No announcement yet.

General Relationship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh christ, I'm meeting my boyfriend's parents in about a month. I'm scared. Both his previous girlfriends have been the chilled out tomboy types with more balls than him. I'm a dramatic emotional girly girl. They're gonna hate me. Which sucks, because most parents love me.

Comment

• they will love the change!!!!

Comment

• I always find if ur generally happy and polite, they will llove u no matter what! Good luck with it!

Comment

• I was polite to my ex's parents, and they hated me because they thought I was super super posh like the queen.
          I'm from peterborough :| aha.. I'm not that posh :P
          Anyway, they felt like I looked down on them because I showed them manners :|
          I didn't like that at all :(

Comment

• Originally posted by Youki-Hi View Post
            Oh christ, I'm meeting my boyfriend's parents in about a month. I'm scared. Both his previous girlfriends have been the chilled out tomboy types with more balls than him. I'm a dramatic emotional girly girl. They're gonna hate me. Which sucks, because most parents love me.

They'll love you.

Comment

• Parents. Eek. You'll be fiiiine

Comment

• Originally posted by black_thorn View Post
                I was polite to my ex's parents, and they hated me because they thought I was super super posh like the queen.
                I'm from peterborough :| aha.. I'm not that posh :P
                Anyway, they felt like I looked down on them because I showed them manners :|
                I didn't like that at all :(
                i get called posh all the time too! i feel like taking a picture of the average peterborough citizen and showing it to the people that call me a posh git. i guess stamford is slightly better, but still not great :|

luckily my boyfriend's parents are lovely and it kind of worked in my favour that i met them before i had many piercings and i kind of got more and more along the way.

on wednesday it was me and my boyfriend's 3yr3month anniversary it sounds more impressive by saying 39month anniversary though :P

Comment

• My friend said I have a very British accent actually. I sound posh compared to the majority of Portsmouthers, and yeah I'm a true portsmouther, born and raised!

Comment

• His mum's a linguistic expert so I think the fact I sound posh and use grammar correctly and appropriately is going to be a positive thing for me when meeting her. Apparantly his dad hates everyone though. Ah well, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Oh and I discovered that the Irish guy who completely broke my heart is still like completely in love with me. hahahaha....I win.

Comment

• leah thinks i sound posh

Comment

• I sound posh. But according to Al i have a slight Birmingham twang :P

Comment

• It's cause your from Stratford. The leamington accent is posh Brummie apparently. I don't know what I sound like!

Comment

• Yeah, Stratford is pretty posh.. :P but i have Brummie friends and my parents work in Birmingham so i do get the odd slip up, haha.
                            I would say Leamington's pretty much the same as me from what I've heard!

Comment

• I've been with my boyfriend now for about 4 years or so, we're 'unofficially' engaged but our wedding is scheduled for after the baby is born (due date October 12th!) on Halloween!

Also, I'm in the states now but I was born in Munich, people here seem to think I sound funny, someone said that I sounded arrogant once even though I was being respectful x.x
                              Last edited by lizzlamore; 06-22-2008, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• lizzlamore, congrats on the baby! hope everything goes well in October!

Re to the accent convo: Im from London, and my boyfriend is from Macclesfield/Manchester, so we always poke fun at each other when our accents are strong on certain words xP The north south divide just adds interest in our relationship xD
                                We always debate over the breakfast/lunch/dinner thing, as he says it should be breakfast/dinner/tea :O anyways... haha xP

ooo, 20 days till it's mine and tom's first anniversary! x) yays

Comment

Working...
                                X