Page 422 of 422 FirstFirst ... 322372412413414415416417418419420421422
Results 4,211 to 4,217 of 4217

Thread: Ask a Professional!

Quote Originally Posted by gem83 View Post
    Hi,

i had had my triple forward helix piercing in the middle of november. It's still really painful, pusses green Ouse every now and then and is crusty and swollen. I know they take a while to heal but I just wondered is this normal at this stage. I salt soak twice daily, 3 times when it's really bad. I also bumps on them too. I've tried to upload a picture but I only have access via iPhone to the forum and I can't work out how to upload

Thankyou in advance
    Are the bars titanium? You can upload a photo to Imgur and post it here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutiekitty92 View Post
    Hi everyone,
    I'm so glad I found this forum as I have many piercings but some have been a bit troublesome!
    I have a slight problem with my lower navel piercing it seems to have migrated a bit which is fine but its been really infected and has a fleshy lump that bleeds when knocked. Can anyone share some experiences as to why or how to heal it better?

Its an old piercing and I recently changed to a 16mm length bar to help it a it seems to be better atm!
    Sounds like it may be a granuloma, have a look at the bump thread to help. If it is that then keeping it dry can help. Make sure the bar isn't too long and is made of implant grade titanium.

Quote Originally Posted by kiki21 View Post
    Hi, I've had my tragus pierced for a year probably about two months in I developed a bump changes from the plastic bar to a high grade titanium bump went away for a while but came back and hasn't gone since. I've tried sea salt salt camomile soaks, hydrocortisone cream, aspirin and just leaving it alone but nothing seems to work! Thinking I just need to retire :( but still reluctant any other advice would be so appreciated!
    Hi 2 months is very early days, they can take a good 6-12 months to settle fully. Have a read of the bump thread, it's very common.

Quote Originally Posted by Firedrake View Post
    Hey how many weeks is long enough before you can change nipple bars? I reeeeaallly want to change mine but they're only a month old :/
    Not until they're fully healed which can be anything from 9-12 months or more unless it's an essential downsize.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal, 5mm conch punch
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    Tattoos: 95 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Hi I think I have a granuloma or hypertrophic scar underneath the bottom ball of my navel (hard to see so not 100% sure!). It's just me worrying a bit but the top ball is kinda flakey in the sense that is has like a patch of skin just missing and the bar is perhaps a mm less snug. I don't think it's migrating as it's not red or sore at all, is a small bump likely to put pressure on the piercing/push it forward a bit? I just don't know a lot about migration and don't want to ignore it if something's happening.
    Also forward helix has a bump on it probably due to having a long curved barbell in there, is it alright to change to a labret at 8 weeks old?
    Becky
    Current: 2 sets of lobes, 2 helix, forward helix (l), conch, tragus (r), navel
    Want: helix, daith (l), lobe (r)
    Retired: rook (r)

'You can't plough a field by turning the soil over in your mind.'

Quote Originally Posted by Mints View Post
    Hi I think I have a granuloma or hypertrophic scar underneath the bottom ball of my navel (hard to see so not 100% sure!). It's just me worrying a bit but the top ball is kinda flakey in the sense that is has like a patch of skin just missing and the bar is perhaps a mm less snug. I don't think it's migrating as it's not red or sore at all, is a small bump likely to put pressure on the piercing/push it forward a bit? I just don't know a lot about migration and don't want to ignore it if something's happening.
    Also forward helix has a bump on it probably due to having a long curved barbell in there, is it alright to change to a labret at 8 weeks old?
    How old is the navel piercing? Can you get a photo of it? Have a read of the bump thread, it has lots of advice in it.

Get your piercer to change your forward helix to something more suitable.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 2.4mm daith
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x7, semi permanent eyebrows, semi permanent eyeliner, semi permanent lipstick, lip dermal filler, botox
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 4 philtrum, 4 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 3 upper conch, conch, 5 helices
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS*****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

It's 8 months old, sorry for the terrible pictures, was the best I could get on my iPod.

The bar's titanium so I know that's fine, and I just rinse it in the shower as it's been looking dry for a while now. Anything I can do to help it?
    Thanks for the help
    Becky

Some natural oil can help the dry bit, as for the bump have a read of the bump thread. I'd only be repeating myself with what's already in there

Ah great, I worry too much. Thanks a lot!
    Becky

Thread closed and continued here.