No announcement yet.

General Relationship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandon comes home next weeked after this and is staying for the rest of summer...and then I go back to school with him!

Comment

• Originally posted by katexx View Post
      especially if they've spent most of their life in relationships (obviously not as a kid, but you know what I mean!). I worry about my boyfriend feeling like that sometimes tbh =/
      I worry about that sometimes, too. Kyle and I got together when I was 17 and he was 15. It was his first ever relationship, and only my second "longer than a few weeks" relationship. I'm now 20 and he'll be 18 in June, so I do worry sometimes.

He told me once that he wished he'd "lived" a little more before we got together. Like dating the girls he liked and whatever. He resents the fact that all of his firsts with me are not mine with him, so I end up feeling guilty about things I can't change. I do wish it were different sometimes, but I don't regret it.

Kinda turned into a pity party for one, haha. Oops.

Comment

• He can be so rude and mean sometimes. I'm not feeling well and I'm just in a bit of a mood tonight so I didn't really feel like talking. I told him that and he gets annoyed and mad at me. He said before when he wasn't sure of what he wanted that I was talking to him all the time, and now that he wants to be with me, I don't want to talk at all.

Firstly, he only told me this yesterday morning. Secondly, it's just a bad night. And thirdly, if he's so used to me not wanting to talk, why's he all annoyed now? When we said goodbye I said "talk to you tomorrow then" and he says "yeah that's if I wanna talk" and right after that I'd gotten a text saying "thanks for leading me on".

I wanna know what his problem is.

Comment

• Kyle sounds like he needs to get his head sorted big time! Really does sound like he's messing you around a bit. Hope it sorts out.

And Steph, if you're going to break up with him for uni anyway you've got the choice of enjoying your last five months with him and lead him on a bit, or break up with him now and make things awkward between you. You'll get to make out with as many people as you like at uni, so I wouldn't worry about five months of freedom being wasted. It does kinda sound like you're trying to come up with excuses to break up with him though. Not all break-ups have to be because of something horrible, sometimes things just fade.

EDIT: Sorry if that was kinda harsh. I'm far too knackered to sugar coat things today.
          Last edited by Youki-Hi; 04-28-2009, 10:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Youki-Hi View Post
            Kyle sounds like he needs to get his head sorted big time! Really does sound like he's messing you around a bit. Hope it sorts out.

And Steph, if you're going to break up with him for uni anyway you've got the choice of enjoying your last five months with him and lead him on a bit, or break up with him now and make things awkward between you. You'll get to make out with as many people as you like at uni, so I wouldn't worry about five months of freedom being wasted. It does kinda sound like you're trying to come up with excuses to break up with him though. Not all break-ups have to be because of something horrible, sometimes things just fade.

EDIT: Sorry if that was kinda harsh. I'm far too knackered to sugar coat things today.
            quoted for epic truth. i loved my ex completely but it faded to more of a friendship love on my part.. nothing else was wrong in our relationship, it was quite lovely really.

to be honest i've only skim read the past few pages so i can't really give much input, but i'll say this: if you're not 100% sure, then don't continue the relationship. especially if you're both going off to uni - me and my ex stayed together for uni (i'm in portsmouth and he's in bath so 'long distance') and we broke up at the beginning of this year (our 3rd year at uni). in hindsight it would have been easier on both of us if we'd broken up before leaving for uni in the first place.

Comment

• I'm going to have to agree with everyone else's advice on not making any rash decisions.

I was with an ex from the age of 16 - 19 and part of me always wondered if I had given the best part of my teenage years to him and was it all a waste. Even though we didn't exactly drift apart, I see it as a learning curve, and also an example of how to never let myself be treated in future!

You have all the time in the world to go out and have fun, it's not just when you're 18, 19 that you can have it, but I would advise you to not just throw away your relationship if there isn't anything hugely wrong with it. Pete and I have a long distance relationship, 2 and a half hour drive away from each other, and we only see each other at weekends but it's nice to have the week to miss each other, and there will be the odd occasion where we don't see each other for a weekend which makes it even better when we do.

Stick it out, see how being at Uni makes you feel, then sit down and think about your next move. Haste makes waste, or whatever they say.

Comment

• I think what i'm guna do is just stay with him and take things as they come. I meen if anythin does happen that makes me think id be soo much better off without him for the majority of the time, because at the moment its just a minority that i feel it (like once a week or sumat).
                Every day as it comes

And for uni, ill probly talk to him about it nearer the time. Hes probibly guna wana stay together when i talk to him about that but i cant see it lastin that only while im there. But now he has just told me he is goin to Leeds Met and i think im goin to Uni of Leeds, gah why i dont wana go to uni with him (i know its not the same one but same city).

Comment

• In a way, you two going to uni's relatively close to each other might be a blessing in disguise.

