Thread: my poor conch...

Default my poor conch...

a up!

i had my conch pierced on my ear about a week ago, and it's beautiful... but it's the most painful thing i ever did!

it still hurts now, not even when i touch it... i clean it twice a day with salt water, and i don't touch it or play with it (managed to make my cartilidge piercing swell up and almost eat my earring once, won't make that mistake again...), but is it normal for it to hurt? i guess its not all that bad, i'm hjust being a pansy, but none of my other ear piercing hurt like this, i had 4 lobes, two of which are in the process of being stretched, and one cartilidge, plus my tongue...

anyway, can someone else with a conch reassure me?

thanku!!

howdy i had my conch pierced in feb and it still hurts now but i`m a very slow healer.some days are better than others,just do salt soaks,it is a thicker bit of cartiledge so thats why it hurts more,also as soon as poss change to a labret stud if you haven`t got one already,lies flat on your ear and doesn`t get caught.pretty piercing though.

Niccie
    Right ear.
    6mm,1.6 x2 lobes,1.2 Tragus,1.6 Conch,1.6 Scaffold.1.6 Auricle,1.2 x2 pinna
    Left ear
    6mm,1.6.3.2,1.6 Lobes,2.4 Conch
    Others
    Right nostril,tongue,labret,vch.
    Retired
    Nipples,outer labia, tragus x6, anti-tragus

sXe

in general both of my conch piercings stopped hurting after a week but even a couple of months down the line if i touch/bang/sleep on them they hurt like hell!!! as long as you keep it clean, don't play with it, it's not infected and you don't have anything else wrong with it such as lumps then you'll be fine....just give it time to heal!!!!!

and as fluffy said labret studs can help healing as can changing to jewellery made of ptfe or pmfk!!!!!!!
    Metal - Septum, Left ear - lobe x3 (middle 8mm), helix x2, inner conch, tragus Right ear - lobe x3 (middle 8mm), helix x2, inner conch x2, rook

Ink - Both ankles, back and chest

xEmmax

Labret studs are great in conch piercings yeah, i still wear the one mine was pierced with. They do hurt... it hurt for about a week i think, but i found it less painful than my helix as it doesnt get caught on anything.

Conch piercings shouldnt hurt that much, what metal do you have in your conch?
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike

The steel one it was pierced in, i didn't ask but i assume its the normal type... he probably told me but i forgot. the studio is pro, it's called metal morphosis and is upstairs in Selfridges, Manchester (so, according to my logic, whatever i get done there should not cause the relevant body part to drop off...)

steel what?

and i thought steel was unsafe to pierce with.. it shouldve been done with titanium

Maybe you should halt the stretching of your lobes, just to give your body a rest!

sorry, its a barbell. n, my lobes are healing atm, so am leaving them do that

depends on the grade of the steel... but a lot of people do react badly to steel... might be worth popping a PMFK or Bioflex barbel in there for a bit..
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike