No announcement yet.

Best thing that happened to you today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've applied to two courses at Heriot Watt, one at UoDundee, one at UoAberdeen and one at Aberystwyth in Wales ><

(My school was very 'you have five choices USE THEM')

Comment

• ^ A friend of mine went to Aberystwyth - is apparently really good

Comment

• I really like it but I would have to find the money to pay for my fees if I went there and also the conditional they gave me is gonna be really hard to achieve

Comment

• What have you applied for?

Comment

• This was yesterday but I got into Southampton and then Tom came round for the afternoon/evening and he bought me KFC <3 Om nom nom nom

Comment

• Originally posted by SakuraChan View Post
              What have you applied for?
              Maths yourself?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaitey (: View Post
                Maths yourself?
                Ahhh, you're one of those My boyfriend does maths at uni too and it looks really hard.

I'm doing psychology.

But I've changed my mind about it now (like farrrrrrrr too late) and decided I'd rather do business/management. Or geography, but I didn't do geography for A level, just GCSE so I doubt I'd have been able to do that anyway. I do like psychology but I don't know what I'd do after.

Comment

• You probably would be able to do it just might have to work harder in your first year ><
                  Heriot Watt does great business management and psychology courseeeeeeeees COME BE MY FRIEND PLZ?

Comment

• My lovely boyfriend took me out for dinner tonight =]]

Comment

Ahhh, you're one of those My boyfriend does maths at uni too and it looks really hard.

I'm doing psychology.

But I've changed my mind about it now (like farrrrrrrr too late) and decided I'd rather do business/management. Or geography, but I didn't do geography for A level, just GCSE so I doubt I'd have been able to do that anyway. I do like psychology but I don't know what I'd do after.
                      There's always clearing & stuff, it's not totally too late. My boyfriend had accepted a place at UCLAN for Journalism and was happy with that for a while, then suddenly at the end of August when he got his A-Level results he changed to doing Building Surveying at Wolverhampton (yeah, I know, not the best uni around but it's the only local one and he decided he wanted to stay at home, haha) with surprisingly little hassle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kaitey (: View Post
                        You probably would be able to do it just might have to work harder in your first year ><
                        Heriot Watt does great business management and psychology courseeeeeeeees COME BE MY FRIEND PLZ?
                        AWWWW Well if you don't go miles away to Aber and I end up a bit further north than I am now you should totally come and see meeeeeeeeeee!

Comment

• Originally posted by insideout View Post
                          There's always clearing & stuff, it's not totally too late. My boyfriend had accepted a place at UCLAN for Journalism and was happy with that for a while, then suddenly at the end of August when he got his A-Level results he changed to doing Building Surveying at Wolverhampton (yeah, I know, not the best uni around but it's the only local one and he decided he wanted to stay at home, haha) with surprisingly little hassle.
                          My mum briefly mentioned that before but I never looked up what actually happens. Do you have to get released from your firm choice before you're allowed to go into it? Or can you be sneaky and ring up admissions for other places as well?

I just hate the thought of throwing away a place at a uni I wanted to be at, going into clearing with no choice but to go somewhere from there and end up somewhere I don't want to be out of desperation if everything goes wrong. If that makes sense.

Comment

• Amy where else have you applied ?

Comment

• Originally posted by valers26 View Post
                              Amy where else have you applied ?
                              Edinburgh, Kent, Northumbria, York St John and Hull.

(I can't remember which I've already said)

Comment

My mum briefly mentioned that before but I never looked up what actually happens. Do you have to get released from your firm choice before you're allowed to go into it? Or can you be sneaky and ring up admissions for other places as well?

I just hate the thought of throwing away a place at a uni I wanted to be at, going into clearing with no choice but to go somewhere from there and end up somewhere I don't want to be out of desperation if everything goes wrong. If that makes sense.
                                Pretty sure you can see what's available in clearing before actually cancelling your application and stuff, or by ringing up the unis. I'm not 100% sure though. Read the TSR Wiki on clearing? I'm guessing that'll have quite a bit of stuff in, the Wiki is pretty good on there. When Jake did it, we went into a Wolvo open day once he'd almost certainly decided he wanted to change and the tutors etc helped him make his decision, and he just asked there and then. He had his grades so he just told them what he got, and had a quick discussion (kind of interview-y I suppose) and the tutor immediately said they'd like to accept him. I think he then just totally cancelled his UCAS application and phoned the Wolvo clearing line the tutor gave him, and they kinda just seemed to sort the rest out. Student finance were surprisingly quick at changing his uni details for that too, although usually they're pretty awful haha. Tuition fees don't need to be paid until February though so if you do change and go through clearing the SLC have until February to get their act together ;D

Don't quote me on any of this though, I can't really remember exactly what Jake had to do but it definitely wasn't much hassle.

Comment

Working...
                                X