No announcement yet.

Horse riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to ride, haven't for aboot 6 years now tho.

Comment

Originally posted by valers26 View Post
      i dunno what 15hh TBXQH mare means but ok, lol
      1 hand = 4 inches.
      So 15 hands is *does maths* 60 inches tall. Or 5 foot. That's at the withers (shoulder blades).

TBXQH means a cross breed between a Thoroughbred and a Quarter Horse.

You'll learn the lingo soon enough.

I'll call Livi later and see if I can arrange a date.

Comment

wow. you know quite a bit. how much ?

Comment

How much for what?

Comment

for the horse riding ?

Comment

Nothing.
              When you rent the horse, you get time in the indoor and outdoor schools included. Livi doesn't do dressage or anything like that, she is just a pleasure rider, she gets 2 1 hour sessions in the school a week and never uses them, so I'm sure she won't mind you using her hour time slot.

I was the one who taught her how to ride, so she owes me.

Comment

lol. okies thanks. PM once you know dates etc

Comment

I'll give you a text.

I'll teach you how to tack up as well. And once you know how to ride, feel free to come and have a go on Galaxy whenever.

Comment

wow thanks very much

Comment

He's at Hanslope, and so is Cookie, so it's pretty easy to get to.

Comment

Just outta interest Si, how much do you pay to loan a horse where your from? And how much use do you get?
                        I dont think i could share a horse...i like to ride 6 days a week and give them one day off!

Comment

With my current horse loan it's 3 way, so we each get 10 days out of a month (which we pick between us) and we get an hour in the indoor or outdoor school each, and an hour on the cross country set a week. I pay £20 a week for use of the horse and tack, then £15 a week to the livery yard. It's pretty good, it would be way more with Marco (he is a local 3 day champion) but luckily my mum knows the owner really well.

Well, out of a week, he is usually ridden about 4 or 5 days, somedays that are booked for me I can't make, and the same with the other two people, so he does get time off.

Comment

So its like £35 a week...do you have to pay for food, shoeing etc on top of that?
                            I have no idea what prices are like these days, i was really lucky in that where i kept Philly i only had to pay £20 a week for the stable (including straw and hay) and i got full access to the school when ever i wanted it. But that was only cos i had worked at the yard for like 12 years! My field livery was £15 a week, went up to £18 in the winter when there was hay provided.

Comment

Food comes in the £15 from the livery yard. As does the bedding.
                              When it's time to get him shoed, we just split the bill 3 ways, if he needs the vet or the dentist, we do the same.

At the new stables, where I should be loaning Galaxy, I worked there for about a year and a half, when I had Iepo there. So that's why they are giving me first refusal on Galaxy. Can't wait.

Comment

Cool...i guess thats a relief on B/S and Vet bills that you can split it 3 ways-they are always killer costs! Philly went through shoes like no other, basically had to get a new set on her every 4 weeks =O

Comment

Working...
                                X