Exclamation --Prince Albert Question: Regarding Removal--

Hello, long story long, I'm strongly considering going to my local piercing parlor for a Prince Albert piercing. My girlfriend and more importantly I think itís a cool idea.

I've worked to educate myself with a piercing DVD, read volumes on after care and the myriad of 'possible' issues that could result. Iím cool with the procedure.

My question/concern is this:
    If after some period of time (say 2 years) I've grow tired of the PA piercing; will it close up upon removal? I don't intend to 'purposely' stretch the original 10 gauge piercing. Has anyone heard of a doctor closing the base hole from a PA should it interfere with urination after the PA is permanently removed? Is this a valid concern?

Any advice / true accounts about removal of PAís great appreciatedÖ

Many Thanks!

Well I'm pretty sure it would close up. It'd definitely shrink down enough that it wouldn't be a problem when you pee, I've never heard of anyone have problems after removal of a PA. I don't have experience (personally (lol) or through friends) so I can't be certain.

I made the mistake of looking at a medical site with PA problems... YEOW. I'm changing my name to Waffles....

Never really thought about taking my PA out, its been in so long i could not imagine life without it Removing it I could not give you advice on but i would recommend the piercing.

Piercings: Hafada x 4 , PA, Labret

Retired: Bridge

Wish List: 6 x Hafadas, Nipples (Vertical and Horizontal (both)), Bridge (again)

10/4 but why am I crying after all I ain't afraid of dying...

get the pa and keep it . its a brilliant piercing

Quote Originally Posted by Youki-Hi
    Well I'm pretty sure it would close up. It'd definitely shrink down enough that it wouldn't be a problem when you pee, I've never heard of anyone have problems after removal of a PA. I don't have experience (personally (lol) or through friends) so I can't be certain.

............not in all cases..........I've had mine out for over a year now.....and it's no where near closed up.....still a problem to pee as well....but you adjust to it...
    If pac-man had affected us as kids, we'd now be running around in dark rooms, munching pills, and listening to repetitive electronic music...

Thanks Ziggy,

I'm curious what piercing gauge or mm you went to; and also why did you choose to remove it?

Many Thanks