No announcement yet.

General Relationship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is no way in hell I could even think about have an LDR any time soon. I have minimal time to myself as it is. I'm just a big fat loner and loving it!

Comment

• Me and Chris geographically don't have a LDR but sometimes its like we do, our schedules totally clash now he's at uni so I only see him once or twice a week no compared to the 5 days a week in school and 6 days a week out of school we saw each other before

Comment

• It's definitely possible to LDR, but it requires a lot of faith.

I know I've had them before, and it's never easy, but can be really fulfilling.

Comment

• TBH my last LDR was great! Not saying I hate them. But I have a lot of work to do this year at college. I don't have time for all that fuss :( I'm taking archaeology in a year, I can't write essays properly and 80% of the entire A level I'm doing in June. Can't retake, no going back. I don't even like it that much!

I need a B

Comment

• Im sick of relationships to be honest, their annoying...

Comment

• What really sucks is when you both put in so much effort to make long distance work, all for nothing lol.

I'd been seeing Danielle most days for 2 years before uni. Spent year and a half at uni and we made it work. Came back from uni and it lasted a year before she cheated on me. If i'd been single at uni i might have enjoyed it more to be honest.

Comment

• I think my LDR (or what should be known as a 'long distance is this a relationship?') is pretty much over, but I don't want it to be and he wont end it either so we're going round and round in circles arguing and blah.. big massive sighs for how crap life is right now.

Comment

• The only advice (not that you asked for it lol) is to end it. Dragging it out hurts like a mofo.

Though i'm finally genuinely feeling glad i'm not with Danielle anymore. Not to say i don't miss her but omfg i am out of her league haha.

Comment

• Agreed with Tom.
                    Honestly, looking back, I realize me and my ex should have broken up right when we found out he was moving.
                    But being young and in love *sigh*
                    Besides making it easy and ending it then, we should have ended it a couple months before I cheated on him.
                    Half the reason was that he never had time to call me, and when he did, we rarely had anything to say to each other.
                    Should have been a sign right then.
                    But then I cheated on him, we just had to stay together another month before we broke up the first time, had to get back together again 3 months later when he came to visit, break up once more 7 months later, get back together AGAIN 2 months later, go on a break 4 or 5 months later, and THEN end it for the last time shortly after.
                    Gah, it was just way to drawn out, long story short.
                    A lot of pain could have been saved if we'd only ended it once the distance became a problem.
                    You should do the same and save what is left of your relationship if you can.

Comment

• Meh, it's complicated.. I know (for his sake) I should end it now, we talk all day every day and he makes me so happy.. but he's got these 'issues' about being with me now.. and he wont own up to them.. and i am so starved for affection, and he doesn't seem to understand how hard this is for me..

I try and be so supportive hoping we're going to have some kind of breakthrough.. but as soon as I show a sign of being stressed or upset by it, all hell breaks loose.

I just know it COULD be so good..

In conclusion.. I'm weak.

Comment

• I know what you mean.

There would be times with me and my ex when there would be a lot of affection and things would go pretty well (as well as they can with someone you saw twice in the span of almost 2 and a half years) and I couldn't even imagine us not being together.
                        And then there would be times when I got tired of his bullsh*t and decided we need to break up, but then the next time I talked to him realize I couldn't because of how much I loved him.
                        After we broke up we both realized we were kidding ourselves and knew it would never work, but it was both of our first serious relationship so it was really hard.

All that being said, you should really talk about these issues with your boyfriend.
                        If you don't, they're just going to get worse, or you'll try and kid yourself into thinking they don't exist and end up cracking later.

Comment

• Its not weak to have aspiration for this relationship.

But i was very much in a similar position to you. I had much higher hopes than her. I truly hope it works out better for you. The troubles we put ourselves through were a major contribution to a break down i had, and now i look back, it just wasn't worth it.

*turns radio off* Frank Turner reminds me of said bitch.

Oh yeah, if you end it sooner you'll be able to keep fond memories rather than having them stained with everything that went wrong afterwards.

Comment

• Originally posted by HELLS_MoNkEy View Post
                            Its not weak to have aspiration for this relationship.

But i was very much in a similar position to you. I had much higher hopes than her. I truly hope it works out better for you. The troubles we put ourselves through were a major contribution to a break down i had, and now i look back, it just wasn't worth it.

*turns radio off* Frank Turner reminds me of said bitch.

Oh yeah, if you end it sooner you'll be able to keep fond memories rather than having them stained with everything that went wrong afterwards.
                            Bold parts are exactly how it is.
                            That is all.

Comment

• I don't know, I think it's gone past the point of fond memories being salvaged from the situation and moving on..

I think if it ends here, i'll just feel cheated.. I put all this time in, I put my life on hold for someone I could never actually have. It's been 9 months I think.. I'm kind of in the mindset of 'I've been doing it this long, I can keep going'.. i don't want to break myself.. not yet.

If he ends it with me, I can at least have some kind of moral high ground to keep me focused.. bleurgh, it all sounds like one big game.. I don't DO relationships (perhaps why I secretly like the way we work, aside from my lonely moments).

At the end of the day, I'm happier, so much happier, than I was before this started and I love him..

I don't know if this is all linked to other situations I've worked through with people.. or if it's me, just scared to let go of a fantasy.

Thank you for the advice though.. I will TRY and talk to him about it tomorrow.. (later today)

Comment

• hmmm. Best to feel cheated out of 9 months than 2 years, 4 years, 10 years so on, so on.

I wasted a 5th of my life so far on Danielle ha.

Comment

Working...
                                X