General Relationship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kaitey (: View Post
    Did I post that in totally the wrong thread?! LOL clearly a bit out of it with this cold still!!!!
    You did but I knew what you meant lol!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel View Post
      Maybe so hun, I still feel sorry for them though.

Bf's ring wasn't a good fit so we went with another. I'm still working out what kind of ring I want, I wouldn't mind an opal and diamond ring but opals are a lot softer than diamonds....hmm, decisions. I'm very likely to get someone to commission one for me anyway,
      I love opals. My friend has the most beautiful opal and diamond engagement ring. I actually couldn't stop looking at and touching it when she finally got it back from the jewellers!

Comment

• Originally posted by catface View Post
        I love opals. My friend has the most beautiful opal and diamond engagement ring. I actually couldn't stop looking at and touching it when she finally got it back from the jewellers!
        Awesome! My mum got one on her 30th wedding anniversary. We've both liked them for as long as I can remember, most of my body jewellery is faux-opal as well.

What kind of opal did your friend go with? I think either a white one but then some of the bluer Boulder opals are stunning too!

Comment

• Awww Congratulations Hazel!! So happy for you!

Comment

• Omg! Big congratulations lady! xx

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel View Post
              Awesome! My mum got one on her 30th wedding anniversary. We've both liked them for as long as I can remember, most of my body jewellery is faux-opal as well.

What kind of opal did your friend go with? I think either a white one but then some of the bluer Boulder opals are stunning too!
              I'm not sure what kind it is, it's oval shaped and it's mainly a green colour then obviously with the other colours flecked in it!

Comment

• Originally posted by sparklyweirdo View Post
                Awww Congratulations Hazel!! So happy for you!
                Originally posted by Lyssssa :) View Post
                Omg! Big congratulations lady! xx
                Thank you guys!!

Originally posted by catface View Post
                I'm not sure what kind it is, it's oval shaped and it's mainly a green colour then obviously with the other colours flecked in it!
                Aww sounds so pretty!!! The colour shifts are what draws me to them I think.

Comment

• Congratulations Hazel!

Off on a date tonight, and have a few lined up. My boyfriend broke up with me in November as he feels he's not himself anymore and just wants to be alone, we're going to try being friends when we can be but for now we're seeing how it goes without each other. There's more to it than that but I won't bore with the details. So obviously after being with him nearly 4 and a half years I'm totally not looking for anything yet, but a few dates and the opportunity to meet some people and just have fun instead of sitting in my room heartbroken seems like the way to go. And these are tinder dates so I'm really not expecting much haha. But they seem interesting and hopefully I'll be able to make a new friend or two, and if not then it's no loss.

Comment

• Thanks Becky.

Sounds like a good plan you've got going on there. Do be cautious of the staying friends with your ex bit. It's ok later on down the line but many of often do/suggest that as a means to keep their guilt at bay. Not to say he's guilty of something but splitting with someone can make you feel guilty for making the other person sad.

Hopefully that made sense :/

Comment

• Yeah that made sense, thanks

Well we both still love each other and still want to be together but he said right now it doesn't feel right as the idea of him wanting to spend a lot of time by himself makes him feel bad for being unfair on me, and so we both decided it was for the best. He doesn't feel right in himself and he's trying to sort that out. And we're going for a meal in February as it was planned as a special day (not Valentine's or anything like that), and I know it could make things worse so it'll just be a case of seeing how I feel next month. But other than that meal there's no contact whatsoever so we can both move on from it. I mean we could get back together as he's done nothing wrong at all, and he said what he wants is for him to get out of this mindset he's in and for me to take him back but I'm just not thinking about that or considering it as a possibility, because mine or his feelings could change, or things just may not be the same. I'm simply taking everything in a 'who knows what could happen' attitude. No matter what everything will be ok.

Sorry for the ramble.

Comment

• Makes sense and I will only say just be careful and out yourself first. That said I want the best for you cos I'm totally biased and don't know him lol!

Please do ramble away, it can really help <3

Comment

• Thank you and I shall. And the break gave me the kick I needed to finally sort myself out mentally. I'd been struggling with anxiety and depression for years and he helped me so much and I was so close to beating it, and now I finally have! But I'm still going to have counselling to talk out and try and deal with everything I possibly can so I can get as far away from it as I can. Haha he knows it's a lot to ask for us to get back together after him not wanting a relationship for now as he doesn't know how long that will last, it's almost annoying that he's been so kind and understanding - would be easier if I could hate him haha, but then again maybe not!

Thanks again <3

Comment

• No problem hun, always here ^_^

Comment

• Argh my brain is mashed.

Comment

• You okay Becky?

Comment

Working...
                                X