X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ragazza
    replied
    Loving this thread

I got my first pony when I was 8 and have had 3 horses of my own and 2 loaners since then. I currently loan a 100% purebred Oldenburg (is that the word?). Big black horsie which is gentle as a lamb, but sometimes can act a bit silly even though he's turning 21 this month.
    I'm a dressage rider, have always done dressage and do compete when I have the chance. I do enjoy a bit of jumping as well, but mostly to shake up the daily training a bit. Hopefully in a few years I will be able to get a horse of my own again. I have a goal of getting to ride some of the higher levels within dressage (Have no idea what they're called in english), so hopefully I will achieve that one day.

Leave a comment:

• Sneferie
    replied
    I owned horses from the time I was in 4th grade up until about a year ago. My latest one, Rocky, a Thoroughbred, is basically like my child and it was so hard to let him go, but my parents were paying for him and just couldn't do it anymore between my apartment, school, and so on. :( We donated him to a therapeutic riding program for children with learning disabilities and he's about 15 minutes down the road from my house, so I still can go see him whenever I want. I can read him like a book having owned him for 5 years, and I can tell he's extremely happy there, so I'm happy too.

As a kid I did a lot of different things--mainly 4H, hunter under saddle, Dressage, and Western Pleasure, but also did in-hand classes and a bit of jumping. Once I got to high school I focused on competing with Rocky in Dressage up until I donated him, and we were quite the pair if I may say so . I'm hoping that once I finish school and get a good job, I can get a new horse and go back to competing, which I miss terribly.

Leave a comment:

• HolyCadence
    replied
    i own a 2 year old warmblood mare that im hoping to compete 3 day eventing when shes old enough but iv worked on hunting yards and riding schools since i was 16

Leave a comment:

• Caketin-95
    replied
    This hasn't been posted in for a while - but thought I'd join anyhow!
    I've been riding for 10years, rode at a riding school for 3 years aged 7-10 and at 10 got my own little 12.2hh coloured mare. I outgrew her so sold her on and got a 13.2hh - however we never clicked and I became scared of her so I had the opportunity to ride for some local dealers. They gave me the quiet ones to exercise until my confidence was back, then I was pretty much chucked on anything and everything :P

currently own my own who I've had for 3 years - 15hh pure bred grey connemara gelding, named Luke (yes, his original owners DID name him after luke skywalker...)

Leave a comment:

• beccipie.
    replied
    I used to have a horse on loan, well it was only for a month. But she was a 4 year old 3/4 cob, 1/4 thoroughbred.
    The woman we were getting it off was all like "oh once you say you want her she's yours" and then went and bloody sold her :/.
    I've been riding for 8 years .

Leave a comment:

• RedFae
    replied
    Originally posted by Belle.T View Post
    I love this thread since last posting I've given up riding at the stables that I've been at for yeeears and finally gotten myself a lovely loan horse- a 28 yo 14.2hh arab called Tocky. Despite her age, she's an ex endurance horse and is one of the craziest I've ridden in years! Started jumping her last weekend, i'll try and get a pic or 2 up soon. Love everyones photos
    Mines a 28yo three quarter Arabian, and she's as loopy as me!!

Leave a comment:

• SleeeepyHollow
    replied
    I used to love horse riding But then the person I used to go with moved, and I never get to do it these days! Got a book on ebay if any horse lovers are interested

Leave a comment:

• BlackRoseImmortal
    replied
    Originally posted by Rubycherry View Post
    Just wanted to introduce my new horse, Rosie.
    Unfortunately I don't own Charlie anymore, he suffered a leg injury and cannot be ridden, he is spending his retirement in a new home getting fat on grass! I do miss him though.

Anyway here's Rosie!
    She's a bit of a moody mare from the ground, but lovely to ride!

LOVELY mare! I <3 Roans!

Leave a comment:

• Belle.T
    replied
    I love this thread since last posting I've given up riding at the stables that I've been at for yeeears and finally gotten myself a lovely loan horse- a 28 yo 14.2hh arab called Tocky. Despite her age, she's an ex endurance horse and is one of the craziest I've ridden in years! Started jumping her last weekend, i'll try and get a pic or 2 up soon. Love everyones photos

Leave a comment:

• tokkolosh
    replied
    i starded riding jst under 2 years ago, my partner was my instructor, thts how we got together, she owns a 4 y/o irish draught n ive been given a 18h2 shire to ride

Leave a comment:

• MissLush
    replied
    gorgeous horses everyone! anyone else a member of HGS? ?

i sold my off the track quarter horse 3 years ago :( worst thing ever! he was a baby boy, Dibbs.
    i've also owned:
    a welsh pony mare (was PTS 4 years ago- 38 years old!!!!!!)
    a pair of percherons (gelding & mare)
    and 4 grade horses. no idea what they were!
    and im currently riding & training an arabian gelding.

since im moving soon, im hoping i can start riding more! i've NEVER taken lessons!

Leave a comment:

• kaifoon
    replied
    Hi my daughter used to own ex racehorse kaifoon and he was sold to a young girl who kept him at a livery yard near OAKLEY CHURCH. sORRY COMPUTER PLAYING UP. i WONDER IF YOU ARE TAMSIN AND WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHERE KAIFOON WENT TO AND ANY NEWS GOOD OR BAD. HE WAS THE KINDEST HORSE TO LOOK AFTER AND i WAS DEVASTATED WHEN HE WAS SOLD. HE MUST BE ABOUT 22YEARS OLD NOW, SADLY HIS STABLE MATE PASSED AWAY AGED AROUND 29 YEARS. hOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON . BEST WISHES

Leave a comment:

• TheTempest
    replied
    I just ride for pleasure, however I absoloutly love jumping. Highest I've jumped is 3feet. I use to own a 17hh Percheron draft mare. Also use to ride a 16.3hh STB gelding. And a 15hh Palomino mare, she was the love of my life.

Leave a comment:

• oxymora
    replied
    Thank you milney
    Rosie is 15.1hh

Leave a comment:

• milney
    replied
    (ignores the spam about niche info)

Aw Faye, I'm sorry to hear about Charlie, but I bet he's enjoyin his retirment Rosie is gorgeous! What height is she? She looks like my kinda horsey even though I don't tend to get on as well with moody mares as I do happy geldings hehe.

Nat, I know your post is from ages ago, but did you ever take lessons? Just wondering as I work at a yard which gets work experience people on the first year of vet school at Glasgow uni... not all of them know how to ride, so some get through the net but it's def a good excuse to try and learn anyway

Leave a comment:

Working...
X