No announcement yet.

General Relationship Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aww jakk *hugs* stuff isn't sorted out from the other day?

Comment

• *hugs Foo* It's a brilliant sign he asked you again, if he took it back or messed you around it's probably him just being a thoughtless man. They can be a bit thick sometimes. Hopefully things will work out, if not then you've got us and you'll find someone eventually. I doubt you're going to end up unhappy, I just can't imagine that.

*hugs Mattybwannabe* Just talk about things and think things over. Best thing to do is to do what makes you happy, not what you think will make him happy because in the end no-one want to be with someone who doesn't feel the same.

*hugs Rhi* Army relationships suck. My friend Becky has spent 5 years in one. She says you get used to it and her husband is now looking into advancing up the ranks so he can spend time doing Admin stuff aswell so he can spend more time in the UK. Any relationship is tough, yours is just a bit harder than most. Hopefully it's all worth it.

* WARNING I'M GOING TO TALK ABOUT NAUGHTY THINGS FOR THE REST OF THE POST. PLEASE NO-ONE GET OFFENDED. *

I'm a little bit exasperated my boyfriend and I had amazing sex last night. Really really great and while I was still in the nice post coital haze he starts talking about this one amazing time with his ex. I could have screamed. I know he was just chattering away without thinking and that I asked to know all about his exes when we started the relationship, but his ex being good in bed and making him cum twice is NOT what I want to hear. Should I bring it up? Or is it not worth the hassle?
      Last edited by Youki-Hi; 08-15-2008, 04:54 PM.

Comment

• *hugs back* thanks, i think i will get used to it, it just means a bit more work is involved. when i go to uni hopefully i can see him more often if we're still together by then!

Comment

• Originally posted by jakk View Post
          my gf is giving me the run around atm its such a shame cuz she wasnt always a dick and i cant get our good times outa my head =[

just gota fix her wall as i kinda punched through it =[ then i can get shot of her =[
          patch the wall up 1st then her?? hehehe

from what ive read , maybe something hap[pon while she was away? sit her down, have a chat, try not to lose your rag, see whats going on. it might be something silly that someone said to her for all you and we know?!

but yeah hope it works out

me + relationships= epic fail atm

Comment

• Youki; Maybe just a hint that although you want to know SOME things about his exes, that specifically isn't really something you wanna know? Especially at that moment.
            I mean I'm a fairly jealous person and it works retroactively so although when it's brought up it's usually relevant, I still feel a bit weird about it, but don't want her to think she can't mention anything from her previous relationships.
            Last edited by Sweep; 08-15-2008, 05:43 PM.

Comment

• youki, just say to him that it's not something you wanna hear, especially at that particular moment in time where it's supposed to be about the two of you. men can be sooo thoughtless, even the intelligent ones.

just have a word and ask him not to mention anything like that again, and if he has to, to be more tactful when picking his moment!

Comment

• I think that would be better phrased as people can be sooo thoughtless because women are just as bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by TyrannosaurusRhi View Post
                  youki, just say to him that it's not something you wanna hear, especially at that particular moment in time where it's supposed to be about the two of you. men can be sooo thoughtless, even the intelligent ones.

just have a word and ask him not to mention anything like that again, and if he has to, to be more tactful when picking his moment!

pfft, rhi what do you know about tact!

Comment

• oh shush me and dave are as tactless as we like when it comes to each other, but i like to think i have some in reserve

Comment

• Youki... my ex used to do the same thing, and it really got to me. It's never what you need to hear! Personally I'd see if he does it again, and if he does, give him a death stare and ask how he'd like it. It's not about jealousy - it's about common courtesy. I don't know you both but I know you're intelligent and he sounds intelligent enough to see where you're coming from if you bring it up.

It's manners not to talk about those things.

Comment

• Thanks guys. I think I'll have a chat with him about it. I just hate the whole "you're doing something wrong" chat. Because I don't want him to feel like I don't love him. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me. I'll just put a lot of thought into what I say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Youki-Hi View Post
                          Thanks guys. I think I'll have a chat with him about it. I just hate the whole "you're doing something wrong" chat. Because I don't want him to feel like I don't love him. He's the best thing that's ever happened to me. I'll just put a lot of thought into what I say.
                          Sounds like a plan, if he's as intelligent as you say he is I'm sure he'll figure out what you mean.

Comment

• Ok is it just me or is it normal to get really properly upset at the thought of exes? I've been with my boyfriend over a year and I still haven't stopped freakin out at the thought that he's ever been with someone else - even though he never seems to get upset about my exes.

Fact is we've both lived with OH's in the past, both in pretty much the same "ex" boat, and yet I freak out and have cried when his friends have mentioned past gfs and he doesn't.

I sometimes wonder if I'm schitzophrenic cos I'm so laid back normally until past GFs are mentioned :(

EDIT: Maybe I should mention that one of his friends did invite his sister, my BFs ex, out for my BFs birthday night out and I was very nice to her...I only spilled one drink on her shoes "accidentally"

Comment

• I`m exactly the same,my heart actually starts beating faster if my other halfs exes are ever brought into conversation.He can`t understand why and i can`t explain it.It`s so annoying coz i know how much it annoys him.
                              Doesn`t help that we work together and one of his exes also works here and she quite clearly still has feelings for him

Comment

• Wow I bet that's awkward o__O

I guess at least I'm safei n the knowledge that my gf HATES all of her exes. Although we ran into one at a gig and he was really really nice to me. Scary.

Comment

Working...
                                X