No announcement yet.

Horse riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah mucking out is a nightmare in the winter...my last 2 stayed indoors all year round but winter still seemed worse!
    At the yard i worked at at one point we had 22 stabled horses and had me and one other girl to do the stable work-it was exhausting! I never even got paid to do it!!! The things we do when we are 12 eh?!

Comment

Originally posted by imanindividual-justlikeu View Post
      yeah mucking out is a nightmare in the winter...my last 2 stayed indoors all year round but winter still seemed worse!
      At the yard i worked at at one point we had 22 stabled horses and had me and one other girl to do the stable work-it was exhausting! I never even got paid to do it!!! The things we do when we are 12 eh?!
      yeah, I bet you were fit though...

Comment

Yeh...shame it didnt last tho! There are only 4 stabled horses now...the rest are out in the field. Mind you its a fair trek if they are at the top of the field!

Comment

Ok here are some photos! (im sure i will have posted them on here before but never mind!)

Thats my 3rd horse Justice, 16.3 ThoroughbredxID. I look tiny on her but i was only 13 when i first got her! She was a proper ginger beast!

Thats Philly, 16.2 Hanoverian, acing a showjumping competition...the fences were too small for her!

And this is Raf, 17hh Throughbred x at his first x-country that i took him to. He was a star and jumped everything first time!

Comment

You're right, Philly does have that Hanoverian look.
            But I'm in love with Raf!
            I love greys, but have never had the pleasure to own one!
            He is gorgeous.
            What was he crossed with? Looks a bit warmblood-ish to me.

Comment

P.S. Perfect jump stance, I hate these people who throw their legs back yet keep their head up and their back is stupidly bent and not straight. Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by si_tragedy View Post
                P.S. Perfect jump stance, I hate these people who throw their legs back yet keep their head up and their back is stupidly bent and not straight. Well done.

Hahaha-thanks! I think i was just lucky in that photo! I have others where im in a terrible position..just depends if you get the right take off etc...

As for what Raf is crossed with breed wise im really not sure. I was just allowed to ride him after i sold philly before i went away to uni. I was supposed to do a few competitions but sadly he trashed a jump and got quite a serious tendon injury and was off work for 6mnths. What ever it is tho its just a little cos i think hes like 7/8th thoroughbred.

My first two were grey-they are a nusiance to keep clean! My first was well sweet tho cos he had an almost black mane and tail and had a brown star-it was really bizzarre! People used to say it was a target for the gun cos he was such a handful to ride and manage!

Comment

I used to ride a 17.2 Hanoverian mare called Rumour, loved her too bits she was practically mine. But then she got sold on :(
                  I never really got on with ponies, I was too tall lol.

Comment

I used to ride.
                    I did alot of show jumping and dressage.
                    Hated 3DE's because i despised cross country! It tired me out more than my horse!
                    I had a bad fall one day and it just wasn't the same after, so i quit.

Comment

never been on a horse. but i've always wanted to learn to ride etc

Comment

I love my mojo!

Comment

Awww...i like coloured horses!

Comment

I used to ride when I was younger, should really show more interest in them as my parents own quite a few.

My Mum did mention would I be interested in showing them as sometimes the classes clash at shows.

My parents have Straight Egyptians, but my Dad also shows a Friesian in hand for a lady they know.

Comment

Awww! Dark rain! I love paints. <3 Mojo is gorgeous.

Val, I could teach you how to ride if you want, my friend has a 15hh TBXQH mare who would be a perfect size for you. I could give you a few lessons in the indoor school at Hanslope (only 1 bus from the city) then me, you, Galaxy and Livi's horse (I think it's called Cookie) could go for a few hacks.
                              Last edited by CobaltBlue; 08-29-2007, 01:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by si_tragedy View Post
                                Awww! Dark rain! I love paints. <3 Mojo is gorgeous.

Val, I could teach you how to ride if you want, my friend has a 15hh TBXQH mare who would be a perfect size for you. I could give you a few lessons in the indoor school at Hanslope (only 1 bus from the city) then me, you, Galaxy and Livi's horse (I think it's called Cookie) could go for a few hacks.
                                i dunno what 15hh TBXQH mare means but ok, lol

Comment

Working...
                                X