Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I've had my PA for 10 years!

Default I've had my PA for 10 years!

I can hardly believe that it is now a little over 10 years since I got my PA. That was my first ever piercing and I've never regretted it at all.

I guess like many others, I was keen to stretch from the original 1.6mm. I gradually progressed to 5mm and I've been quite happy with that. Once I was at 5mm, I switched to a 5mm ring of a smaller diameter to have a neater, snug fit, which I much prefer. It is also more discreet in the changing room at the gym.

TBH it was a bit of an experiment in the first place, not knowing whether I would like it or keep it for long as it was my first piercing. So now I've had it for 10 years, there's no reason to change it or do anything with it. I hope this might be useful for any others thinking of getting one.... don't rush into stretching and (to limit the risk of anything going wrong) only go so far. I was meticulous in following the instructions about salty soaks for the first couple of weeks.

Could be I'll be wearing it for the rest of my life: do people keep them in permanently?
    Piercings: PA, nipples, navel.

Congrats and yes many people keep jewellery in permanently.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Nice!
    Always been curious about a PA: Not sure if I dare to do that haha. Got a hafada a little over a month ago now though
    Previous Piercings
    Scrotum, Left nipple, Helix left ear
    Current Piercings
    Earlobe Left and Right (x2), Helix Right ear, Right Nipple, Left Nipple, Hafada
    Future piercings
    Earlobe (2nd) left
    Possible tongue

Brave, Brave, Brave!!!
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook and Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    Brave, Brave, Brave!!!
    Thanks, thanks thanks!!!
    Piercings: PA, nipples, navel.

I know this is a common question, however does your PA stop you being able to use urinals, as pee goes everywhere.
    Current piercings: Horizontal Nipples 4 mm, 4 mm, Tongue 10 mm, Navel 1.6 mm,

Quote Originally Posted by Unassuming View Post
    I know this is a common question, however does your PA stop you being able to use urinals, as pee goes everywhere.
    From what I've read over the years many find it isn't a problem, some find it is, some find that holding themselves differently or slightly twisting their hold can help. It's all going to be anatomy dependent and dependent on the gauge and type of jewellery also.

I know you didn't ask me but I've seen it asked/talked about a fair bit
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel View Post
    From what I've read over the years many find it isn't a problem, some find it is, some find that holding themselves differently or slightly twisting their hold can help. It's all going to be anatomy dependent and dependent on the gauge and type of jewellery also.

I know you didn't ask me but I've seen it asked/talked about a fair bit
    My bf doesn't have a problem now but had to change how he "went".
    Piercings:
    Nose, tongue, navel, both nipples horizontally, VCH

Tattoos:
    Line of butterflies from lower belly round onto back and up to my shoulder

It can catch you out when you're standing there !

I wear a 0 gauge PA and have never faced any issue while peeing in a urinal. Those who have PA know the trick well: simply turn/twist your genital head upside down, and you will be able to aim the flow properly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast