No announcement yet.

Kids v No Kids

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm undecided and in no rush to make any decisions as my feelings could change but I know for the moment I wouldn't want kids, I'm only 20 years old and definitely don't feel ready for a baby, and am 100% sure that I would have an abortion if I was to fall pregnant.

But who knows what the future holds? I probably will have a baby eventually (once I get over the whole 'what do I do with this thing??' fear of babies) but the thought scares the crap out of me.

For quite a few years to come I will be more, if not completely, satisfied with just having cats

Comment

Originally posted by .Only.Streetlights. View Post
      I don't dislike children. I will never have my own children. I don't believe that with the world the way it is now that it's fair to bring a child into it. Personally I think the human race is going to face a huge shift, and very testing times that will either wipe us out or alter our way of living distractly in my life time; and I would consider myself very selfish to bring a child into that.
      +1

Comment

Depends, really. At times I don't mind kids, at times I hate them so much. The hate tends to be when I'm thinking of kittens, they make me so mad.

Comment

Me and my friend had an argument about kids when we out to dinner one night, not so much over whether we wanted them or not but what we'd do if we fell pregnant now (us being 20/21 and being in the middle of a degree).

She was determined that if she did she'd have an abortion whereas I said I'd keep it and so it went on with her saying that I was anti-abortion and that I'd look down on anyone who had one etc etc. This isn't true, I just meant that I personally wouldn't have one no matter if I got pregnant now and I wouldn't disapprove of anyone having one because it is their decision (besides that one of our friends had had one in the previous year and I'd been the only one she'd confided in about it).

She also said that if I decided to keep it now I could never provide it financially and what life would it have, plus it'd completely cock up my degree. True, I said, but it didn't mean I'd love it any less and I'd try my hardest for it, that my parents hadn't had a lot of money and me and my sister had turned out ok and degrees can be put on hold etc etc.

This all said a near miss earlier this year did make me re-evaluate what I'd previously thought.

I've always wanted kids, whether they come earlier or later. I just hope I can have them in the future.

Comment

I'm so glad I'm not the only person not interested in having children. I thought I was alone til I read this here.

Originally posted by .Only.Streetlights. View Post
            Also, I want to experience my own life without the tie of children in it. I wish to travel, and live in uninhibited for as long as I possibly can. People will tell me that I can do that with kids in my life I'm sure, but I just don't agree.

I suppose my final reason is just simply that I do not want to be a mother. The concept and idea of being pregnant repulses me. The idea of raising a child is not in the least attractive to me. I would consider it a massive hinderance and burden on my life, so I am NOT someone who should have children.

I agree with Caz. I do not feel at all maternal. When I try and think about having my own child, I just can't see it. It doesn't interest me at all. I can't say why, because I don't know. I just have no feelings towards being a mother.

Pets however, I want LOTS of! Fluffy kitties and doggies and ferrets and monkeys I would love to have lots of!

Comment

I always wanted kids

I was helping my mum look after my little sister from the age of 10 and basically raised my other little sister when I was 15 so to me having kids was just part of life I never even thought about not having kids.

I got pregnant at 20 and was so excited about it but that ended up as an ectopic pregnancy which was very very scarey, after that it took me and my hubby nearly 3 years to conceive and was only when we started having tests to find out why I wasn't getting pregnant that I feel pregnant

After that I really wanted more kids had my son 2 years later and after him decided I didn't want to have anymore kids and was going to have my tubes tied but my hubby was very nice and said he'd have the snip instead as he is older than me and the procedure is easier from a man than a woman.

I still get broody but the thought of being pregnant again actually makes me feel sick which is a strange feeling and sounds really horrible but can't help how I feel

Comment

When it comes to kiddos there's more cons than pros by a long shot. My dad wasn't around a lot when my brother was growing up so since I was 9 I've always helped with him, and it's just been more hassle than worth. Babies and kids up to the age of about 11 are disgusting and I can't bear the thought of cleaning up after them, and after that they'll get annoying. I don't even wanna be pregnant really, the thought creeps me out

Comment

No.

Unfortunetly since I was well a baby myself I've never ever had the desire to be a mum, I was always the tomboy and played with boys toys and had no interest in dolls or barbies. As I got older this no turned into a hell no and a deep paranoia and phobia. I can't look at a pregnant woman without feeling awful.

Its a shame because I do like kids, I find toddlers fascinating, I'd love to be an aunt to have my sister to have a kid. But I couldn't physically have one myself and I doubt I ever will, I've not had that maternally instinct or desire to hold a baby or to even aww at baby shoes.

I'm very for abortion, I believe if a person doesn't want to have a child for whatever reason if the technology is their they should be able to do so, I don't believe it should be used as a contreception however.

Comment

When I was younger I always said I'd never have kids, but I think most of the time it was to spite my mother when she used the 'Someday when you have kids you'll understand' card.
                    As time went on though, I realized I would eventually have them.
                    Not for another 7 years at least, but I will.
                    I don't want a lot though, only 2, and before I do I want to enjoy my marriage first.

Comment

I dont want children. My bro has a little 2 year old who is very cute etc but if anything he's just re-enforced the fact that i couldnt possibly look after him. The responsibilty is far too much for soemone like me to cope with.
                      Maybe when im older i might foster some older children but we'll see.

Comment

I do not want childern. I don't mind babies but kids I really don't like. I'm not a kid person, I have enough problems looking after myself nevermind a child. Also if I change my mind in the future then I will not under any circumstances have my own i'm adopting. That has more to do with my dysphoria though...

Comment

Originally posted by Felidae View Post
                          For quite a few years to come I will be more, if not completely, satisfied with just having cats
                          Cats beat babies any day. Cats = Awwwh... Babies = Eww...

Comment

I never liked babies or little kids and always said I never wanted any. Then when I was in my late 20s my other half was very keen on the idea so I went along with it and had two kids, three years apart. The early years were really tough and I suffered badly from depression, but now they are teenagers they're great and I love them lots. (Shame I can't say the same about my other half )

I was down the pub a short while back with a friend. A lass who used to work behind the bar was in with her new baby and the folk who own the pub had a new puppy ... my friend and I fought over whose turn it was to cuddle the puppy

Comment

The thought of a child growing inside me makes me feel sick x)
                              And the thought of vaginal tearing..

Aside from that, I'm the eldest of 7 and I'm really, really not a kid person >< I don't know if that's going to change, I'm 16, I have no idea how I'll feel in a few years, but right now, DO NOT WANT.

Comment

The thought of a child growing inside me makes me feel sick x)
                                Finally - someone else who thinks pregancy is gross. all i can think of is some sort of alien larvae growing inside me - just waiting to come bursting out. *shudder*

Comment

Working...
                                X