Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member DreadfulFaeryFalls's Avatar

Question Rejecting navel piercing??

Hey guys can anyone tell me what a rejecting navel piercings looks like?
    Daft question i know but im trying to figure out if mine is or not.
    The bar that i cut to fit my piercing snugly now has some of the bar visible, like the piercing is shrinking. It also feels sore.
    Any ideas?
    Current: Lobes at 14mm
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

If you can see more bar, that means the piercing is moving closer to the edge, and thus rejecting. But don't panik yet, I was told that sometimes it can reject a bit and stop there. But you might want to take it out if it moves any more as you probably wouldn't want the scar of it rejecting all the way.

Maybe the bar was half a mm to short?

You also sometimes end up with a purple-ish line where the jewellery has been pushing against your skin.
    How long have you had the piercing?
    Piercings - 5mm lobe, 6mm lobe , tragus, nostril, septum (2mm), 2 center tongue piercings, labret, right and left side of lip, VCH.

Retired - Scaffold, 2 x 1.6 Lobes

I got it done in Feburary, i never had any problem except for the bottom hole (reverse navel) never seemed to heal properly but the top was fine. i dont have a purple line. I dont want to take it out just in case it's not rejecting. i dont mind the scar - would look quite cool.
    Tatotos: Bluebell at base of spine, winged heart with stars between shoulder blades

Retired: 3rd lobe,auricle and upper helix, both nipples, reverse navel, snakebites *sob*

*twitch*

Loads of girls at my school have rejecting navel piercings, but they WON'T take them out... *shudder*

They have some the bar showing and the skin looks red around the piercing....
    Left ear: 2x 1.2mm lobes

Right ear: 2x 1.2mm lobes, 1.2mm pinna

"Computers can solve problems you previously did not have."

Mine started to reject but I switched to lighter jewellery (was wearing one of those heavy ended bananabells, now am just wearing a curved barbell) and it appears to have settled again. I have a white scar extending from where the top hole originally was to where it is now so I can see how much its shrunk by.
    Left Ear- 8mm and 1.6mm [downsized] lobes, helix [1.2], tragus [1.2], the rook of doom [1.2];
    Right ear- 8mm lobe, anti-tragus [1.6], helix[1.2];
    navel [1.6]
    Retired: Right rook [1.2], septum[1.6]
    Future Upgrades:
    [metal] left conch, right vertical tragus surface, helix x3
    [ink] art nouveau orchids on lower back. Bottle of ink on lower left calf, fountain pen on lower right calf. Shorthand (white ink) on wrists.

D I R T Y . G A U G E . Q U E E N

I think that it might just be shrinking into position as opposed to rejecting.
    Its a PTFE bar so i can always trim it slightly. it doesnt feel any closer to the surface thatn it did when it was frirst pierced so there may be hope yet
    My bodys wierd when it comes to settling piercings.
    Its 12mm from top hole to bottom. Is that normal??

PIERCINGS: 3 left lobe 1.6mm, 1 left pinna 1.6mm, 14mm right lobe, labret 1.6mm, navel 1.6mm.

WOULDNT MIND: lip (left and right), eyebrow, septum, nipple, scaffold, more right lobe piercins, navel industrial + scaffold

Quote Originally Posted by DreadfulFaeryFalls
    I think that it might just be shrinking into position as opposed to rejecting.
    Its a PTFE bar so i can always trim it slightly. it doesnt feel any closer to the surface thatn it did when it was frirst pierced so there may be hope yet
    My bodys wierd when it comes to settling piercings.
    Its 12mm from top hole to bottom. Is that normal??
    12mm is fine, mine is much smaller than that now.
    If it's rejecting it will be very sore, and not only the holes but the surrounding area would be red. The most important thing is you can feel the bar has moved closer to the skin regarless of the length of the bar.
    It may just be 'parking', sometimes piercings just don't like where they're pierced and choose their own position. Pesky things.

It may just be 'parking', sometimes piercings just don't like where they're pierced and choose their own position. Pesky things.
    Thats a great analogy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast