Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Tongue Piercing, Healing time?

Hello all, im new to this forum.
    Ive got several piercings already however really want to get a central tongue piercing. Ive done a few searches but cant find the answer to my question...
    How long should I take off work? Eg. how long before I can talk reasonably well so people can understand me and without drooling everywhere?!
    If I got it done on the Friday before a Bank Holiday weekend would that be enough time or should I try and get a couple of days off too?
    Your views would be really helpful.
    Thanks in advance.
    Steph

it all depends really -- i could talk ok the whole time... but everyone is different -- i wouldnt worry about booking time off... tho i guess it depends how much u need to talk for your job. Talking is always slightly annoying with the longer bar in -- but u will have to wait a few weeks before u can change it down to correct size.

for me the whole pain and eating hindrances lasted bout 5 days
    Piercings: Lobes, Helix, Scaffold, Tongue, Navel!!

Thinking about: more on the ears(2nd lobes, anti tragus, helix, conch etc etc...), and nipple

http://www.myspace.com/snugasagrub

I could speak fine after about 3 days with only a lisp. I changed it after two weeks but I could have changed it after one!
    Goodbye and thanks for all the fish.

I never had a big issue... the more you talk the better it gets.
    How have your other piercings healed? I think getting it done over a weekend should be fine.
    Piercings...Anti Tragus (left), Double Side Lip(right), 2x 2nd Lobe Piercings, Nape, 2x Nipples (Yay!), Nostril (left), 2x Plugs 7mm, Scaffold (left), Tongue.
    Tattoo... One star on my foot, R on Right wrist and L on Left wrist, cat on my nape.
    Next... 2nd Nose Stud, Possibly Septum, Hand Webbing, Tattoos soon.
    "Welcome the rich man, he's hard for you to miss. His butt keeps getting bigger, so there's plenty there to kiss!"
    RIP Hand Webbing! You're missed very much!

Thats great! I think Ill get it done late December then probably before the Bank Holiday, since I need to talk to customers quite a lot at work, the extra day will do me well.
    Ive heard that you should take an Ibruprofen before getting pierced to keep the swelling down, but surely it'll still swell up later?
    Thanks for the replies!

I think quite a lot of the drooling people get is down to the numbing spray some piercers use. I could talk fine after a couple of days, but eating and talking is annoying until you get the large bar changed, usually after 10-14 days. I was lucky enough not to get much swelling so had the bar downsized within a week and the piercing was healed within a month or so. Tongues tend to heal fairly quickly as there is antiseptic in your saliva.
    DISCLAIMER: Any advice given is from PERSONAL experience unless stated otherwise, and should not be seen as encouragement to perform any acts of stupidity.

Past - 6 in each earlobe, double helixes, lip, double tongue, both nipples, 2x navel, eyebrow, cheek, tragus

Present - 2x earlobe, rook, 3x VCH, 2.4mm tongue, daith, nose, conch

Proud owner of a lilac velvet corset with dark purple lace edging and black laces up the back, made by Pagan Debbie

I gotta say I never drooled after it and that was with numbing spray, I guess some folk are just.. droolers :P
    Piercings...Anti Tragus (left), Double Side Lip(right), 2x 2nd Lobe Piercings, Nape, 2x Nipples (Yay!), Nostril (left), 2x Plugs 7mm, Scaffold (left), Tongue.
    Tattoo... One star on my foot, R on Right wrist and L on Left wrist, cat on my nape.
    Next... 2nd Nose Stud, Possibly Septum, Hand Webbing, Tattoos soon.
    "Welcome the rich man, he's hard for you to miss. His butt keeps getting bigger, so there's plenty there to kiss!"
    RIP Hand Webbing! You're missed very much!

Im in the process of healing. I had it done Saturday 4th, its still swollen but I can talk ok, just can't say my s's to well but thats because of the swelling and the size of the bar. I went to work on the monday after I had it done and I found it a little awkward but not too bad. You just have to get used to it.

Depends on how much swelling occurs for being able to talk. I talked a little bit lispy after, and the ball on the bottom of the barbell was irritating my salival gland right underneath, but after about 3 days the swelling went down quite a bit. For me I got mine done on a thursday, and I went to school just fine the next day, I just didn't try and promote alot of talking though, because the tenderness is rather irritable /:
    Piercings: 5 lobe (2 stretched 00g) , snakebites & third lip piercing (working on double snakebites), tongue, right nose, nape, and wonky navel (:

Wishlist: double snakebites, horizontal or double tongue, traguses, inudstrial, rook, conch, anti-traguses, and currently I'm really craving some dermal anchoring on the wrists d:

it took me the best part of a week for swelling to go down and I had my bar changed to a smaller one after a few days, then down to an even smaller one after some more time.
    I'd say the worst part was the first week and after that healing was really quick and it doesnt take long to get back to eating normally
    Tattoos:
    3 butterflies on foot, heart on wrist, 2 diamonds on stomach.

Piercings:
    tragus, helix, 3x lobe on each ear, navel, nostril, tongue.

Wishlist:
    more tattooooooooooooosssss!!

Retired:
    scaffold, 2 helix.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast