Thread: This is a really really stupid question.

Default This is a really really stupid question.

Less than a year ago, I used to self harm. And while I've stopped and learned to control it, 8 months on, the scars are still there. It's not as easy to hide them anymore, and I was thinking of getting a tattoo to cover them. I know it sounds stupid, doesn't it? I don't mean get a tattoo now, but supposing in a few years time, I'm still getting the curious "freak" looks from other people, then perhaps I would want to get this tattoo. The one I'd like is this: Look at this girl's wrist, that's exactly where my scars are, and I'd love to get a star. (No points for originality).

Do you think it's advisable/alright to get such a thing done? I'm 18, but I'd wait a few years maybe to see if the scars faded or something. But I just wanted to make sure that if I got a tattoo it was for the right reason and that I wouldn't regret it later on.

What do you guys think?

What's she gonna look like with a chimney on her?

i'm planning on doing this to

once i've researched ill let you know
    Body Mods

18mm Tunnel (Left Ear)
    6mm Tunnel (Left Ear)
    Two normal 1.6 rings (Left Ear)
    Middle Lip
    Right Side Lip
    Left Side Lip
    Tongue
    Horiztontal Eyebrow
    Left Nipple
    Right Nipple

I don't think you can tattoo over scar tissue...not the white-silvery type of scar anyway.

I've self-harmed since I was 12 years old (I've been diagnosed with clinical depression). So my oldest scars are six years old and they've all healed pretty well barring my suicide attempt. :? (I'm sorry if reading this makes anyone uncomfortable.)

I looked for a few things to help answer your question, if you go here at the BME site, and type something like 'scar tattoo cover' in the search bar, it comes up with a lot of questions similar to yours. Although the answers can be a little hazy. There's also a lot of tips on helping scar tissue heal, such as using vitamin E oil and things.

i've read somewhere a similar thing and it seems to be dependant on tattooist and there experience - some will some won't.
    it may cost more as it will take more time to complete the design - all you can do is shop around a few tattoists and see what they say - and apparantly this is the same for stretch marks!