No announcement yet.

Horse riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hm, haven't been riding since before christmas =(. Really wanna go again though, I love it ^^

Comment

• I'm still goin with my boy Jack, we did some showing last week and we came 5th in in-hand veteran (he's only 15, so y'know... lol), 3rd in in-hand riding horse and we came 1st in in-hand hack!! I was so pleased, he looked gorgeous all plaited up!! Tho I had blisters on my fingers and feet from the day... i was elated!!

Went up to ride him yesterday, ut there were jets and helicopters darting around for Biggin Hill Airshow, and he was being extra-spaccy so decided to leave it... would rather not die!! lol

Comment

• we had an 18.2hh shire, he was the most handsome horse.

called raine (basically rain) because it had been raining for days non-stop, and the day he was born it stopped

im also really luck, been honoured to ride both the regular service horses and the drum horses on knightsbridge barracks in london, my bro is in the household cavalry and i got to ride the horses he looked after

Comment

• I havent ridden in years either because i don't drive and i can't find anywhere to bus too! I loved the cobs we had (no shire crosses unfortunately!) i love dinner plate sized hooves hehe!

Comment

• This is an older thread...but I'm a horseback rider!

I have been riding and competing for 11 years... right now I'm at an eventing barn where I'm working with a 6 year old Paint x Draft cross gelding named Tomahawk. I've been with him for almost 2 years now

Comment

• Only just found this thread! Some lovely horses on here!

Another cob fan here, the chunkier and hairier the better imo!
              I have riding lessons on a Saturday, and compete some horses for my instructor and ride for people in local area occasionally.

Some pics of me & the horse I usually ride, Thor

He's ace to jump, but flatwork not so much
              Last edited by Antifaz; 02-26-2009, 06:54 PM.

Comment

• Gorgeous

Mare i used to ride was ridden in a pelham to, strong little pony she was, only 13.1hh. Little star though, used to jump 3ft easily. And at about 200mph!

Comment

• She sounds like fun! The littlies are always the best aren't they

Comment

• Photos! ...me showing off my boy Tommy (see post #170 - https://www.bodyjewelleryshop.com/fo...&postcount=170)

At one of his first shows...he was still pretty green then It's only about 2'3"/70cm

Schooling last year:

Kisses!

And just cause he's super cute...

Comment

• handsome horse you have there

Comment

• Horsey people, I need your halps.
                        I haven't ridden in AGES and i'm just wondering the best way to introduce my mare back into being ridden again?
                        Thanks for any help x

Comment

• Originally posted by Neurocancer View Post
                          Horsey people, I need your halps.
                          I haven't ridden in AGES and i'm just wondering the best way to introduce my mare back into being ridden again?
                          Thanks for any help x
                          How long has she been off? Has she been in any work at all or just in the field? Has she put on weight while she's been off?

Comment

• About a year or so, in that time i've lunged her about 10 times.
                            She's just in the field and has put on usual 'summer weight' due to more grass because of field rotation.

I want to gradually introduce her again because she got increasingly hard to ride and it wasn't a great experience so by now i'm guessing she won't be obedient at all, blah

Comment

• I'd say lots of walking to begin with Hacking, if you can-- you can add in short intervals of trot, and then increase the length of your trotting over time to help get her back into shape. When she's ready, introduce intervals of canter.

I say this because I'd assume she's fairly out of shape after a year in the field, especially with a bit of added summer weight. I guess it all depends how fit she is! Obviously, take it slower if she's very out of shape, and you can go a bit faster if she's always been fit and athletic.

I'm also not sure how difficult she is when you say 'hard to ride'...so of course this could play a part in what you're able to do with her

Good luck!

Comment

• that horse is soo cute

Comment

Working...
                                X