No announcement yet.

General Relationship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few weeks or months isn't long enough. Stay broken up, if you didn't feel it was right then it'll just ed up hurting both of you to get together in a couple of weeks or months and start the process over again. If in a few years you two come together then that's different. It might just be that it's not the right time for you two...you're both really young. But you've thought about this break up for a long time and it's not going to help anyone getting back together.

Comment

• I think I'm just venting really and it's the guilt talking. I doubt we'll get back together anytime soon, it'd be just cruel to play with his feelings like that. I just feel so bad, I've never done anything like this before and it's absolutely the worst thing ever.

Comment

• Everyones breakin' up! :( sad times!
        sorry guys, hope it all works out for you! x

Comment

• I think I'm in a similar place as you Rosie... I have just officially parted with my (ex) fiance.

We are now on a break, he has moved most of his stuff out. However, I know it's the right thing to do. We both need some time, but we're still on good terms. If things come right in the future then so be it, but at the moment it's looking unlikely.

Time is what you need to be able to analyse the situation objectively. You can't see the wood for the trees when you're caught up in the situation.

Comment

• Congrats to Caz and Stu!

And hope things work out for you, Jane and Rosie.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigredfish View Post
              I think I'm in a similar place as you Rosie... I have just officially parted with my (ex) fiance.

We are now on a break, he has moved most of his stuff out. However, I know it's the right thing to do. We both need some time, but we're still on good terms. If things come right in the future then so be it, but at the moment it's looking unlikely.

Time is what you need to be able to analyse the situation objectively. You can't see the wood for the trees when you're caught up in the situation.
              Couldn't agree more. Shame I'm impatient hah.

Sounds like we are in similiar boats though. Sorry to hear it's not working too well and I hope that whatever it results in leaves you happy.

He's being so nice about it, saying as long as I'm happy he's happy and etc. It's making me feel so much worse. I think I'd rather him have yelled at me and stormed out my house in a rage and we have no contact for a few weeks. He text me about ten minutes ago asking how I was, and I said bad and he said same and apparently his family were gutted and his younger sister was crying about it, which made me cry about ten times harder. I don't think I can cry much more now though.

EDIT: Thanks Laura and Sam
              Last edited by ciderxwithxrosie; 11-09-2009, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• Things are going well with Sarah. Yes indeed.

Comment

• Argh....I'm so incredbily....frustrated.

Because of all sorts of factors (having to stay in my tiny single bed literally inches away from my sister on my birthday, not being able to stay at his overnight for the past howeverlong, him being really stressed) we've not done much snuggling recently. When I popped up last Thursday to have a look around the place he found we did have a nice long....snuggle...then and that was really nice. But I feel so much more frustrated than I ever did when I was single. This is crazy. And unfortunately a 250 mile journey (there and back) for a booty call is just not possible now he has a job. I'm going to have to go and buy some new batteries me thinks.

Sorry if that was too much info or whatever, mods feel free to delete this post or ask me to, I just needed to vent somewhere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Youki-Hi View Post
                    Argh....I'm so incredbily....frustrated.

Because of all sorts of factors (having to stay in my tiny single bed literally inches away from my sister on my birthday, not being able to stay at his overnight for the past howeverlong, him being really stressed) we've not done much snuggling recently. When I popped up last Thursday to have a look around the place he found we did have a nice long....snuggle...then and that was really nice. But I feel so much more frustrated than I ever did when I was single. This is crazy. And unfortunately a 250 mile journey (there and back) for a booty call is just not possible now he has a job. I'm going to have to go and buy some new batteries me thinks.

Sorry if that was too much info or whatever, mods feel free to delete this post or ask me to, I just needed to vent somewhere.

i know how u feel, even though me a Nick live in the same house we havnt had any close 'contact' since wednesday... kisses an... well sex is out of the question due to him havin swine flu an him not wanting to pass it on. Sometimes i really do feel like whippin out the old batery powered assistant to give me a hand, but... i dunno its not the same, its not even a close second to havin him wrap his arms round me, feeling him lower himself down to my height an givin me a deep loving kiss.

Comment

• Yeah, it really isn't the same. *sigh*

I'm really looking forward to us living together.

Comment

• Sexual frustration is annoying.

I don't really deal with it much anymore as me and Brandon make time at least once a week, but when I was with my ex I went over a year without sex. ><

Comment

• Oh dear. Now I feel like a total nympho. I'd get annoyed if we were together and it went for an entire week. If I had my way it'd be a couple of times a day. I think I'm just an odd girl though. None of my friends seem to enjoy sex at all. They seem to view it as a necessary hazzard of a relationship.

I can't imagine going a whole year. I've done it before with an ex but we didn't do anything in the first place so I didn't know what I was missing, making it less of an issue.

Comment

• I mean, I would prefer to do so a couple times a day myself, but sometimes I feel depressed so my sex drive is down, or he's busy with video games (arrgh) or my roommate is in the room, etc.

Seriously, it was one of the worst things of my life. Everyone around me was getting laid and I had to hear about it. ><
                            I only got action from two different people before having sex again too, all and all within an 8 month period, so I had to go 6 months with nothing!

Comment

• I think it depends a lot on the person you're with. I've been with people who I seem to always be in the mood to do things with and others who I'm just not really too fussed.

Sex isn't necessary in a relationship, but I think it's a good indication of general intimacy

Comment

• Am I right in thinking you just said you cheated during that year without any sex? Or have I misunderstood something?

Because if you weren't with your boyfriend that's nothing, I've gone longer periods. It's just different when you're single. IMO anyway.

Comment

Working...
                                X