really keen to have a piercing before i get too old (think i may be having an early mid life crisis cos its one thing to cross of my to do list!) i've only ever had ears done as a girl so i dont have a clue what to expect.

I'm thinking of getting a nipple pierced as they look great, any advice would be good please, how do i choose a piecer, is a bar or a ring better for a woman to have? how much pain should i expect (as in ouch, OUCH or ****!) and what should i expect after its done?

Also potentially silly question, is a bar or a ring less noticable under clothes as i really dont want to be used as the office thermometer more than necessary!

Sorry to sound like a wimp, but i like to know what i'm letting myself in for!

Thanks a lot

:roll:

You should get a barbell, it heals quicker. Personally I would say it's an ouch, I DID say ouch as it went through the middle, but it wasnt a pain where you HAVE to say ouch, just an observation that I could feel it. Afterwards it started to hurt and I was trying to walk with out jiggling my boobs at all (so obviously the smaller your breasts are the easier life is in the hour or so afterwards!) and the bus ride home was uncomfortable but since then it's been fine, occasional discomfort when I knock it and every now and again lying on it but no pain as such. My biggest problem was wanting to go upto random people and tell them!!

I HAD MY NIPPLE PIERCED ABOUT 4 WEEKS AGO, MINE IS PRETTY MUCH HEALED ALREADY WITH A BAR IN.I WOULD SAY ITS MORE OF A "OW U BOGGER" MY LEG WAS TAPPING AS THE JEWELLRY WAS PUT IN BUT IT WAS JUST UNCOMFORTABLE.MY HUSBAND HOWEVER HAD A RING FITTED AND THAT SEEMED TO TAKE LONGER TO FIT AND LOOKED MORE PAINFUL(PLUS SCREAMING f*@k) BUT HE IS A MAN AFTERALL .PERSONALLY I TRY AND WEAR TOPS WHERE IT IS NOTICED I THINK THEY LOOK REALLY SEXY TO BE ABLE TO JUST SEE THE OUTLINE. I SAY GO FOR A BAR TO START WITH THEN WHEN ITS HEALED HAVE A LOOK AT SOME JEWELLRY THAT HAS DANGLING JEWELS ON AND STUFFTO MAKE IT THAT BIT MORE INTERESTING.HOPE IT GOES WELL AND DONT BE SHY ABOUT BEING THE OFFICE THERMOMETER JUST BE PROUD THAT YOUR NOT DULL AND HAVE SOMETHING THAT LITTLE BIT DIFFERENT.AS FOR WHAT TO EXPECT AFTER I WOULD SAY JUST TAKE SOME PAIN KILLERS.I WAS TOLD TO WEAR LOOSE CLOTHING IE NO BRA AND CLEAN IT ONCE A DAY WITH HOT BUT NOT BOILING SOLUTION OF SALT AND WATER AND TO RINSE WHEN BEING IN THE BATH (AS IT IS DIRTY WATER) DONT LIE ON URE FRONT IN BED WHEN SLEEPING IF POSSIBLE.AND NO KISSING OR LICKING IT BETTER FOR A FEW WEEKS LOL BUT THATS WHY THERE ARE 2 LOL .OTHER THAN THAT GO FOR IT AND ENJOY IT!
    *******pierced_princess********
    PIERCINGS INCLUDE-Naval-ears- and newly done for the second time ,tongue and third time nipple!

I got mine done with a bar, and as for pain, well i slept on my tummy that night..so...
    I did have my nipple numbed by my piercer mind. he asked me to position myself so i was comfy, asked me how i wanted it to which i replied "diagonal pointing toward my belly button ... / <-like that) so then he spoke to me about where he'd pierce through, marked it and asked me to check in a mirror. i was like yeh that's fine and he asked me if i was nervous and i said no. He said "you can expect a bit of pain alright mainly as it comes out the other side" but i already knew that anyways.

AAANYWAY.

