Page 261 of 267 FirstFirst ... 161211251252253254255256257258259260261262263264265266267 LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 2670

Thread: The Photography Thread

found this guy chilling in the garden, so took a bunch of pics as dragonflies are quite rare around here, was really pleased to see him (or her!)

these make me cool rite guys??

2 central labrets, philtrum, 2 temple microdermals, 14mm lobes, 4mm upper lobe (right)

retired: 2 temple surface piercings

Quote Originally Posted by ninjagirl View Post
    found this guy chilling in the garden, so took a bunch of pics as dragonflies are quite rare around here, was really pleased to see him (or her!)

These are fantastic photos, what equipment did you use?

Quote Originally Posted by Morph View Post
    These are fantastic photos, what equipment did you use?
    Thanks!! I literally just upgraded to a Canon 60D a couple of months ago, so I used that for these shots. If you happened to click though, for most of the stuff on my flickr account I used my trusty old 350D shots 3 and 5 were taken with the 18-55 kit lens from the 350D, the other ones in the post were using my Canon f/2.8 100mm macro. That macro lens is my baby <3

2 central labrets, philtrum, 2 temple microdermals, 14mm lobes, 4mm upper lobe (right)

Quote Originally Posted by ninjagirl View Post
    Thanks!! I literally just upgraded to a Canon 60D a couple of months ago, so I used that for these shots. If you happened to click though, for most of the stuff on my flickr account I used my trusty old 350D shots 3 and 5 were taken with the 18-55 kit lens from the 350D, the other ones in the post were using my Canon f/2.8 100mm macro. That macro lens is my baby <3
    Ooh more pics on flickr, i'll have to have a nosey at those. That macro lens rocks!

Some great pictures in here!

I bought a Canon 1000D a few months ago with the bog standard 18 - 55mm with it and also bought a flash gun. I need to experiment more and open up my knowledge on the stuff but it really hurts my head learning about it all
    .:: Кєν ::.

Current
    : Daith, Daith
    Retired: Industrial, Tragus, Helix x3, Lobe
    , Tongue, Septum

twitter.com/5vek

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    Some great pictures in here!

I bought a Canon 1000D a few months ago with the bog standard 18 - 55mm with it and also bought a flash gun. I need to experiment more and open up my knowledge on the stuff but it really hurts my head learning about it all
    I'm not sure what knowledge level you're at, but this book is amazing at helping you get your head around how different settings work together - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Understandin...2930078&sr=1-1

I have one of the earlier editions but it sounds like that new 3rd edition is pretty awesome.

Thanks I've got a book similar to that and they're a pretty good read

One of the problems I'm having is that I read the book before I go to bed, and then attempt to try out the new things the next day! Oh it's such a fail lol
    .:: Кєν ::.

Current
    : Daith, Daith
    Retired: Industrial, Tragus, Helix x3, Lobe
    , Tongue, Septum

twitter.com/5vek

I've realised while I've been away in Africa that I really wish I had a much better camera with decent zoom so I'm contemplating buying a DSLR but I don't really know where to start. Canon and Nikon seem to be the two brands that stand out to me but I wouldn't have a clue what model or anything. I'm not looking for anything too fancy, just something that'll take nice quality pictures and that I can get a nice range of lenses for as I get more confident with it. Mostly my photos are landscapes, nature, wildlife and that sort of that thing. Any pointers anyone? I've had a but of a look around but there's just so many different models
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum

Quote Originally Posted by IckleNatStar View Post
    I've realised while I've been away in Africa that I really wish I had a much better camera with decent zoom so I'm contemplating buying a DSLR but I don't really know where to start. Canon and Nikon seem to be the two brands that stand out to me but I wouldn't have a clue what model or anything. I'm not looking for anything too fancy, just something that'll take nice quality pictures and that I can get a nice range of lenses for as I get more confident with it. Mostly my photos are landscapes, nature, wildlife and that sort of that thing. Any pointers anyone? I've had a but of a look around but there's just so many different models
    Don't let anyone tell you that Canon/Nikon is better than the other, it really doesn't matter that much. It's more about personal taste, go into a London Camera Exchange if your town has one, or a Jessops and just ask to be shown their entry level DSLRs. You'll probably find one brand more intuitive than the other when it comes to navigating the menus. I can only speak from a Canon point of view, but you can get a used 350D for about 150 quid, I'm about to enter my third year of my photography degree and have only just upgraded and I still use my 350D sometimes

Thank you I'll head into Jessops when I get back to England and see what feels right (Canon/Nikon wise). I think it was always Canon we used at college so that's probably gonna be the favourite but I'll see
    Got: Left Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), 4xhelix, 5mm conch

Right Ear: Lobe (19mm/5mm/1.6mm), inner helix, orbital (Top)

Other: 4xtongue (2/2.4/3.2mm), septum