No announcement yet.

Horse riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eeeeee, I get to have some riding lessons in summer. Glasgow uni specify you should be able to ride to do Veterinary Medicine (I thought it was a bit odd) so that's a good enough excuse for me haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubycherry View Post
      Okaaaay so you know I got back into riding last November and was sharing a horse for a few months? Well that all went wrong, had issues with the owner. Sooooo I saved some cash up and bought this fine gentleman...

His name is Charlie, he's a 17.1hh Thoroughbred x Irish Sport Horse, 15 years old, and wonderfully gentle giant. He's an ex-showjumper and was also going to be a police horse but didn't make the cut.
      I love him to bits! <3

Awwww! <3

Comment

• I've been riding since I was about 4 so quite a while now. I don't do much at uni except ride my friends 3 year old arab whenever she goes away. At home I have a welsh D who is absolutely stunning but the biggest wimp in the world. Luckily my mum rides so looks after him and another old girl (arabXdales) that we have had for 10 years or so now. I also have a share in a Connemara that I had to sell when I went to uni. i used to compete a lot at show jumping, one day events and hunter trials when I was young but now I just bomb about doing whatever I want.

Comment

• ive taken 3 rounds of lessons...still trying to get good!

ive been thrown more than once so thats a start lol

Comment

• I've ridden for years and I love it I don't have my own horse and I never have, but I've ridden at a couple of schools and I ride some friends horses. Trying out a 17.2 crazy ISH for share tomorrow- wish me luck! haha. Biggest I've jumped is just over 3 foot, would love to go higher but I just haven't had the capabilities to really, seeing as the horses I ride either can't jump that height or are too insane to even consider jumping!

Comment

• Just wanted to introduce my new horse, Rosie.
              Unfortunately I don't own Charlie anymore, he suffered a leg injury and cannot be ridden, he is spending his retirement in a new home getting fat on grass! I do miss him though.

Anyway here's Rosie!
              She's a bit of a moody mare from the ground, but lovely to ride!

Comment

• (ignores the spam about niche info)

Aw Faye, I'm sorry to hear about Charlie, but I bet he's enjoyin his retirment Rosie is gorgeous! What height is she? She looks like my kinda horsey even though I don't tend to get on as well with moody mares as I do happy geldings hehe.

Nat, I know your post is from ages ago, but did you ever take lessons? Just wondering as I work at a yard which gets work experience people on the first year of vet school at Glasgow uni... not all of them know how to ride, so some get through the net but it's def a good excuse to try and learn anyway

Comment

• Thank you milney
                  Rosie is 15.1hh

Comment

• I just ride for pleasure, however I absoloutly love jumping. Highest I've jumped is 3feet. I use to own a 17hh Percheron draft mare. Also use to ride a 16.3hh STB gelding. And a 15hh Palomino mare, she was the love of my life.

Comment

• Hi my daughter used to own ex racehorse kaifoon and he was sold to a young girl who kept him at a livery yard near OAKLEY CHURCH. sORRY COMPUTER PLAYING UP. i WONDER IF YOU ARE TAMSIN AND WOULD LOVE TO HEAR WHERE KAIFOON WENT TO AND ANY NEWS GOOD OR BAD. HE WAS THE KINDEST HORSE TO LOOK AFTER AND i WAS DEVASTATED WHEN HE WAS SOLD. HE MUST BE ABOUT 22YEARS OLD NOW, SADLY HIS STABLE MATE PASSED AWAY AGED AROUND 29 YEARS. hOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU SOON . BEST WISHES

Comment

• gorgeous horses everyone! anyone else a member of HGS? ?

i sold my off the track quarter horse 3 years ago :( worst thing ever! he was a baby boy, Dibbs.
                        i've also owned:
                        a welsh pony mare (was PTS 4 years ago- 38 years old!!!!!!)
                        a pair of percherons (gelding & mare)
                        and 4 grade horses. no idea what they were!
                        and im currently riding & training an arabian gelding.

since im moving soon, im hoping i can start riding more! i've NEVER taken lessons!

Comment

• i starded riding jst under 2 years ago, my partner was my instructor, thts how we got together, she owns a 4 y/o irish draught n ive been given a 18h2 shire to ride

Comment

• I love this thread since last posting I've given up riding at the stables that I've been at for yeeears and finally gotten myself a lovely loan horse- a 28 yo 14.2hh arab called Tocky. Despite her age, she's an ex endurance horse and is one of the craziest I've ridden in years! Started jumping her last weekend, i'll try and get a pic or 2 up soon. Love everyones photos

Comment

• Originally posted by Rubycherry View Post
                              Just wanted to introduce my new horse, Rosie.
                              Unfortunately I don't own Charlie anymore, he suffered a leg injury and cannot be ridden, he is spending his retirement in a new home getting fat on grass! I do miss him though.

Anyway here's Rosie!
                              She's a bit of a moody mare from the ground, but lovely to ride!

LOVELY mare! I <3 Roans!

Comment

• I used to love horse riding But then the person I used to go with moved, and I never get to do it these days! Got a book on ebay if any horse lovers are interested

Comment

Working...
                                X