Page 6 of 422 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Professional!

Just a quick question about jewllery...

I was in getting my tragus jewllery changed today and anyway I was asking about my lip hoop.
    It sits on the side just now which is fine because I thought it would only be for a few months until the piercing heals and then I would be able to get a smaller hoop...But according to the woman in the studio it would only get changed to a different colour because it's meant to sit on the side like that..is this true? Can I really not get a smaller hoop in come August?

Also my tragus now has a hoop in it with a little ball does the ball have to be their in order to keep the hoop in? or is there like a hoop without a ball?

Your help would be much appreciated cheers!

Is it best to get a lip piercing with a ring or stud? I have heard that it is easyer to clean with a ring but is more prone to being knocked or played with. thanks.
    My choice would be studs, they keep stiller and heal a bit better. Its usually up to your piercer but given the choice i would go for a labret stud.

was in getting my tragus jewllery changed today and anyway I was asking about my lip hoop.
    It sits on the side just now which is fine because I thought it would only be for a few months until the piercing heals and then I would be able to get a smaller hoop...But according to the woman in the studio it would only get changed to a different colour because it's meant to sit on the side like that..is this true? Can I really not get a smaller hoop in come August?

Also my tragus now has a hoop in it with a little ball does the ball have to be their in order to keep the hoop in? or is there like a hoop without a ball?

Your help would be much appreciated cheers!
    Errr no your lip ring shouldnt really be resting...it should just fit. Your tragus yeah the ball has to stay in or it will fall out. If you want a hoop with no ball give one of these a go.... http://www.bodyjewelleryshop.co.uk/b...iLastCatID=392
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike

heylo
    i posted about a week ago on here explaining how my 6mm IKON plug wouldnt fit into my stretched lobe, well I tryed having a bath to relax my ear...didn't work. I got really peeved at the fact it wouldn't go through so I stood in front of the mirror for about 20 mins trying to get it in and after many trys at the "button method" it went it!! It was quite swollen and hot for about an hour afterwards but its now completely fine!
    Just wanted to say thanks for your suggestions spike!

hi

I got my lip pierced 2 days ago, i have a bit of swelling but im still ok with a 10mm ring . I want to get a labret stud in my lip really while it heals and im planning on getting an internally threaded one as i can have the smaller balls on but i dont know what size to get as its swollen, i have a labret retainer from bjs which is about 2mm too short at the moment, do you think i should just let it heal with a ring and then swap after the swelling is gone? Also the hole is very close to my lip, i think there is about 2mm gap but every1 else i know has quite a gap and has theirs lower, is this normal?

The hole also seems to have developed a little crater below it which just scabs up, the scabs come off when i clean it and there seems to be no problem with this little hole but im just wondering if it is normal and if it will heal eventually.

Thanks

Hey there I'm currently on holiday and my tragus piercing has got a red lump next to it...
    It had this about a month ago and when I went back to my piercer it was clearing up and she thought it looked fine and she changed it to a hoop but it seems to have swelled up again and i'm not sure what to do I guess it's probably keep soaking it with salt water?
    Just wanted to double check...

Cheers

Default hmm....

hey i have herd that there is some sort of nerve in your ear that if you hit it when getting something pierced the side of your face could go paralized or some crap like that. is this true? cause i do alot of my own piercings and i was just wondering if that was true or not.
    Thanx~

Hey, i'm thinking about getting my nipple (or two pierced lol) so i have a few questions:

1. What age do you have to be?
    2.How much will it hurt (i have a low pain threshold!)?
    3. How much does it cost?
    4. Is it done in private?

Thanks

reet sorry im late on these ive been away..back now though!

hi

I got my lip pierced 2 days ago, i have a bit of swelling but im still ok with a 10mm ring . I want to get a labret stud in my lip really while it heals and im planning on getting an internally threaded one as i can have the smaller balls on but i dont know what size to get as its swollen, i have a labret retainer from bjs which is about 2mm too short at the moment, do you think i should just let it heal with a ring and then swap after the swelling is gone? Also the hole is very close to my lip, i think there is about 2mm gap but every1 else i know has quite a gap and has theirs lower, is this normal?

The hole also seems to have developed a little crater below it which just scabs up, the scabs come off when i clean it and there seems to be no problem with this little hole but im just wondering if it is normal and if it will heal eventually.

Thanks
    Yeah i would let the swelling go down then sort out a labret stud for it. Nope its fine your lip piercing is near your lip ones lower are down and central are labret piercing lip piercings are made just under the lip line. Yeah it should all heal up fine ... dont pick at the scabs though!

Hey there I'm currently on holiday and my tragus piercing has got a red lump next to it...
    It had this about a month ago and when I went back to my piercer it was clearing up and she thought it looked fine and she changed it to a hoop but it seems to have swelled up again and i'm not sure what to do I guess it's probably keep soaking it with salt water?
    Just wanted to double check...

Cheers
    www.bodyamusement.co.uk/FAQ.html section 8

hey i have herd that there is some sort of nerve in your ear that if you hit it when getting something pierced the side of your face could go paralized or some crap like that. is this true? cause i do alot of my own piercings and i was just wondering if that was true or not.
    Thanx~
    Hmmm no not really but its really best if you dont pierce through anything you shouldnt. If your ever unsure of where your piercing go see a piercer for help.

Hey, i'm thinking about getting my nipple (or two pierced lol) so i have a few questions:

1. What age do you have to be?
    2.How much will it hurt (i have a low pain threshold!)?
    3. How much does it cost?
    4. Is it done in private?

Thanks
    1) Usually 18
    2) Nipple piercings carry a fair nip (no pun intended) but are over really fast! Pain is different from person to person though you might find it realy easy - you dont know until you try haha!
    3)Again it varies from place to place usually around 30
    4)Oh yes!
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike

Default Granuloma Bump (NOSE)

Hey Spike, yo i think ive got a granuloma bump beside my nose piercing...
    ive checked section 8 on body amusement and was wondering if when cleaning the granuloma bump wit the hot compress method, will i still need to clean the actual piercing with its own solution aswell or just with the hot compress (salt) once a day?
    Thanks

Ok. uhm hi so yeah Im new to this but I got my tongue web pierced around 6 weeks ago and was told it healed pretty fast (2 - 3 weeks) but at 6 weeks down the line there are still two hardish pus looking ball things at the entry and exit holes.Im still cleaning it with salt water but dont know what to do. could you help? :?