Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New conch position

I don't think there's anything wrong with the placement itself but the way it's angled is making the ball appear lower than if they'd pierced it straight, so you agreed with the place where the jewellery is coming out but there's nothing you could've known about the angle they pierced it at.
    If they're not willing to fix it to make you happier you can either leave it in and go somewhere else for it downsizing when it's ready and see how you feel about it with a shorter post or ring in it, or you can take it out, let it heal up and go somewhere else for it re doing completely.
    Its a shame they've reacted rudely to you :(
    Left 8mm lobe, Inner conch, Industrial, Daith
    Right 10mm lobe, Snug
    Right eyebrow, Septum, Smiley, Left lower lip, Right lower lip
    10 Tattoos

Yh you are right but i dont understand why it is straight at the back and angled down at the front?? thanks for the reply xx

If you're not happy with that you can always take it out and get it repierced after it heals by another piercer. When I had my last conch piercing 3 months ago I was given the option. Between a labret or a ring. But maybe a shorter labret post may help with the look and rubbing.
    Left ear: 3 Lobe piercings, Auricle, Helix, Conch and Forward Helix
    Right ear: 3 Lobe piercings, Auricle, Helix, Conch x2 and Forward helix
    Facial: Left nostril, Septum, Philtrum and Inverse Vertical Labret
    Want: Right Nostril and High nostrils
    Retired: Naval x2, Right Nostril, Anti-Trague and multiple lobe/Auricle piercings
    Tattoos: None but I want some.

Quote Originally Posted by JAMMY B View Post
    Just spoke to my piercer he was very rude and told me he marked it and I agreed so there is nothing he is willing to do which I know I agreed to the placement but I never knew it would be hitting my bone and angled down I'm very upset but thanks for the reply
    That is awful! I would find another piercer who would be willing to help. Or take it out and let it heal up (go somewhere better when it heals). The rubbing would drive me mad (just my opinion though). Your piercer should have been more helpful - could you complain to their manager? Sorry, to ask as you have better things on your mind but how painful was it? - I'm really tempted!
    Left side - Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Helix, Rook and Lower Conch.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

I told him I wanted a ring in it and he marked and pierced where he said it should go I'm to worried to go back in to be honest it's straight at the back do you think it would look better with a shorter labret
    To be honest it is not good to be worried about going back to see your piercer. You need a better one! I am so glad we finally found a decent piercer. It has taken us a long time to find one.

Right side -Ear Lobes 1,2,3 Daith, Tragus, Nostril, Helix and sadly retired Eyebrow. :(

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    That is awful! I would find another piercer who would be willing to help. Or take it out and let it heal up (go somewhere better when it heals). The rubbing would drive me mad (just my opinion though). Your piercer should have been more helpful - could you complain to their manager? Sorry, to ask as you have better things on your mind but how painful was it? - I'm really tempted!
    I was expecting it to be alot worse then what it was and after having it I told myself I would not get worked up over a piercing again just go for it,it's honestly nothing xx

I was expecting it to be alot worse then what it was and after having it I told myself I would not get worked up over a piercing again just go for it,it's honestly nothing xx
    Many thanks for letting me know Jammy B x. I get very worked up over having piercings done. - Glad you were able to not get worked up this time around. I'm hoping to get it done in the new year. When it isn't hat weather.

Have you had your problem sorted out now? I have got an idea but, I really don't know and would like members on here that know much more than me to help with my advice! Would it be silly of me to suggest to get someone to take the ball off and replace it with a small cone? As the shape isn't as fat as the ball and may stop the rubbing? Is this good advice - anyone?

One thing I have finally started to realise is that you originally wanted to have your piercing done with a ring. I don't like posts/bars etc... But, I think your piercing would have got really annoyed with a ring. I had a horseshoe in my Tragus and had to have it removed as it kept on moving around and started to get sore. Rings are fine when totally healed.
    Last edited by Mazzy; 12-22-2017 at 05:41 PM.

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
    Many thanks for letting me know Jammy B x. I get very worked up over having piercings done. - Glad you were able to not get worked up this time around. I'm hoping to get it done in the new year. When it isn't hat weather.

Have you had your problem sorted out now? I have got an idea but, I really don't know and would like members on here that know much more than me to help with my advice! Would it be silly of me to suggest to get someone to take the ball off and replace it with a small cone? As the shape isn't as fat as the ball and may stop the rubbing? Is this good advice - anyone?

One thing I have finally started to realise is that you originally wanted to have your piercing done with a ring. I don't like posts/bars etc... But, I think your piercing would have got really annoyed with a ring. I had a horseshoe in my Tragus and had to have it removed as it kept on moving around and started to get sore. Rings are fine when totally healed.
    I have decided to keep the counch and get another placed right above it when my ear is not so tender but thanks for helping me out, i spoke to the piercers at modern body art in Birmingham and they seem very nice and knowledgeable so in future i will probably go there,i didnt actually want my conch pierced wuth a ring just in a position that would allow for a ring later on xx

No problem. Glad that things are a bit better now. Also, glad you have found another piercer too. Sometimes good ones take a little while to find. I don't blame you not having a Conch pierced with a ring. I think it would make it very sore. x

Quite a few Tattoo's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12