• Show
Clear All

• Piercedprincess84
    replied
    I'm a bit ambivalent on the subject...

Leave a comment:

• Ary
    replied
    I love babies. I fall in love with every baby I hold but with that being said I still don't really want to be responsible for one. I am young and everyone keeps telling me that I'll change my mind but I honestly don't think I will. I want to be and aunt and want babies in my family, i love babysitting just the idea of having a child of my own doesn't interest me at all and it never has.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Mouse
    replied
    I was an only child & growing up like that for me wasn't much fun, especially as all my cousins had siblings to play with. So I decided if I got married we would have more than one child, we ended up having 5 !

Leave a comment:

• rish
    replied
    I don't want kids, not because I don't like them but because I have an illness that can be passed on. So i've made the decision not to have them.

Leave a comment:

• Roz
    replied
    My family keep asking me about kids and it's like "shut up when I'm ready!". I mean I'm still not 100% sure on the idea, but there's no way I could have one now, I'd never be able to afford it or give it the life it deserves. We have enough to look after us both but adding a child would cripple us.

Leave a comment:

• Gorgo
    replied
    This is my biggest pet peeve in life.

I come from a very large family (nine children, soon to be nine grandchildren) and people's immediate response is to say to me "oh you must want loads of kids then!" and then when I respond, "no, I actually don't like babies or children." they always freak out and tell me I'm crazy, how can my family be okay with that etc. Loooool

So I'm team no kids. (currently, but I'm only 18. Maybe in the future I'll change my mind but I doubt it, never liked 'em. Even when I was a kid, I didn't like other kids.)

Leave a comment:

• CyanideBlue
    replied
    Honestly, I feel like people who don't want kids should never, ever get one. Not just because I respect that they don't kids, but also because people who DO want kids and love kids are driven crazy by them. Like, you don't know what your child is going to turn out like. You could have the most annoying, pesky little brat ever and if you didn't like kids much to begin with you're REALLY going to hate this one even if it's yours.

My brother loves kids, him and his wife got a baby and the kid is almost 2 years old now. I love kids, too, and I have no problem hanging out with them, playing with them, and looking after them but this kid is the worst. Like, they've been living with me for the past 10 months and I hate this kid to the point where he makes me question wanting kids myself. Like, the entire family is shocked by just how ridiculously annoying this child is. My brother, who loves kids and loves his son, is constantly aggravated by him and I hate to think what he'd be like if he DIDN'T like kids from the get-go.

Leave a comment:

• Boo
    replied
    Originally posted by Amelia66 View Post
    Also annoying whenever a woman says they have some good/exciting news people assume she is pregnant. Like nothing else could be exciting for a woman!

Its all the hints i hate. 'oooh we would love another baby in the family' well you are going to have one yourself as its not coming from me!
    Yeah, it's made into such a big deal and their partners often get overlooked which is very sad imo. If my family said crap like that to me I wouldn't talk to them tbh. Most of my comments have come from so-called friends, co-workers, generalised comments somewhat aimed at me etc.

Originally posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    People at my work have started asking "so are you going to be having a baby soon then?" and I just point out I'm not paying so blooming much for the (delayed) honeymoon of a lifetime next summer to not be able to drink the free booze or eat all the amazing shellfish and sushi on offer! We've not had them from the families so far, I think it helps Nick is the youngest in his family and I'm even younger than him so nobody is pressurising us since the older cousins aren't down with the baby jig as of yet. It doesn't bother me too much as I do love kids and I do want them someday, but at the moment I have no idea if we'll face any issue conceiving or carrying at all, and I'm confident if we do face either issue (or quite possibly if people just ask lots anyway) my replies will be a lot less light-hearted
    I'm really shocked that people ask such personal questions, it's so weird. I remember a guy at work asking me once if I was going to have another baby after I got married and I very loudly asked if he was offering to f**k me or something as that's the only logical reason he would have to ask such a thing, he never made a comment like that again.

Not to mention people who assume and talk to me like I've only been pregnant once just because I only have one child.

People are arses over things like this, it really annoys me.

Leave a comment:

• Kaitey (:
    replied
    People at my work have started asking "so are you going to be having a baby soon then?" and I just point out I'm not paying so blooming much for the (delayed) honeymoon of a lifetime next summer to not be able to drink the free booze or eat all the amazing shellfish and sushi on offer! We've not had them from the families so far, I think it helps Nick is the youngest in his family and I'm even younger than him so nobody is pressurising us since the older cousins aren't down with the baby jig as of yet. It doesn't bother me too much as I do love kids and I do want them someday, but at the moment I have no idea if we'll face any issue conceiving or carrying at all, and I'm confident if we do face either issue (or quite possibly if people just ask lots anyway) my replies will be a lot less light-hearted

Leave a comment:

• Amelia66
    replied
    Also annoying whenever a woman says they have some good/exciting news people assume she is pregnant. Like nothing else could be exciting for a woman!

Its all the hints i hate. 'oooh we would love another baby in the family' well you are going to have one yourself as its not coming from me!

Leave a comment:

• Boo
    replied
    Originally posted by Bloodkisses View Post
    Never, ever wanted kids. I find them mildly repulsive if I'm honest - especially when they're small and sticky and grabby. I've finally, finally got to the stage where the people around me have stopped telling me that:

I'll change my mind when I get older (42, going through early stages of the change, still no tick-tock)
    I'll change my mind when I get married (no idea why they thought that would make a difference)
    I'll change my mind when I meet the right man (nope, not sure why that matters)
    Who'll look after me when I'm old?
    Why am I being selfish?

So many people feel that they have the right to judge your choices and your life when you tell them you don't have and don't want kids.

When I finally go through the change, I'll be throwing a party!
    It's disgusting how people seem to think people with wombs should have babies or that they don't know their own minds.

I've had it as well and I have a kid.

You'll want more.
    It's unfair to only have one.
    Do you not want to try for a girl?
    You'll want another one when you get near 40.
    You should give your bf a child.

And so on and so forth.

Leave a comment:

• Bloodkisses
    replied
    Never, ever wanted kids. I find them mildly repulsive if I'm honest - especially when they're small and sticky and grabby. I've finally, finally got to the stage where the people around me have stopped telling me that:

I'll change my mind when I get older (42, going through early stages of the change, still no tick-tock)
    I'll change my mind when I get married (no idea why they thought that would make a difference)
    I'll change my mind when I meet the right man (nope, not sure why that matters)
    Who'll look after me when I'm old?
    Why am I being selfish?

So many people feel that they have the right to judge your choices and your life when you tell them you don't have and don't want kids.

When I finally go through the change, I'll be throwing a party!

Leave a comment:

• Rhonut
    replied
    I don't really want kids to be honest, there's already plenty of people in the world and I'd rather focus on myself, friends, family and my own career etc first. That probably sounds really selfish but I kind of still feel a bit too young for all that parenting stuff. I think one day I will probably adopt, that way you get all the benefit of kids and can actually really help someone out who wouldn't have had much of a chance otherwise, especially if you already have a solid career and can support them through education that would have been hard for them before...

Leave a comment:

• Lelole
    replied
    Harley, I don't think anyone should feel worried about their decision not to have kids, whatever that reason is. Heaven knows that having kids is hard enough when you want them, let alone if you didn't. The kids themselves end up being the ones that suffer...

Leave a comment:

• HarleyQuinn7
    replied
    We will never have kids, I have a genetic disability that I could pass on, I would not want anyone to have to suffer this

i would rather spend my money and time on my pets, money on tattoos, piercings, take aways, watching films etc

i may not be liked for this but I don't like kids

Leave a comment:

Working...
X