Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First foray into tattoos

Hi all,

I'm very heavily pierced and have admired and longed for a tattoo for a long long long time.
    Lately I have been experimenting with transfers. It's been great fun trying different designs on different parts of my body.
    I've settled on the sort of thing I like and the places I like tattoos to be.
    I'm really into stars - particularly like the pic below -

It's a massive commitment though - with piercings you can just take them out.
    I guess I'll continue as I am doing - maybe try having transfers 24x7 for a month or two and if I still like it then make it real.

Also, anyone got any good sources for different transfer designs?

Hi -yv- I thought that tattoo was real! lol..... I am really surprised that you have never been tattooed! I find tattoos easier than piercings. But, after the paw I am not so scared of piercings anymore. Please check your inbox as I may have an idea about transfers.

Comment

Google semi permanent tattoos there have been a lot created recently, some last 3 weeks+. Of course just make sure they're not PPD/black henna.

If you're going for stars find someone who is really really good at them with a good portfolio showing examples of stars. Even some good artists can find geometric styles difficult.
      Last edited by Boo; 05-27-2018, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I held off getting a tattoo for ages - scared of the permanent commitment etc. At least with piercings you can take them out!

I eventually found myself in a position where the decision was taken from me and I had to be tattooed but I don't regret it now. Only a handful of people know about it and fewer have actually seen it.

Funnily enough I also tried the temporary tattoos a few years ago as a sort of dry run - hated every single one of them!

Comment

Thanks for your mail Mazzy - I will reply to that via mail.
          Thanks for the info on semi-permanent Hazel - I quite like the idea of that - actually living with a design for a week or two rather than a day or two with a transfer. And thanks for the info about geometric designs. I thought they would have been easier but maybe that is the non-artistic engineer in me.

And Dragonsoup - "the decision was taken from me" - I'm curious - please tell me more about this.

Comment

No Problem -yv- hope you find a tattoo design you are after!

Comment

Originally posted by -yv- View Post
              Thanks for your mail Mazzy - I will reply to that via mail.
              Thanks for the info on semi-permanent Hazel - I quite like the idea of that - actually living with a design for a week or two rather than a day or two with a transfer. And thanks for the info about geometric designs. I thought they would have been easier but maybe that is the non-artistic engineer in me.

And Dragonsoup - "the decision was taken from me" - I'm curious - please tell me more about this.
              It was initiatory

Comment

Originally posted by dragonsoup View Post
                It was initiatory

That just makes me even more curious!
                I'd love to know more - what initiation requires a tattoo?
                (sorry if I'm a bit nosey here)

Comment

Originally posted by -yv- View Post
                  That just makes me even more curious!
                  I'd love to know more - what initiation requires a tattoo?
                  (sorry if I'm a bit nosey here)
                  Usually secret societies !

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Mouse View Post
                    Usually secret societies !
                    Some religions and spiritual/personal beliefs also have rituals that can include marking the skin in many different ways including a tattoo.

Comment

Working...
                    X