General Relationship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hazel View Post
    Could be worse, you could live with him and have him hovering over you for 5 weeks, crying and begging you and waking you up in the night wailing etc (sigh)

Can you get someone else to return it or leave it somewhere for him?
    Yeah we have a mutual friend whom I'll probably give it to

Comment

• Originally posted by Thehorror View Post
      Yeah we have a mutual friend whom I'll probably give it to
      Sounds like a good plan

Comment

• I broke up with my ex over the phone (this was 8 years ago). Honestly our relationship was going no where, he didn't trust me in the slightest (he would constantly ask me who I was talking to online, would snoop on my computer to see if there was anything incriminating), he treated me like a child. At one point he even manipulated me into having sex with him after I said no, by saying I didn't love him if I didn't (which is what my Dad had said to my Mum, and they split up recently at that time, so he knew what he was doing by saying that). The funny thing is during the beginning of our relationship he broke up with me because he felt I was getting too jealous and didn't want that drama in his life. But I wasn't allowed to have male friends or anything. He'd always be sulking when I came back and start questioning me. He'd also got annoyed I said he was my boyfriend to my family when we first went out because you don't make it official until you've tried each other out for a bit... wat.

I didn't break up with him until I met my partner who I'm with now. We were friends, but our feelings for each other were growing more and this was just when we spoke online. We had a lot in common and we'd stay up all night talking and playing online games. He was at University with me so I'd kinda met him and spoke to him in person a few times, but we were both very awkward and shy. I met him properly the second year of Uni and hung out with him and I really connected with him, but nothing would have happened if I stayed with my ex, so I broke up with him. I think meeting someone better finally gave me a wake up call that I don't need to stick with someone because I "can't find anyone better". I deserved better. I didn't deserve to be treated like a child, like I was there just to give him pleasure, that I wasn't trustworthy for daring to have male friends. After we broke up I found him chatting up girls while talking shit about me at the same time. He couldn't even remember what course I was doing at Uni or even when my Birthday was. Warning signs I all missed.

I honestly do wonder if maybe my ex was projecting his desire to cheat onto me though.

Um, yeah, sorry for the rant! XD

Comment

It is, I even welcome people to talk about the relationships they have with friends in this thread.

What's wrong with the word "date"?
          I suppose date implies some kind of expectation or pressure on a situation. I prefer just viewing it as two people hanging out.....even though the obvious connotations attached to the meet up are obvious.

It's mostly be being pedantic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole90 View Post
            I suppose date implies some kind of expectation or pressure on a situation. I prefer just viewing it as two people hanging out.....even though the obvious connotations attached to the meet up are obvious.

It's mostly be being pedantic.
            Nothing wrong with that lol!

Comment

• Turns out sometimes you have to go all the way to the other side of the world to find someone from home I haven't felt like this in a long time!

Comment

• things are so perfect.

Comment

• Yay! (He said yes).

Comment

• Congrats Hazel!

Comment

Yay! (He said yes).

I squeed so much when I first saw this, so happy for you! ^_^

Comment

• YAY So happy for both of you! Xxxxx

Comment

• Thanks guys!! <3

Comment

• I think in the case of the post you shared it's mostly jealousy, it's like the ones which attack people for posting about gifts at Christmas etc etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaitey (: View Post
                              I think in the case of the post you shared it's mostly jealousy, it's like the ones which attack people for posting about gifts at Christmas etc etc.
                              Maybe so hun, I still feel sorry for them though.

Bf's ring wasn't a good fit so we went with another. I'm still working out what kind of ring I want, I wouldn't mind an opal and diamond ring but opals are a lot softer than diamonds....hmm, decisions. I'm very likely to get someone to commission one for me anyway,

Comment

• Did I post that in totally the wrong thread?! LOL clearly a bit out of it with this cold still!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X