No announcement yet.

Best thing that happened to you today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really want to see that film. I'm also really interested to hear my uncle's view on the film (he works with Stephen Hawking). From what I've seen (only trailer's) Eddie Redmayne does a brilliant job!

Comment

• The lovely ladies on here who keep me smiling even when I'm feeling a bit crappy about things, means a lot <3

Comment

• watching darts with my dad <3

(yes I like darts!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaitey (: View Post
          The lovely ladies on here who keep me smiling even when I'm feeling a bit crappy about things, means a lot <3
          Yay, massive squishes!

Originally posted by Rosasaurr View Post
          watching darts with my dad <3

(yes I like darts!)
          Darts is awesome, been watching it for as long as I can remember, used to play in a league as well ^_^

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel View Post
            Darts is awesome, been watching it for as long as I can remember, used to play in a league as well ^_^
            IKR! I'm terrible at them, but for some reason I really enjoy watching it.

did you really? That's so cool :')

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosasaurr View Post
              IKR! I'm terrible at them, but for some reason I really enjoy watching it.

did you really? That's so cool :')
              Yeah, was a while ago, I'd probably suck now, takes me weeks to get back into it! My living room laminate flooring is still decimated from bounce outs from my old board haha!

Comment

• Originally posted by Hazel View Post
                Yeah, was a while ago, I'd probably suck now, takes me weeks to get back into it! My living room laminate flooring is still decimated from bounce outs from my old board haha!
                haha! The only time I ever tried was a summer ages ago when my neighbours set up a board outside - I was so bad, I think they were scared I'd smash their windows. Definitely going to stick to spectating :P

Comment

• Haha we had a board on the back of the front door when we were kids. I remember my mum always shouting at me to "put the snack on" so I didn't pop a dart into my dad's head when he came home from work!

Comment

• We watched The Theory of Everything last night! Such a sweet sad movie, he really is an amazing person.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jester View Post
                      I really want to see that film. I'm also really interested to hear my uncle's view on the film (he works with Stephen Hawking). From what I've seen (only trailer's) Eddie Redmayne does a brilliant job!
                      :O Amazing! I think I read a quote that Stephen Hawking was really impressed with Eddie's performance and that at times he actually thought it was himself!

Originally posted by Rosasaurr View Post
                      watching darts with my dad <3

(yes I like darts!)
                      Originally posted by Hazel View Post
                      You ladies would have loved it at my work a few weeks ago then, we had a big Darts tournament thing on. We've got another one coming up in about 3 weeks to. We've had about 5 or 6 now and they're always really popular.

Comment

• Got up this morning to a complete absence of cat sick or poo or anything horrible not even a half-eaten mouse.

Also, just checked the tracking on my new mac laptop and it's "out for delivery" as of 09:30 this morning so should be here soon!
                        Last edited by kitebunny; 01-05-2015, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• My Christmas present from my best friend arrived. I'm so lucky to have such amazing friends! She got me a gorgeous gothy necklace, but also bought me Bat Out of Hell on vinyl. She said she wasn't sure if I could use it (my boyfriend has a jukebox; as it happens, that only plays singles but, oh well) but thought I'd probably like to display it if not. Which I will. I'm going to put it on my wall in the office. The first two Bat albums and Thin Lizzy's Whisky in the Jar are pretty much the soundtrack to my childhood. Plus, my dad has it on vinyl, so it kind of reminds me of home and being a kid and just, yeah. I'm happy. It's a really lovely gift.

Comment

• ^ my mum now wants to adopt you :P they're two of her favourite records, and I too was raised on Bat Out of Hell.

I spent the day revising with my girlfriend (we took the same modules) and now feel SO much better about these exams - we talked through some essay plans and she witnessed my epiphany that Marx, Durkheim and Weber can be used to critique each other. And I realised I know A LOT MORE than I thought I did.

It was just so nice to be with her and have her make me feel better about these exams - for the first time ever it doesn't feel like an enormous, impossible task.

Comment

• Just applied for my Australian visa. Bundles of nerves!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosasaurr View Post
                                ^ my mum now wants to adopt you :P they're two of her favourite records, and I too was raised on Bat Out of Hell.
                                My parents had two copies of the second album (long story) so one was given to me. The best way to make me feel like ten years old is to either put of LotR films of Meat Loaf. In Year Six, we had to pick a famous musician to write a 'biography' on; while all of my friends were doing Britney, Steps or whoever else was popular at the time, I did Meat. ^_^ Have you ever seen Steve Steinman's Bat Symphony?

Best thing of today; I went upstairs to submit my essay (hooray) and there was a post it note on my monitor; my boyfriend had bought me fresh olives as a surprise gift. =) He's so good to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X