No announcement yet.

General Relationship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• same here dom, i thought i was pretty independent but i'm really not.... i give the impression of being fine when i'm single, but being single is just when i'm looking for a guy! i'm never happy when i'm not with someone. i envy the people who don't look for partners cause they're perfectly fine by themselves.

Comment

• It didn't sound snotty at all. I personally think that having a long period being single is a good thing. Ever since I started dating I've only ever had very short periods of being single. someone's always stepped up to fill the gap quite quickly. So when I broke up properly with the Irish guy and we like properly properly decided to never ever speak ever again I was single for just over a year when I met Simon. And I honestly am glad I had that year off. I would have just gone with my normal "bad boy" type and been dating some guy who was completely wrong for me but very hot and whom my friends all hated. It's nice having a break to get your head sorted.

Comment

• I wasn't good at being single either, I felt realy alone, now with Nick for 2 years, going great!! couldn't want anyone nicer Glad that I am happy again after being in a dead end relationship for 3 1/2 year!! GOD HE WAS A DICK

Comment

• I had a few years where I'd have one relationship after another, in a way it was quite nice but I realise now at such a young age it just wasnt the way to go.

I don't think I've ever introduced my boyfriends to a friend, not because I was embarassed it just never happened os it was never an issue.

It is always nice to be single, I've also appreciated it, but just recently I've just gotten really sick of defending and being on my own, I want somebody to share things with and be a two instead of a single.

Comment

• Yeah, I've not had a significant period of being single tbh. I was with my first boyfriend for 15 months, then had a few 'flings' and was with my next boyfriend about 4 months later (and was with him for 5 months I think), then 2 months after breaking up with him I met Jake and immediately liked him. It's not like I go out looking for people though, I seriously did want to be single for a long time after my last boyfriend broke up with me, but I liked Jake so much from literally the night I met him (despite him being wasted and trashing someones house and not even saying more than one word to me, hahah. Great first impression )

Comment

• Originally posted by TyrannosaurusRhi View Post
              same here dom, i thought i was pretty independent but i'm really not.... i give the impression of being fine when i'm single, but being single is just when i'm looking for a guy! i'm never happy when i'm not with someone. i envy the people who don't look for partners cause they're perfectly fine by themselves.

snap

Comment

• I'm obviously odd then. I love being single. Really kinda miss it actually. Not that I'd give Simon up for anything an I do honestly love him and love having a boyfriend. But I miss being able to do whatever I wanted and like going away without a moment's notice and like not worrying that going to Spain for 3 weeks is going to ruin our relationship.

Comment

• Originally posted by katexx View Post
                  (despite him being wasted and trashing someones house and not even saying more than one word to me, hahah. Great first impression )
                  Tbh I think that's an AWESOME first impression

Comment

• im feeling i just cant be bothered now
                    just go out and drink

Comment

• Originally posted by Youki-Hi View Post
                      I'm obviously odd then. I love being single. Really kinda miss it actually. Not that I'd give Simon up for anything an I do honestly love him and love having a boyfriend. But I miss being able to do whatever I wanted and like going away without a moment's notice and like not worrying that going to Spain for 3 weeks is going to ruin our relationship.
                      AGREED, tbh thats one decent perk of being single, there's no where the f*ck are you going, I do miss the worriness because sometimes it's nice but sometimes its irratating

Comment

• i agree.like my relationship was mainly long distance so id spend my weekends off upto london and then back to work on monday

now im out and riding ove rhte weekends,pretty good

Comment

• Originally posted by soundcheck View Post
                          im feeling i just cant be bothered now
                          just go out and drink
                          That's half my friends pulling strategy, seems to work Get wasted and see where you wake up..

Comment

• Originally posted by soundcheck View Post
                            i agree.like my relationship was mainly long distance so id spend my weekends off upto london and then back to work on monday

now im out and riding ove rhte weekends,pretty good
                            youch and I thought cheshire to liverpool was bad

Comment

• Oh and I also love being able to put my friends first without my boyfriend getting upset that I care about them more than him. Of course I do, they've been there longer than you and they probably will be there longer than you. Chances are a relationship is going to fail more than a friendship is going to fail.

Comment

• Yeah it was but i didnt mind.now i can go see all my female friends at uni with no jealous-ness ahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X