Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: And my septum experience

Three weeks on

Thinking I'm at the 3 week stage now....
    - No real issues, settling down nicely, seems like the initial healing has gone well. I can easily flip up and down, move it around and it isn't sore at all.
    - The blackline curved barbell is ideal and impossible to see when flipped up.
    - Can't believe I've still got a slight runny nose, I'm thinking this might be due to the piercing itself rather than a cold?
    - When the time comes to change the jewellery I might go for one a little wider. This is 10mm wide, so perhaps 12-14mm but same gauge (1.6mm). In 6 months?
    - My septum piercing has had a few visible outings! Popping into shops, filling station etc. Clearly a few people have noticed but no shocks. Quite enjoyed this! Remains flipped up most of the time, though at home I sometimes flip it down and sleep with it down.
    Piercings: PA, nipples, navel, septum.

I think I had a runny nose throughout the entire septum healing process, haha
    glad you are enjoying your piercing
    Left 8mm lobe, Inner conch, Industrial, Daith
    Right 10mm lobe, Snug
    Right eyebrow, Septum, Smiley, Left lower lip, Right lower lip
    11 Tattoos

Yup, "septum colds" are super popular.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Four weeks on

Things are going well with my septum and I'm enjoying having it.

Mind you, it isn't completely healed. I can flip up and down and slide it from side to side without any discomfort. Then if I prod the tip of my nose, it hurts. This is a lot better than it has been, the sensitive spot is getting smaller by the day and it's a reminder the healing process is still going on.

As you know I swapped to a black curved bar bell to make it more discreet and this works fine. However, when its flipped down it looks a bit odd as it is almost too small to be a piece of jewellery. So once the piercing is more fully healed I think I'll buy a few different CBRs and see which I like the best.

At work, it is always flipped up. I'm sure one of my colleagues caught sight of it earlier, when it was a plain titanium CBR and it has puzzled her since as there's nothing to see now. When we talk I can tell she's interested in my nose and tries not to make it too obvious. Another colleague always seems to get me in a conversation when I pass near her desk. So she is sitting and I'm standing alongside and I can just imagine she has a good view of my nose - but with the black CBR there's nothing to see. As I'm confident and relaxed about it, there's no big deal and I think if I was uneasy I would almost draw attention to it inadvertently.

As you might know, I like to run. A few days ago I was on quite a long run and my septum was, as usual, flipped up. I could sometimes feel it moving around a little and I liked that. It wasn't sore or anything, just a little reminder it was there. It was raining most of the time (I actually like running in the rain!) and my running jacket isn't very waterproof, I was gradually getting damp inside and I could feel my nipples were starting to get sore - yes both of them - grrrr! I've only once had this before and it's not something I like at all. So the sore nips took away any nice feelings of my septum moving about. All is fine now.

No more visible outings for my septum since the last post. There's no plan or anything here but I expect it'll have a few outings when I next have some time off work. Even better will be when I have tried a few different sizes and got the one I like the most.

I sometimes wonder how many people I know who might have one who, like me, keep it hidden. I don't know whether they are more popular with men or women, perhaps women but I'm not sure.

So all in all it's going well. I really like my septum piercing and I'm pleased I got it.

Five weeks on

Please excuse my quick notes....

- My septum piercing is mostly nice and I am enjoying having it.
    - I am getting the best of both worlds now. It is still a bit of a novelty for me and I'm getting used to the sensation of a bit of metal in the middle of my nose.
    - It seems quite well healed. I can flip it up and down, slide it side to side and it feels fine. I know the full, proper healing takes much longer.
    - My nose has stopped running at long last!
    - I feel very very nervous about switching the jewellery over when the time comes as I can't really see what I'm doing. Mrs Mat might have to help again.
    - I really appreciated a nice, chatty and encouraging private message from a fellow septum wearer. This was the only pm I have had, so thank you!

The less good bits...
    - The black coating has worn off from the middle of the curved barbell, on the outside of the curve. I only discovered this the other day. I'm not impressed and I might send it back once I have other jewellery to replace it with.
    - I felt up my nose with my fingers and the piercing is above the sweet spot. Perhaps this is because I asked for it to be positioned high up so it can't be seen. It's not through the really thick cartilage though.

I am still curious about other people with septum piercings. Is it more popular with men or women? Are there many out there with secret septum i.e. always flipped up? I just don't know!

Quote Originally Posted by Unassuming View Post
    Congratulations to all of you, for me a septum piercing would be too much in terms of potential visibility. I've recently upgraded as in one replacement piercing and one (new for me) piercing, will update experiences in due course.
    I've had my septum pierced for 7 months and the majority of the time it's flipped up. When it has been flipped up, no-one has noticed it at all - all of family, work, doctor, dentist, etc are blissfully unaware. I was quite worried before I got it done, and all my fears were groundless.

(I'm seriously considering a tongue piercing, but the potential visibility of it is putting me off - more so than the healing process.)
    Last edited by Aley75; 02-17-2018 at 07:02 PM.
    Current: septum (16g).
    Retired: nipples.
    Want: tongue, nipples, nostrils (?).

I'm a woman, I've had my septum piercing for around 7 years, and I've gone through phases of it constantly down or constantly up, depends how I'm feeling at that time
    Left 8mm lobe, Inner conch, Industrial, Daith
    Right 10mm lobe, Snug
    Right eyebrow, Septum, Smiley, Left lower lip, Right lower lip
    11 Tattoos

Quote Originally Posted by x__ejw View Post
    I'm a woman, I've had my septum piercing for around 7 years, and I've gone through phases of it constantly down or constantly up, depends how I'm feeling at that time
    Thanks x_ejw. Seven years is a nice time for a piercing and I hope I still have mine for many years ahead. The nice thing with a septum is, as you say, you can flip it up or down depending on how you feel at the time.

Wanting to change my septum

I don't know why but I find myself thinking a lot about my septum piercing, especially when I'm on my own driving to/from work. It's still new (5 weeks) and still getting used to it, a bit of a novelty perhaps.

The curved barbell is 10mm in diameter and the gauge is 1.6mm. When I flip it down, it seems quite a snug fit, lightly touching the middle of my nose. It also seems a bit small, with very small balls on the end. So I keep thinking I'd like to change it, keeping the same 1.6mm gauge. I like the idea of a dark blue colour (I have blue eyes). Not sure how long I have to wait; I'm not looking to stretch it, just to swap it for another.

I'm still planning to keep it flipped up but there are some times when I would flip it down and I'd like it to look nice. I don't want it to be so small and subtle that people won't know what it is, neither do I want to be flash and unnecessarily draw attention to it.

I have heard it said piercing can be addictive. Does this mean I've been bitten by the piercing bug? Crikey.

You'll want to be leaving it a good 3-4 months before getting it changed out.

If you like the idea of horseshoe style rings then get it fitted by a piercer who can bend it to fit your anatomy. Some can also anodise or order jewellery in for you.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234