Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inverse Vertical Labret or Ashley Piercing

Day 6

I only have minimal swelling and dry/chapped lips are only slightly dry/chapped. Just lots of peeling lip skin. Still no pain. Just a slight soreness. I think my inner lip is becoming accustomed to the jewelry. Less soreness in the area. I'm very careful when eating so I don't catch the jewelry.

The only problem I am currently having is the jewelry rubs against my gums when i have long conversation. The flat back doesn't sit flush against my lip. The top half of the jewelry kind of "sticks out" from my lip. I know lip piercings can cause gum recession. I don't want to damage my gums/teeth but I would hate to retire this piercing this early.

I don't know if down sizing the length of the bar would help with the rubbing on the gums or not. But I mainly notice the rubbing is after I talk for a extended period of time cause my gum line feels all tingly.
    Left ear: 3 Lobe piercings, Auricle, Helix, Conch and Forward Helix
    Right ear: 3 Lobe piercings, Auricle, Helix, Conch x2 and Forward helix
    Facial: Left nostril, Septum, Philtrum and Inverse Vertical Labret
    Want: Right Nostril and High nostrils
    Retired: Naval x2, Right Nostril, Anti-Trague and multiple lobe/Auricle piercings
    Tattoos: None but want some

It should feel better once downsized.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

I know everyone is different but I had my lip pierced today a 12mm post and it's already annoying me catching my teeth and rubbing my gums. But my lip piercing on the other side that's been done years and I have an 8mm post in I don't even know it's there, it doesn't touch my teeth or gums at all
    Left 8mm lobe, Inner conch, Industrial, Daith
    Right 10mm lobe, Snug
    Right eyebrow, Septum, Smiley, Left lower lip, Right lower lip
    10 Tattoos
    D

Quote Originally Posted by x__ejw View Post
    I know everyone is different but I had my lip pierced today a 12mm post and it's already annoying me catching my teeth and rubbing my gums. But my lip piercing on the other side that's been done years and I have an 8mm post in I don't even know it's there, it doesn't touch my teeth or gums at all
    Yup, it's pretty common for it to work out that way. Even though the bar is taken up by swelling, it's still long so will catch/hit things until downsized.
    Piercings: 6 lobes, 2 12mm stretched lobes, 4 helices, 3 tragus, daith, 2 nostril, 2.4mm VCH, 1 upper conch, 2.4mm daith, philtrum
    Modifications: 5mm septum punch,
    coinslot ear cartilage removal
    Cosmetic Modifications: Scar removal x4, semi permanent eyebrows, lip dermal filler
    Retired Piercings: 3 nipple, tongue, 3 philtrum, 3 eyebrow, 2 outer labia, VCH, 2 helix, 1 lobe, rook, nostril, 3 nape MDs, 2 wrist MDs, septum, 2 upper conch, conch, 3 helices
    Tattoos: 86 hours
    ***** HOW TO UP YOUR POST COUNT & RULES - ASK A QUESTION - BUMP INFORMATION - STRETCHING INFO & QUESTIONS - RECOMMENDED UK PIERCERS *****
    >>>>>>>>>>New Members - Please do not PM me with questions about your piercing, this is what the forum is for, thank you<<<<<<<<<<

Facebook
    UK Jewellery Network

In your opinion how long should I wait before getting it downsized. I think at this point no swelling left. When I got it pierced I told the pierced I leave on vacation on the 9th and he told me I could come in before leaving and get ot downsized. But its now only 8 days pierced and it just seems too soon to have it downsized. I had my philtrum downsized after 6 weeks.
    Retired: Naval x2, Right Nostril, Anti-Trague and multiple lobe/Auricle piercings

The piercer will tell you if it's ready or not
    ive had piercings down sized after only a couple of weeks before because they were ready, others have taken a while.
    Im hoping to have my new lip piercing downsized before Christmas so I'm gunna go in before they close for Christmas and see, but if it's not ready then it's not
    Right 10mm lobe, Snug
    10 Tattoos
    D

My problem is I leave on the 9th for vacation. The place I get pierced at is an hour and a half away. Plus I work all week. So I can't just drive by real quick and ask. The rubbing "hurts" my gums after talking for a period of time and I don't want damage issues to my gums. I think 2 weeks seems too soon for it to be chnaged. I guess I could always wait until after I come back on the 19th.

I wouldn't say too early if there's no swelling or irritation and lots of room left on the bar.
    Like I say ive had my left side of my lip pierced coming up 10 years and have worn an 8mm post in for a long time, my right currently has a 12mm post in it for swelling and then I'll be going after 2.5 weeks to hopefully downsize because it gets more irritated the more it gets knocked due to the too long bar, but they'll probably only downsize to a 10mm post, that 2mm will make aaaalll the difference and I can swap to an 8mm when it's fully settled in a couple of months time.
    So while it might not get fully downsized if you go, they can make you more comfortable.

I only had my conch and scaffold downsized after only 4 weeks because they were so well behaved and have been even better since when I've seen most people need a good few months to downsize those piercings.
    Right 10mm lobe, Snug
    10 Tattoos
    D

Day 13

No more swelling. No pain other then when eating. The pressure on my lower lip causes a discomfort. My inner lip had adjusted to the "foreign" object rubbing. I don't notice any more soreness from the rubbing anymore. There are some tinking of the jewelry on my teeth but not damage worthy. Having a gooey discharge but not sure how much of that is the piercing healing vs chapstick. I never got a chance to change out my bar. But I'm currently in the airport heading to vacation!!! But over all I'd say this is an easy piercing.

Enjoy your holiday! Glad you're having an easy healing
    Right 10mm lobe, Snug
    10 Tattoos
    D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12