Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bollatay
    replied
    Poor Cracker dog has a bad cough. There's nothing we or the vet can do for him. :(

Leave a comment:

• Boo
    replied
    Originally posted by Thehorror View Post
    Weird dog is weird. She hates the bathroom but as soon as you turn off the shower she howls to be let in so she an lick
    your legs
    Yup mine is obsessed with licking wet legs lol

Leave a comment:

• catface
    replied
    There are loads of cats here. Some just strays but some wear collars and I assume have probably been neutered. A lady comes round every day with buckets of food to feed them. They follow her around crying for the food. She's like the Pied Piper!

Leave a comment:

• kitebunny
    replied
    Jasmine cat says emu oil is DELICIOUS but the tea tree cream, not so much. The cream also dries like glue, it stuck her bodysock to her again
    It's just me here this morning so ministering to her is difficult.

Leave a comment:

• Firedrake
    replied
    Hahaha my dog does that, she won't come in unless you're out and dripping! Also she sits outside the bathroom and talks to me when I'm putting my makeup on, not sure what that's about.

Leave a comment:

• Thehorror
    replied
    Weird dog is weird. She hates the bathroom but as soon as you turn off the shower she howls to be let in so she an lick
    your legs

Leave a comment:

• kitebunny
    replied
    I've got normal Asda honey?

I think what we'll keep doing is smear the cream on then put her bodysock back over it so she can't lick it off immediately, give it a chance to soak in. Maximum contact time, minimum getting licked off. I'll also keep a close eye on her when her bodysock is off.

Leave a comment:

• Boo
    replied
    I posted before but I dunno where it's gone!

Be careful of that anti itch cream, some reports of cats vomiting/shaking after licking it.

For an open wound aloe vera or saline gel are good. I wouldn't like to put anything else on something open really.

Leave a comment:

• MxSherwood89
    replied
    Manuka honey? Probably a bit late now lol

I know a lot of bunnies owners swear by it to help healing wounds.
    Last edited by MxSherwood89; 05-14-2015, 06:32 PM.

Leave a comment:

• kitebunny
    replied
    We've just been down the pet shop and got some anti-itch cream that's got tea tree oil and some other reasonably natural stuff in. I don't think it's really intended for wounds (I don't think any of them are) but does say it's for application on irritated areas and the lady I asked said it was probably the best of the products they stock - there's also a spray that's basically the same - so we'll see how it goes.
    I don't know what it tastes like but it smells very "medicinal" so probably tastes awful. Or so I hope.

Fingers crossed.

I'll keep the emu oil to hand as well.

Leave a comment:

• Boo
    replied
    Originally posted by kitebunny View Post
    Does anyone know of anything I can safely put on an itchy not-fully-healed wound on a cat? :( Poor Jasmine is itchy as hell and driving us (and herself) daft with it. She's going to lick and scratch herself raw if we can't do something.
    Bathing it with SSS is not having much effect except annoying her, so I'm wondering if there's maybe a spray we can get at the pet shop?

... or emu oil perhaps?

I've also got coconut oil which is safe for her to lick but I don't know if it'll do anything for the wound.
    Emu oil is fine, as the wound isn't healed I wouldn't use coconut oil.

Leave a comment:

• beautiful-disaster
    replied
    i think coconut oil is meant to be quite good for wounds and such apparently... could all but try i guess

i swear, coconut oil is magic stuff haha

Leave a comment:

• kitebunny
    replied
    Does anyone know of anything I can safely put on an itchy not-fully-healed wound on a cat? :( Poor Jasmine is itchy as hell and driving us (and herself) daft with it. She's going to lick and scratch herself raw if we can't do something.
    Bathing it with SSS is not having much effect except annoying her, so I'm wondering if there's maybe a spray we can get at the pet shop?

... or emu oil perhaps?

I've also got coconut oil which is safe for her to lick but I don't know if it'll do anything for the wound.

Leave a comment:

• Boo
    replied
    Squeee!! All the cute dogs!!

Leave a comment:

• Kaitey (:
    replied
    Originally posted by bollatay View Post
    Awww adorable I love dachshund hounds. How did you survive seeing a pup?! I think I'd be on the floor cuddling him in an instant!
    It took all my willpower! If it had come anywhere near our table I probably would have put it in my rucksack

Leave a comment:

Working...
X