I didn't feel it go in at all, as the needle moved through the centre of the nipple all it felt like was pressure, then it came out the otherside and felt literally like a scratch, say..if you have an itch and scratch it with a nail that needs filing? THAT'S ALL then another bit of pressure as the bar was put in. my scaffold piercing hurt more but even that wasn't bad.

It's been said on here that numbing piercings isn't very good, i think because it stops the brain detecting there's a foreign object in your body which is why we feel pain so it just takes a little longer to detect it and send the little healing diddlys to it. But mine healed very quick so it's also down to different people and how their bodies heal.

then he positioned the dressing and asked me to press it down. That's when it started throbbing, when the dressing was all bloody (not particularly much and every one if different) but i just bought some meloline dressings from boots and it was fine.

i also bought some meloline square dressings pads just to wear in my bra incase it went skank but it didn't. didn't want to stain my bras. They are also a great way to stop the balls showing in your clothes.

bar is less noticable as it sometimes don't show through where as ring you can see the outline of the ring AND the ball. plus bars heal better.

And to pick a decent place to be pierced. Go in some places and have a look. everywhere should be clear, clean and steralised. and just ask people who have been in there before how many times they change their gloves (they must wear gloves lol)

i also recommend what i call the "30 minute soak" you geta glass of warm water with seasalt, in about a teaspoon, and just soak your new piercing in it for about 30 minutes, occasionally taking it out and putting it back in about 5 times to splash it gently then dry it carefully with cotton buds.
    left ear-
    scaffold,pinna,auricle,2xlobe,8mm tunnel, conch
    right ear-
    3 helix bars,orbital,2xlobe,8mm tunnel
    Diagonal nipple bar.
    Septum

Tattoo-treble clef on groin

Retired-Labret (I pierced it at the wrong angle.painful to play clarinet with too :( )
    www.myspace.com/thepurpleone

30mins? Ok I need to spend longer with an egg cup on my boob!

Hiya,

Thanks for replies, am really keen now, i've been to a piercer today to chat about it and think i'll go get it done next week! Not chickening out, i'm away with my boyfriend tomorrow and dont want to keep him at arms length all weekend!

My boobs are a decent size so i'll wear a good bra on the day (and avoid the bus!) and will definitely follow all your suggestions, thanks.

The thought of getting my first piercing is rather exciting, i hope the reality lives up to my expectations!

Hi!

Better late than never, i've been to a piercer today and all looks good, clean etc and seems ok, only thing is, they use surgical steel unless i specifically request something else.

I've read differing opinions on this so can anyone suggest the best way to go please, surgical steel or an alternative?

I was all geared up to go this afternoon and have it done but may wait now until i know whats best as its my first piercing and i obviously dont want to cause myself any healing problems!

I once had my labret pierced with Steel and it swelled up so much i had to take it out
    About 6 months later i decided to have it done again but with titanium this time. Not one single problem and i love it

Default I did it!!!

Wow am i one happy bunny or what?!

I did it, after weeks of shall i shant i, my first piercing is now here and i cant stop looking at it! I'd decided to go for it today and figured if i didnt do it now i'd chicken out again so i went ahead and i now have a bar piercing in my nipple!

What on earth was i worried about, i've had more painful gnat bits than that and my piercer was great, spent ages talking to me before hand, really nice guy, i'd definitely go back again and recommend him to anyone!

Yes it was numbed but it didnt really hurt and i've had no pain since, just a kind of tingling feeling for a few hours and when i took the dressing off i was surprised at how clean it looked too! Only thing i did have was about 30 mins after it was done i felt very faint and light headed but he'd warned me that can happen so i sat down with a drink and some food and was fine again 10 mins later, so much so that i got in may car and drove home!

And yes, sunshinejen, i now know exactly what you mean, i have such an urge to tell everyone, i almost told the woman in the chemist when i went in for saline solution!

My boyfriend is just as happy as i am! i'm so glad i did it, now i cant wait for it to heal cos i've got my eye on some very pretty jewellery already!!

Thanks everyone x