No announcement yet.

General Relationship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having genuine reasons isn't really ignoring him, but yeah, it's best to get it over with then you know where you both stand.

Comment

• If you're avoiding doing it you'll be able to make an excuse for every week of the year, I mean it's nearly Christmas and who wants to dump someone just before Christmas?! Then it's new year, then back to classes.. Before you know it you're looking at Valentine's Day! It's definitely an easy task to put off but best done ASAP

Comment

• Thanks guys. I'll try to do it this week!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaitey (: View Post
          If you're avoiding doing it you'll be able to make an excuse for every week of the year, I mean it's nearly Christmas and who wants to dump someone just before Christmas?! Then it's new year, then back to classes.. Before you know it you're looking at Valentine's Day! It's definitely an easy task to put off but best done ASAP
          Wise words ^_^

eA very good friend at the time literally pushed m into breaking up with my ex because I kept on finding excuses. I'm glad she did in the end, she wasn't nasty but she didn't mince her words either.
          Last edited by Boo; 12-14-2015, 01:39 AM. Reason: damn typo

Comment

• It just reminded me of my old Slimming Worl consultant's advice about finding excuses not to get on plan and she would point out how easy it can be to make excuses for ever week/day if we tried to; it's the week before Christmas I'm too busy, it's practically Christmas no point getting on plan now, it IS Christmas, we have loads of leftovers I might as well eat them, these chocolates/sweets/cheeses were gifts I can't just bin them etc etc. Seemed very applicable to this situation as well! (Obviously these examples are about eating and are just to illustrate my point!)

Comment

• Or to put it very simply "I'll do it tomorrow". Say that every day and you'll never do it lol

Comment

• I did it! Over the phone but I did it! I almost texted him but my roommates mom wouldn't let me

Comment

• Originally posted by Thehorror View Post
                  I did it! Over the phone but I did it! I almost texted him but my roommates mom wouldn't let me
                  Hope it went ok. I agree with the mom, I wouldn't have let you do it by text either. I proud you got it over with though

Comment

• I think he may have started crying. Not sure.

I need to return his water bottle...

Comment

I think he may have started crying. Not sure.

I need to return his water bottle...
                      Could be worse, you could live with him and have him hovering over you for 5 weeks, crying and begging you and waking you up in the night wailing etc (sigh)

Can you get someone else to return it or leave it somewhere for him?

Comment

I did it! Over the phone but I did it! I almost texted him but my roommates mom wouldn't let me
                        I actually broke up with my ex via text. It wasn't intentional; I had intended to break up with him face to face, but we were in a long distance relationship and I wanted to give him fair warning that we needed a serious talk before he made the trip down. He flipped his sh!t and accused me of cheating on him (he was basing this on nothing more than the fact that I was 'so pretty that I could have anyone' and 'what else would I need to tell him'? Bare in mind this is the same guy who tried to have webcam sex with his ex while he was with me and asked if he could hire a prostitute while he was in Amsterdam. Essentially, he was projecting his own flaws on to me; because he would happily cheat if he could ever find a girl crazy enough to sleep with him, then I was definitely cheating as there were guys who wanted to sleep with me... >_>)

I decided I couldn't be bothered with his silly little tantrums any more and told him to not bother coming down to visit after all. I think he technically broke it off with me via text, but, eh. It's not a great way to break up, but in the case of that relationship it was probably for the best.

Comment

• Not strictly relationship related but.....I may possibly be going on my first "date" (I really hate that term) in over a year.

Comment

• I accidentally broke up with my ex over Facebook message. I wanted to do it face to face, because I thought doing it over message was disrespectful, so asked him to meet up with me the next day. I didn't want him to think it was just a normal meet up, though, so I told him I had to speak to him about something. He immediately asked if I was breaking up with him and I told him I would tell him tomorrow, but he said that others have said the same thing then broken up with him. He knew I was going to break up with him, so I thought there was no point in delaying it and prolonging it for him, and ended up just doing it over message.

~

I'm in a pretty awkward situation at the moment. I seem to be getting in a lot of these situations lately. Two Saturdays ago when I was at a club, I met a guy and we kissed. I ended up going out with him the Monday after and we kissed again. He ended up coming home with me that night, but nothing happened. I was drunk both times and I thought it was just a bit of fun, but he seems to think it's something serious. Since then, he's been constantly messaging me on Facebook. He's just so full on and forward. The next day, he asked me if we were "a thing", despite us only knowing each other for three days at that point. I was supposed to be meeting up with him today, which I was considering cancelling because he made it seem like it would be a "date" and I don't really think I'm interested in him the way he seems to be in me, but then my flatmates planned for us to go out for carvery, so I told him I couldn't go because I was going out with my flatmates. He asked if we could meet up tomorrow, but I can't because I'm doing something tomorrow. Then he asked if I had to go and I said yes - it's not like I can be the only person from my flat to not go out with them because I'm meeting up with a guy. That would make me seem like I don't care about my flatmates and like I'm not making an effort. He asked if I couldn't just tell them I have other plans, which is hardly an option. He's messaged me tonight saying he's at a friends house and got his wifi code just so he could message me. Also, we're both virgins and he keeps strongly implying that he's desperate to lose his virginity to me. Like sometimes I would be complaining about revision and I'd say that I can think of various other things I'd rather do (not meaning anything dirty by that), and he would reply like "Me too" with a winky face... I don't know, it's just creepy. But I feel like an awful person and like I've led him on. I guess I just need to stop kissing people when I'm drunk. :/

Also, there's a guy I can't stop thinking about even though I haven't even known him a month and, in that time, I've already cried once because of him. He messed up a bit and then I messed things up between us, and I've recently noticed that he's deleted me on Facebook. That's absolutely pathetic and I shouldn't care, but I really do, and I feel guilty for what I did even though he upset me first. :(

Basically, I have quite a few guy issues and it's all very confusing. I had hardly any experience with guys before uni, so it's all very new to me. I guess I'll be relieved to have a break from all this when I go home for Christmas.
                            Last edited by ThatPsycho; 12-16-2015, 12:51 AM.

Comment

• I had an ex break up with me by text, the day before I came back from CERN, couldn't even wait a day to do it in person! I was rather annoyed. Although I'll take that over the ex who wouldn't let me break up with him, for over a year, and even after still considered me being with anyone else "cheating on him"!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mole90 View Post
                                Not strictly relationship related but.....I may possibly be going on my first "date" (I really hate that term) in over a year.
                                It is, I even welcome people to talk about the relationships they have with friends in this thread.

What's wrong with the word "date"?

Comment

Working...
                                X