No announcement yet.

Horse riding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just waded through this post and there are some lovely horses on here.
    I did have lessons for a while which i loved, but i couldnt afford to keep the lessons up, i was a student with no income and my parents couldnt help me out, so i have never got back in to it, but i would love to again.
    i loved working with them when i was in large animal veterinary practice, but i moved in to a small animal centre and havent worked with them for years now.
    The nearest i get is by selling Bioflow tendon wraps, brushing boot and bioflow rugs. All very popular equine items, with magnets to aid healing or stiffness after excercise. (email me if any one is interested)
    Great collars for dogs and cats who are a bit stiff in their old age too.

Comment

• So, anyone got plans for competeing in the summer? I think me an Jack are gonna do some Dressage, maybe a bit of jumping, but as the 'fear' has set in, think I may not lol

Has anyone else lost their bottle over jumps for no apparent reason? I used to go over anything and everything, now a 2" cross pole looks scary! I hate this, I used to LOVE jumping... :(

Comment

• I am exactly the same...i think its age!! I used to compete at around 3'6 on Philly n loved it-got the butterflies but it was great!
        Now...pah i get the fear doing 2' fences!

Comment

• when i went riding on saturday when i was younger, I would go over 3"6' fenced BAREBACK... on my favourite horse Hercules. once I started loaning, thats when the nerves started kicking in.... :/

Comment

• eurgh, I miss riding :(
            Does anyone know any good equine dentists in South Yorks. area?
            If so could you PM me the number please

Comment

• i just got back from the yard, I rode Jack in the school as weather so s***ty and no-one to go out with. The school is surrounded bu a hedge. It was very windy. So he decided to jump out of his skin everytime the wind blew and rustled the leaves a bit. What a plum!!

He was better after a while, when I asked for trot, he was like, "oh, we're actually working now?" put his head down and got on with it. Had a tw*t-attack every now and then as we went down the long side, but he eventually gave me a really lovely 10m circle in collected canter

I LOVE my horse!

Comment

• So, this is Casey, the horse I am going to see and have a little trot around on tomorrow. (I was going to go today, but called up and re-booked because of the terrible weather.)

17.2hh Irish Draught.

(Far right)

(Far left)

(In front)

Comment

• is that one dead in the 3rd pic????

Comment

• No, it's alseep! Haha!

Comment

• Gandy i actually laughed out loud !

I dont normally say this about a horse, ever. but she's goregous !

Comment

• Psst, Casey is a boy.

He is gorgeous, can't wait to see him tomorrow. I found a different share, but the horse is 21, and is 50 minute drive away. Casey is only 16 and a 10 minute drive away, so he's perfect. And he jumps, which the other horse doesn't.

Comment

• sshh i knew that

glad you found a horse that close and you love

Comment

• Originally posted by CobaltBlue View Post
                            So, this is Casey, the horse I am going to see and have a little trot around on tomorrow. (I was going to go today, but called up and re-booked because of the terrible weather.)

17.2hh Irish Draught.

[pic]
                            [pic]
                            [pic]
                            [pic]
                            [pic]

Si he's gorgeous!

Comment

• OMG she's sooo gorgeous, i LOVE bay's!

I haven't ridden in years, well except when i played polo a few months ago.
                              I scored a goal

Comment

• I live in Milton Keynes and have lessons at a yard every week.
                                I also help at other stables in MK in the holidays

Comment

Working...
                                X