If you decide to stay together, there won't be the huge issue of long distance things, and if you end up breaking up, then you won't have to really see each other and it's unlikely your paths will cross, which will give you time to both get over it, and hopefully be able to see each other as friends later on.

Comment

• Now this will sound realy bad but. I realy need to stay friends with him anywho because... his house is were we go lol. Even though me and all my mates will be at uni whenever we come back im guessing that Bens will still be the centre where we all go and if im not still good mates with him then i wont be able to go out as much :(

Im guessin it will be that was because his brother and his mates are basicaly my group but 2 years older and that what happend with them.

Edit: his brother went started goin out with his girl friend at the same age as me and ben, and they split up when they went to uni, after about 2 months.
                    Last edited by Steph>>Manchestarrr; 04-28-2009, 06:26 PM.

Comment

• Today I hung out with a girl I've been hanging with a lot for the past month and when she was heading to class she turned and kissed me before she left then skipped off. I'm on cloud 9 atm but I'm worried. See my last ex was a rebound and I liked her and all but in the end I said we should just stay friends. But she's still acting like we're going out and I just talked to her friend who said she still really likes me (supposedly a sharpied heart in her locker with my name...*gulp*) but I'm into this new girl... I really feel bad just coming out like; HEY GUESS WAT I'M DATING AGAIN AND IT'S NOT YOU! cause that's what I think she's waiting for cause i told her before I wasn't ready to get back into a relationship or really anything, but that was like 2 months ago...

GIRLS!!!! How do I let her down and stay her friend and not have her cry and eat ice cream while her friends say I'm a loser? Cause I like her as a friend, i really want to be her friend, just not her Boy Friend...

Help...

*Edit* To let you know the Ages when it comes to this situation. I'm 18 and the girl I like is 18 and my ex is 16 and in High school while we're in College. (Different school system than england i know)
                      Last edited by PeteTLT; 04-29-2009, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by PeteTLT View Post
                        GIRLS!!!! How do I let her down and stay her friend and not have her cry and eat ice cream while her friends say I'm a loser? Cause I like her as a friend, i really want to be her friend, just not her Boy Friend...

This part is practically mandatory for girls, there is absolutely nothing you can do about it.

TBH your ex is just going to have to get used to the idea of you being with someone else if that's what you want. You're not in a relationship with her, despite what she may want. Maybe it means taking a break from being friends while you both get used to the situation.

Comment

• I miss my boyfriend :(
                          It's not even been 2 weeks since I've seen him and I know I'm going to in 2 or 3 days, but I can't wait anymore!
                          Too bad I can't even talk to him either.
                          His sleeping patterns are too f*cked.
                          He woke up at 1 am last night and went to bed around 1:30 in the afternoon I think.
                          So he probably won't be up till the same time tonight and I'll be asleep by then..and I don't know if he'll IM me either since he didn't last night..hope he does..this missing isn't normal.

Comment

• I don't know what the point in me even trying to be with the person I like is.

Double standards do my head in, it annoys me so much that I can't do anything without him getting annoyed with me, including asking things about things he'd be annoyed with me about in a non-annoyed fashion.

Apparently I'm trying to make him feel bad by saying things like 'well, actually you not turning up until 9ish isn't all cool because I've taken time off work to be home early and it means we can't go out because it'll be too late.. but if you're happy to stay in then it's fine I guess =)'..

Or the fact he's had his ex girlfriend staying with him for the last couple of days 'Oh, I'm just going for cuddles now'.. after making me feel so terrible after Saturday for having a FRIEND stay over. He even said to me this morning, if my ex was with me he wouldn't even be talking to me.

I'm scared to say anything to him because everything I say apparently makes him feel bad, it obviously doesn't matter if I feel bad or not though.. because to be honest, I feel pretty rubbish at this moment. Don't want tomorrow to come now.

ARGGGHHH.
                            Last edited by soozface; 04-30-2009, 08:56 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by soozface View Post
                              I don't know what the point in me even trying to be with the person I like is.

Double standards do my head in, it annoys me so much that I can't do anything without him getting annoyed with me, including asking things about things he'd be annoyed with me about in a non-annoyed fashion.

Apparently I'm trying to make him feel bad by saying things like 'well, actually you not turning up until 9ish isn't all cool because I've taken time off work to be home early and it means we can't go out because it'll be too late.. but if you're happy to stay in then it's fine I guess =)'..

Or the fact he's had his ex girlfriend staying with him for the last couple of days 'Oh, I'm just going for cuddles now'.. after making me feel so terrible after Saturday for having a FRIEND stay over. He even said to me this morning, if my ex was with me he wouldn't even be talking to me.

I'm scared to say anything to him because everything I say apparently makes him feel bad, it obviously doesn't matter if I feel bad or not though.. because to be honest, I feel pretty rubbish at this moment. Don't want tomorrow to come now.

ARGGGHHH.
                              What does this mean?!

Comment

• What a tw*t. He's not worth the time of day. Find someone better

Comment

Working...
                                X