Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thehorror
    replied
    After having a sebaceous gland cyst removed from her head last week, a mast cell tumor removed from her toe last week, and her thyroid gland and related tumor removed today, my dog Stella shall hereby be known as "Frankenstella"

Leave a comment:

• TriTerr
    replied
    I've got a number of pets! Two rat terriers, a black kitty, two ferrets, a horse, a leopard gecko, and a sand boa. Love them all!

I ride dressage on my horse. We used to show back when I was in high school, and I've been trying to get back at it since. We do conformation showing with both of my dogs, and I'm working towards agility and obedience with one of them. Will probably start the other one next year. My cat was the "feral kitten special" at my undergrad campus. She was five weeks old when captured, and despite being super friendly has never quite fully learned her social skills. She bites when she gets overstimulated, and she tries to steal my food. I got my ferrets at 1 and 2 years old from a lady who couldn't keep them anymore. Super fun guys, though my male is deaf. My leopard gecko has followed me around through various college dorms and apartments over the years and has more personality than most would expect from a lizard. I've always wanted a snake and my dad wouldn't let me have one, so Newton the sand boa is my most recent addition

Leave a comment:

• catface
    replied
    Ahhhh I love this little babu

Leave a comment:

• MxSherwood89
    replied
    Originally posted by kitebunny View Post
    What can I use to keep my cat's ears clean at home? With a missing foreleg she can't clean the ear on that side by herself. Do I need special ear cleaner?

Thought I'd ask before it gets really manky
    Tbh if her ears are clean already then a quick wipe every day with a damp cotton pad should be fine.

Leave a comment:

• kitebunny
    replied
    Oh yeah, best part of pregnancy is the litter box ban I'm glad she went back onto raw food so easily, her tinned-food poos stunk the house out!

... someone on another forum has suggested colloidal silver? Yay/nay? I know nothing about it, what strength to get etc?

Leave a comment:

• Thehorror
    replied
    Yes and it comes in great form :-) I think A+D ointment works but confirm with professional

Now don't you be touching those litter boxes! You probably shouldn't go to the vet either!

Leave a comment:

• kitebunny
    replied
    I think we might be taking her to the vet soon anyway, she's still licking this one patch on her shoulder raw at every opportunity and I can't find any definite information on what to put on it (if anything) to stop the itch and break the habit. We're back to bodysocks again and it looks like she'll be staying "clothed" until it heals and the fur starts to grow back - which given the regrowth rate on the rest of her body will be several months.

Is there any such thing as hair, skin & nails vitamin supplements for cats? :P

Leave a comment:

• Thehorror
    replied
    Yeah you have to make sure it doesn't have tea tree oil cuz that can kill them. But they do make cat safe ear cleaner

Leave a comment:

• Boo
    replied
    Originally posted by kitebunny View Post
    What can I use to keep my cat's ears clean at home? With a missing foreleg she can't clean the ear on that side by herself. Do I need special ear cleaner?

You can get special ear cleaner, I'd have a chat with your vet as to what's best for her.

Leave a comment:

• kitebunny
    replied

Leave a comment:

• lauren1987
    replied
    Again, not my dog, but Oscar is getting so big now!

Leave a comment:

• Thehorror
    replied
    I'm laying on the couch... Stella was curled up behind my legs, and I was patting the cat. Stella jumps up, snarls, and curls up on my head to sleep. The cat hisses at her and bails.

She's still on my head. This can't be comfortable... I'm not comfortable...

UPDATE: she sneezed and fell off
    Last edited by Thehorror; 05-15-2015, 07:56 PM.

Leave a comment:

• rattigan
    replied
    Seriously, look at this face! Chester is such a handsome man!

]

Leave a comment:

• rattigan
    replied
    Originally posted by bollatay View Post
    Poor Cracker dog has a bad cough. There's nothing we or the vet can do for him. :(
    I know it won't help with the heart problem, but maybe some runny honey to help with the harshness on the throat.

Leave a comment:

• Thehorror
    replied
    Can your vet give tramadol? It's a painkiller, but it helped take the edge off for my dog when she had a bad cough from congestive heart failure.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X