Thread: Hypertrophic scarring

Default Hypertrophic scarring

Right.. i keep getting a small fluid-filled lump on the back of my now 8-week old cartilage piercing. i found this on BME and im pretty convinced thats the problem.

However.. i first tried hot compresses. They didnt work. Then i tried applying Tee Tree Oil, which made it go down, but another appeared the next week.. and the Tee Tree Oil is having no affect. Im now applying antibacterial cream, which is also having no effect.

So does anyone have any tips on how to treat this? and might it prevent it from reappearing if i changed the BCR (which catches every now and again) to a short barbel?

My piercer said it wouldnt help... but then he also called it a Keloid, which it obviously isnt. I wont be going back to him again.

Shortening the bar could help as long as its not embeding. How are you doing the compress?
    SPIKE
    spike_bodyjewelleryshop@hotmail.co.uk

Piercings: 16MM Lobe, 5MM PA.

Retired Piercings: Lots, removed over 25 piercings in a momment of madness!

Facebook: http://facebook.com/Bodyjewellershopspike

well theres a BCR in at the mo which fits fine.. The compress i did with hot boiled water with half a spoon of rock salt, two peices of cotton wool soaked and pressed either side of it where the scarring is, re-soaking when they get cold.. for about 15 mins every day.