• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boo
    replied
    Tera peed on the bed again today.

Sigh.

We can't get her to pee for a sample either. Plan of action is to make her cross her legs all Sunday night, take her in Monday morning, see what the vet wants to do. He'll probably keep her in all day until she does something or he will have to extract it" :(

Leave a comment:

• Thehorror
    replied
    Originally posted by MxSherwood89 View Post
    Could she be having tooth pain?
    Originally posted by Hazel View Post
    My first thought as well or a problem with her mouth.

Izzy is on eye drops and had to have something to possibly kill off mites, she's been scratching like a lunatic but can't see fleas anywhere!
    Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    I would say some problems with her mouth/teeth too.
    And Hazel maybe she's still scratching because she got used to it that it became some sort of routine. If she wasnt scratching like crazy before the fleas/mites then I would keep an eye out on her and make sure she doesn't wound herself. Usually that behavior should stop after a little while if the cause of the scratching is gone.
    Hmmm maybe... didn't even think of that. She stopped doing it, but I'll get it checked out. In the mean time I'll give her some dental treats. She's not having any trouble eating.

Leave a comment:

• Boo
    replied
    Originally posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    Loki-bear wasn't very well over the weekend, but thankfully I have a friend who's a VIT (vet in training) and she gave us loads of support and advice (we would normally go to an actual vet but this was outwith vet hours and not an emergency) and he seems back to himself now thankfully
    Aw I'm glad to hear that! Give him a squish from me!

Leave a comment:

• Kaitey (:
    replied
    Loki-bear wasn't very well over the weekend, but thankfully I have a friend who's a VIT (vet in training) and she gave us loads of support and advice (we would normally go to an actual vet but this was outwith vet hours and not an emergency) and he seems back to himself now thankfully

Leave a comment:

• Boo
    replied
    My first thought was something diet-related, force of habit! Seen far too many dogs with awful skin problems related to food (Including our own but I won't go there because trying to explain that to MIL is like talking to a brick wall!)
    Could be! She's been on the same brand since weaning but I know allergies can develop over time.

We have a plan set out with the vet, if it's not settled totally in a weeks time then we'll go back and consider other things. ^_^

Leave a comment:

• MxSherwood89
    replied
    Originally posted by Hazel View Post
    It's settled a lot since the mite treatment so we're hoping it was just that She did cause a few scabs which I've treated with emu oil and they've settled too.
    My first thought was something diet-related, force of habit! Seen far too many dogs with awful skin problems related to food (Including our own but I won't go there because trying to explain that to MIL is like talking to a brick wall!)

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    No problem If I can I'll gladly help.

Leave a comment:

• Boo
    replied
    Ah that's good news! Then she will probably be oke
    Hopefully! Thanks for the advice though

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    Ah that's good news! Then she will probably be oke

Leave a comment:

• Boo
    replied
    And Hazel maybe she's still scratching because she got used to it that it became some sort of routine. If she wasnt scratching like crazy before the fleas/mites then I would keep an eye out on her and make sure she doesn't wound herself. Usually that behavior should stop after a little while if the cause of the scratching is gone.
    It's settled a lot since the mite treatment so we're hoping it was just that She did cause a few scabs which I've treated with emu oil and they've settled too.

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Boo
    replied
    My first thought as well or a problem with her mouth.

Izzy is on eye drops and had to have something to possibly kill off mites, she's been scratching like a lunatic but can't see fleas anywhere!

Leave a comment:

• MxSherwood89
    replied
    Originally posted by Thehorror View Post
    My cat is chewing on things. Like a dog. Chargers. Tables. Toys. Books. She's chewing up everything. Why is she doing this?!?!?

Leave a comment:

• Thehorror
    replied
    My cat is chewing on things. Like a dog. Chargers. Tables. Toys. Books. She's chewing up everything. Why is she doing this?!?!?

Leave a comment:

• Boo
    replied
    I don't think it needs it's own thread really

I don't dress up my pets, Izzy wears a jumper if it's cold or she'll feel it and a coat in autumn/winter weather for walks. Just bought her a new coat this weekend actually! ^_^

Leave a comment:

Working...
X